Stuff on the tracks!

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Dany0
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Stuff on the tracks!

Post by Dany0 » 02 May 2010 20:59

Hey peep I've seen some suggestions like putting some things on the track so may crash in it(and it would fly away). Well I think that would ruin the need of skill to do a good time.. and have some good fun.

So I propose a better suggestion:
OK, let's put barrels and flying squirrels and uh... rainbows from metal and uh... more barrells with uh.. rainbows on them and some trash and bananas on the road, but it won't affect the speed. It would work just like a simple side effect.

Also this enforces me to an other suggestion - breaking bridges! You can drive over it only once. Or you can set up how much maximal damage can it take until it breaks down. Of course it would affect just one race and player. But so we can make some epic endings, crazy multi-ways and etc. :mrgreen:

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Re: Stuff on the tracks!

Post by otmb;ripbox » 03 May 2010 14:57

Mario kart anyone?
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

Dany0
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by Dany0 » 03 May 2010 15:59

What do you mean?

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 03 May 2010 16:59

Sometimes i wonder about the users in this forum and theire connection to trackmania :grmblz:

@ Dany0 read the quotes in the way, i put them. Maybe things are more clear now.
Dany0 wrote:OK, let's put barrels and flying squirrels and uh... rainbows from metal and uh... more barrells with uh.. rainbows on them and some trash and bananas on the road, but it won't affect the speed. It would work just like a simple side effect.
otmb;ripbox wrote:Mario kart anyone?
Oh noes, they are in chronological order. And still make sense.

Dany0
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by Dany0 » 04 May 2010 13:44

I was writing this half-asleep. Was trying just to get some fun in it. Therefore no connection with mariokart.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 06 May 2010 13:33

Dany0 wrote:I was writing this half-asleep. Was trying just to get some fun in it. Therefore no connection with mariokart.
<_< Because you say there's not doesn't mean that there's not... :roll: It sounds just like the Mariokart games, therefore, he was implying the inference between your (subpar) suggestion and a great game by the Nintendo franchise. If you turn TM into that, not only will Nintendo sue, but we'll lose a great game. Jeez, TM is great with the formula they have ALREADY. I don't know why everybody keeps wanting to change it. The ONLY change I would possibly like to see and this may end up being a whole different game, is Trackmania-style play with collisions. NSR is fun. Crashday was fun. Flatout was fun. But none of them quite "get it" like TM does...the editor, the gameplay, the online community, everything is just user-friendly from the ground up. TM is a gamer's game...and I hope they continue things for a long time to come...
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Bramble
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Bramble » 12 May 2010 01:53

Why are people obcessed with trying to turn trackmania into every other racing game on the market? It's fine how it is!

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 22 May 2010 07:43

Bramble wrote:Why are people obcessed with trying to turn trackmania into every other racing game on the market? It's fine how it is!
Well, in that case we wouldn't need tm2, would we....
I agree that there are some errr, let's say, less interesting ideas, but the goal of this part of the forum is to give the community a place to speculate on tm2 and to express themselves about what they would like to see in tm2.