TM2? TM4?

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

TM2? TM4?

Post by otmb;ripbox » 05 Feb 2010 16:54

I was trying to think, if this so called TM2 is the second TM then does it take place before TM sunrise?
Shouldn't this one be called TM4?

Why you ask??

Well think about it!

TM - TMO = TM1
TMS - TMSX = TM2
TMN - TMNF = TM3
TMU - TMUF = TM3.1
Accused TM2 should then be TM4 right? And will it really be called TM2? will it not have another name like TM2 + TM3 &TM3.1

To be honest rather than it being called TM2 i think it should have some sort of name....
Maybe we could through a few names up in the air.... maybe Nadeo may take a liking to the name and use it

How about Trackmania Evolution?
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Re: TM2? TM4?

Post by TStarGermany » 05 Feb 2010 19:32

oh there are still lots of nice names left

trackmania evolutions (as you said)
trackmania generations
trackmania 2nd generation
trackmania universe

we will see

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by otmb;ripbox » 05 Feb 2010 20:10

TStarGermany wrote:trackmania 2nd generation
That would Tie in with TM2 but its not got much of a ring to it :(

Trackmania 2nd drive
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Post by TheM » 05 Feb 2010 21:10

Names... just accept them as they are :P

shazb0t
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by shazb0t » 05 Feb 2010 23:36

Don't nitpick. It's another TrackMania - just take it and love it.

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

Post by robert1 » 09 Feb 2010 08:22

i guess with TMU(F) they taking TMO, TMS and TMN as 1 game so TM1 and TM2 could end up like TMUF in a few years?
CPU: Intel i7 3.40 GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Optical: Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive
Grapichs: Asus GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5
Over Clockers UK: "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 09 Feb 2010 14:44

robert1 wrote:i guess with TMU(F) they taking TMO, TMS and TMN as 1 game so TM1 and TM2 could end up like TMUF in a few years?
That would be SWEET. Just continue updating the TM-engine. I believe that there are a lot of environmental possibilities that have yet to be explored...Just becoming more specific on the environments there are, and adding whole new environments. For example, you could refine the Stadium environment and turn it into complete dirt--put in some arena-style trucks and you have a whole new physics-set. Then, there could be new environments. Moon and Toy seem like cool ones...
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by otmb;ripbox » 09 Feb 2010 16:31

shazb0t wrote:Don't nitpick. It's another TrackMania - just take it and love it.
Well i wasnt nitpicking but since your accusing me of it i might as well.....

shazb0t <--- Nice spambot name :wink:

highway camper <--- What exactly do you know of these forums or even TM??

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:20 pm <--- Welcome to the party, Better late than never huh?

Posts: 1 <--- Not a very good start....... Its your first Post you N00B!

Owned TM-games: TMNF <--- Well that explains it..... A TMNF Free Loader who thinks he/she knows it all..... forgive oh mighty spazb0t :roflol:
robert1 wrote:i guess with TMU(F) they taking TMO, TMS and TMN as 1 game so TM1 and TM2 could end up like TMUF in a few years?
That could explain it... :thumbsup:
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64

hpbifta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by hpbifta » 09 Feb 2010 19:38

Yo Rip, just thought I would chip in my two cents...

Tbh i`m with "What does it matter?" crew, Many game production studios seemed to forget how to count a Loooooonnnng time ago ( Kinda makes you understand why so many games are so buggy hehe),

examples :

Resident Evil, I swear blind theres been about 12 of em and the official title count is still only RE5,

Grand Theft Auto, hmm lets see.... GTA, GTA London, GTA 2, GTA3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Game Boy Advance (different from GTA but only slightly), GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories and then..... huff puff.... GTA 4.

Castlevania, Final Fantasy and many many more.......

Personally I Would'nt really care if they called it TrackMania Eat My F*'ing Tyre Smoke 12674352, as long as the game looks good, plays well and is a good advance on what has gone before Nadeo can call it what they like, all I do know is if I catch you on ventrilo and said do you want to play TM you will load the same latest updated version of the game we have available and race irrellevant of name or number.

So in conclusion Just go with the flow dude, I know you, you're too chilled to care about this sort of thing so why bring it up? :sweet:

Let me guess, you were bored and wanted to wind someone up, i get it d'oh. :wink:

See ya on the tracks mate.

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by otmb;ripbox » 09 Feb 2010 21:01

Well TBH HP.... i was just a bit puzzeled as to why they want to call it TM2???
non of the others have had a number so why this one? as well i was sort of hoping Nadeo would clear it up too.... maybe even drop a hint or 2 about the new TM while they were here

But as for Spazb0t coming in one there very 1st post and telling the old timers with genuine questiond to go and suck eggs.... well that deserves the old wind-up treatment

Did Nadeo agree to an Interview with you yet?

I suspect they are too busy rite now kicking Ubisoft up the bum to answer all your questions :lol:
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64

hpbifta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by hpbifta » 09 Feb 2010 22:58

Well I can actually answer the first question, though my research is just from what has been said so far by Hylis and all is public knowledge .

TM2 is so called because it is a Major advancement over the format so far. The whole game is getting an overhaul, the graphic engine, the editor, the on-line system and the new levels of flexibility which will be created by the new tools. From what can be made out the combination of every trick the media-tracker has so far alongside the new ManiaScript system as well as a new more intuitive fluid level editor combined with the Block import tool will move TM onto a whole new level of creativity and sophistication it has never seen before.

After all there is only so much we have been able to do with the TM1 engine (TM 1.0 > TMUF Star Track Edition) which have all been only small advances at a time building on a set system, The TM2 engine is set to allow for so much flexibilty we can only dream at the moment. All that is truly known is that TM2 is going give a totally new feeling of flexibility and creation that all going well it will totally eclipse all that has come so far.

We can but see, but I understand the reasoning.

....and no they have'nt agreed yet but it still is'nt the right time, it is still a long time till testing let alone release so anything and everything that could be said now would be changeable and possibly irrelevant or inflmmatory. Though I will approach them for an interview nearer the release date (probably sometime around the alpha test phase) and see what they what they say. There`s no guarantees any which way, so don't cross your fingers.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 10 Feb 2010 18:48

Well, here's my opinion, since nothing to this end has been said yet...TM 2 could be just a working title. I mean, I can't count how many games I know of that went into production as one game and came out as another...just for example, two big headliner games: Starfox and the Legend of Zelda. Starfox Assault originally was just called "Star Fox", then "Star Fox 2" (after the unreleased title) then "Star Fox Armada, then it finally became "Starfox Assault." The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, I can't remember all the production names it went through, but it had a similar path...
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

racemaster76
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMSX, TMN

Post by racemaster76 » 13 Feb 2010 04:53

Trackmania New Dawn? :D
Hello and again welcome to the Crapeture Spyence Entwitchment Farm!

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United and TMN

Post by The Doctor » 13 Feb 2010 23:31

Track Mania 2 would suggest that it is a fundamentally different enough from a software standpoint and not backward compatible with TMU/N to warrant a new # designation. I've read all the Nadeo stuff and have see little about using tracks from the older versions of TrackMania. Not a huge loss. People like to make tracks. There will be new stuff quickly.
OR
It is all Hype. Capital H. The 2 could be just to simply make us think that there is something new about the game and not just repackaging with a bit of lipstick and liposuction. I'm saying that is a valid business tactic. It has been done before. Sounds cynical I know.

But I am hopeful that when I spend my money, and I will, that it will be well spent.

Dany0
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Dany0 » 11 Mar 2010 17:30

otmb;ripbox wrote: TM - TMO = TM1
TMS - TMSX = TM2
TMN - TMNF = TM3
TMU - TMUF = TM3.1
Wrong, TM2 is complete re-write. Therefore:
TM = 0.9-1.0