New Track Pieces

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Chralex
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

New Track Pieces

Post by Chralex » 22 Nov 2009 12:45

Just an idea...

Maybe moving obstacles?

Or walls you can smash through if your going fast enough, or knocking over things to make shortcuts and stuff, if you going fast enough.

Simpler than it sounds :L

Just a little idea.

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Re: New Track Pieces

Post by otmb;ripbox » 22 Nov 2009 19:47

sound like a sonic the hedgehog environment haha
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

Lyian
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by Lyian » 11 Jan 2010 20:35

Ive thought about this..

Stuff like. Trains. You could build train tracks to jump over and cross. Or set up movie like "jump though the train" areas. or haha.. set up roads to merge with tracks to you have to beat the train out of the tunnel or something :P

Also stuff like a Wind generators (ie windmills) i can think of anything else atm.. but trains is the main one.

runnygunny
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMNF TMO TMS

Post by runnygunny » 31 Jan 2010 22:20

extras cars would be good i guess. :thumbsup:

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 04 Feb 2010 14:22

What we need in the track pieces is more love to the mediatrackers--for example like the parts that have been mentioned, maybe include parked car pieces if there is to be a city environment, or maybe "people blocks" to stand on sidewalks and things...just to make it feel less like a ghost town...
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

metoxys
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: O,SX,N,NF,U,UF,DS
Manialink(s): metoxys

Post by metoxys » 12 Feb 2010 10:56

If there are people blocks on the sidewalks then play Midnight Club or GTA or something like that.
If there wouldbe people on the sidewalks then most of the weird lol guys will try to drive the crap out of them.
If you get massive slowdown or punishment when you drive through people then driving extreme curves won't be that much possible anymore...

meto
United TMX nickname: metoxys
Online login: metoxys
Manialink: metoxyscolor>

Get Dropbox
Get TrackMania

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 12 Feb 2010 15:09

metoxys wrote:If there are people blocks on the sidewalks then play Midnight Club or GTA or something like that.
If there wouldbe people on the sidewalks then most of the weird lol guys will try to drive the crap out of them.
If you get massive slowdown or punishment when you drive through people then driving extreme curves won't be that much possible anymore...

meto
You're not getting what I'm saying. TM is nice, but I've always felt it's been "abandoned" or something...there's NOBODY in it. That would be lessened if you could just place "people blocks" or "parked-car-blocks" like you can place "tree blocks" and "track blocks"...you follow me now? They can be non-clippable, so you cant run over them, I don't even care if they're 3D...they can be 2D rendered for all I care and painted on the inside of those stadium grandstands, just as long as we have somebody watching the race...

hpbifta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by hpbifta » 12 Feb 2010 15:16

Trackmaniack wrote:TM is nice, but I've always felt it's been "abandoned" or something...there's NOBODY in it. That would be lessened if you could just place "people blocks" or "parked-car-blocks" like you can place "tree blocks" and "track blocks"...you follow me now? They can be non-clippable, so you cant run over them, I don't even care if they're 3D...they can be 2D rendered for all I care and painted on the inside of those stadium grandstands, just as long as we have somebody watching the race...

+1, can`t agree more, I have always wanted this for ALL the enviro`s, Bay would be nicer if there was people on the streets, Fishermen and villagers on Coast would be nice, sunbathers on island ...... I would`nt even care if they are basicaliy cardboard cut-outs which are as tough as steel (like all the other obstacles such as trees bushes and tyres etc like in Geoff Crammonds GP4 game) they just would add so much more to the atmoshpere of the game.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 12 Feb 2010 20:43

hpbifta wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:TM is nice, but I've always felt it's been "abandoned" or something...there's NOBODY in it. That would be lessened if you could just place "people blocks" or "parked-car-blocks" like you can place "tree blocks" and "track blocks"...you follow me now? They can be non-clippable, so you cant run over them, I don't even care if they're 3D...they can be 2D rendered for all I care and painted on the inside of those stadium grandstands, just as long as we have somebody watching the race...

+1, can`t agree more, I have always wanted this for ALL the enviro`s, Bay would be nicer if there was people on the streets, Fishermen and villagers on Coast would be nice, sunbathers on island ...... I would`nt even care if they are basicaliy cardboard cut-outs which are as tough as steel (like all the other obstacles such as trees bushes and tyres etc like in Geoff Crammonds GP4 game) they just would add so much more to the atmoshpere of the game.
YAY! hpbifta agrees with me! :3 xD

metoxys
road tourist
road tourist

Post by metoxys » 14 Feb 2010 10:01

Okay, I would think that it would be damn nice if there was a crowded tribune in Stadium or something like that :)

meto

Get Dropbox
Get TrackMania

runnygunny
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMNF TMO TMS

Post by runnygunny » 14 Feb 2010 20:30

YEAH LIKE ROADS WITH MINES IN THEM. TEEHEE!!!

metoxys
road tourist
road tourist

Post by metoxys » 16 Feb 2010 12:26

runnygunny wrote:YEAH LIKE ROADS WITH MINES IN THEM. TEEHEE!!!
lolwut
No comment >.<

Get Dropbox
Get TrackMania

Martificiam
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMO, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Martificiam » 14 Mar 2010 13:12

I'd love to move all the pieces exactly where I want, even if it's outside the environment.

SpeedBean
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMN, TMUF

Post by SpeedBean » 09 Jul 2010 19:11

Martificiam wrote:I'd love to move all the pieces exactly where I want, even if it's outside the environment.
It's called mixmapping, lol
OG Been here since 2003,

Slave692
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO, TMN

Post by Slave692 » 14 Jul 2010 11:13

metoxys wrote:If there are people blocks on the sidewalks then play Midnight Club or GTA or something like that.

meto
how about for a twisted kind of platform/stunt thing where you have to traverse the hard platform tracks but have to impress or run over(including hitting them while drifting) but not killing them just knocking down and they get up and chase you