How can you tolerate the TPS / Power System Servers ?

A light version of The Power System mixed with an optimized Aseco 100% both compatible. Supported by TPSMANIA universal database.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

How can you tolerate the TPS / Power System Servers ?

Post by TStarGermany » 08 Aug 2010 14:13

I never paid any real attention to gekko's "power system" before, I just found it to be "special" .. but several people asked me about some "specialities" of it, so I took a closer look at the TPS servers (without test-installing the software myself).

- TPS works with masses of fake users which artificially increase the number of "present people" on the server, automatically pushing it onto the front of national server listings, making it attractive to join for people who don't know that this is a scam.
(non existing account logins, default grey cars, all 0 ladder points, non viewable although not in spec mode)
- When tracks are played, author names are not shown
- In the tracklisting menu, all original author names are erased/replaced

A continous scam, a nasty violation of "fair use" principles within the TM network, several potential legal violations ...
The fact that the TPS is closely associated with playfaster's comercial business (server rentals, premium account sales) doesn't make this really better, does it ?

I admit that I'm baffled that these TPS servers are actually tolerated in the TM network :roll:

Thoughts, ideas, relentless flames ?

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Re: How can you tolerate the TPS / Power System Servers ?

Post by lille79 » 08 Aug 2010 15:15

Strange... seems almost as the players that leave "stays" in the server... Do you know the accounts don't exist?
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by TStarGermany » 08 Aug 2010 15:17

i did a short check of about 15 logins with the help of TM ladder, they didn't exist. and it was possible to register a new account under these logins as well.

a user started to collect usernames+logins of the fakes on a single server (TPS germany). and these were just a fraction of the fake users present. you are free to check them...

Professor Dumb?! = malterijn
Total Noob = tmcrack12
Im on weed again = weedweedw
Spagger = thespag
IGOR = chingchan
Shaggy = shaggyist
Konstantin = heribertk
Look = holdonto
G+S = gilbertun
3milio = 1985emili
Estefania = estefania
Giocondo = giocondo2
Nole = nolenbk
cleaninghands = whutareyo
Lier = cleaningh
Dr.Titte = seppmuell
Anarchie! = randaleer
Swartzenegger = igorschel
SuperMan = megamen70
The Hool = crazyhool
Holdonto = bigmoneyy
Kiffer Kroker = kifkroker
Black - White = omgwtflol
Fleischer = tobias_sc
Wusel Dusel? = bartsimps
Fellow = fellow99
Fight Fight = marilynma
FrAnKi3 = celluliti
KingKong = rasenderr
50cent = hophop4ev
PaeTMdo = habsgerng
Jees = allthelie
Klimilk0 = klimlikoj
xXx = develejee
Ale = alexander
mylittlegirl = mylittleg
FFxck = damntech
Aaaaahhhhh = uglytoth
Bonanza = bonanza88
bigmoney = black.whi
Bass D = bassd88
ClitCommander = pjotertsc
Speedy Gonzales = dreifachx
IOG 1st = kkcinmuni
Esmeralda = esmebrazi
Last edited by TStarGermany on 08 Aug 2010 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 08 Aug 2010 15:21

That is certainly something that somebody needs to look at. Never been at a TPS-server for more than 5 mins, but have never thought/heard about "fake" users on a server before...

Let's hope this is an error of some kind.
/lille79
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by TStarGermany » 08 Aug 2010 15:23

the user who inititially talked to me gathered lots of screenshots and login names as evidence, much more than i have posted...
just take the 1st login as example.. this is the result

pretty much speaks for itself :evil:

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 08 Aug 2010 16:51

Saw several of these 'players' on the TPS italy server also today. Weird stuff is all I can say.
/lille79

haker0srb
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by haker0srb » 08 Aug 2010 17:08

While I worked on counter strike servers, it was quite normal and well-known thing. Usually used by the server owners who wanted to attract attention of a large number of players. How much can I notice it is a good system, and invested a lot of effort and work. Everything a man wants is to be noted in the heap of 4,000 servers in trackmania. If you look at everything as black and white then xaseco can be considered for the virus that is spread by almost all servers in the trackmania :D This game would work perfectly if the NADEO enable the creation of dedicated servers only to the players who bought the game. Then we would not have 4000 servers and may be players gathered in less space and enjoyed the game together.
International >Click to Join<

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 08 Aug 2010 17:44

So therefore having "ghost" visitors is OK? Because the "Gekko-system" of TM isn't popular? If this is correct, then the "thousands" of users that Gekko has told us SO much about just don't exist? So if I use 30-40 hours a week setting up servers and helping people with TM is less worth than a guy who can "hack" the system and benefit commercially because he knows how to get "ghost"-users. That's probably one of the dumbest reasons I've heard. And ofcourse xaseco is a virus :P
/lille79

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 09 Aug 2010 00:30

I been in these servers a couple times and personally i was un-impressed with TPS/Gaseco. seem a lot of what they had was fake, and detracted away from the game. I never looked at the other players on-line but it did seem a lot less people were racing compared too the number that showed in the ladder at end of round. guess that's why you also never seen one of there servers go above the 0-60k ladder level. how can you show more people on-line than the ladder levels would allow?? and If you can't get TPS/Gaseco anymore for download here, they should just kill this sub-forum altogether. why keep something here that no one can get?
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

haker0srb
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by haker0srb » 09 Aug 2010 03:44

lille79 wrote:So therefore having "ghost" visitors is OK? Because the "Gekko-system" of TM isn't popular? If this is correct, then the "thousands" of users that Gekko has told us SO much about just don't exist? So if I use 30-40 hours a week setting up servers and helping people with TM is less worth than a guy who can "hack" the system and benefit commercially because he knows how to get "ghost"-users. That's probably one of the dumbest reasons I've heard. And ofcourse xaseco is a virus :P
Maybe they are really ghosts of players who died on the sharp curve :D I spend about eighty hours a week to create a server
and my personal controller for trackmania and not ling around and raise dust. Again I repeat the basic problem is this for all of us:

Online players : 6544
Online servers : 3622
Players/Server: ~1.8

With this situation it is better to play solo! And all you server owners would prefer to have players on the server, right ?
I do not support the way Gekko expressed dissatisfaction with this state in tracmania, but it is not his failure, it is a mistake of the company NADEO who allow the creation of more servers than players!

For all this I add:
I've got my own personal server with password. Controller written by me. Fantastic company in a team and in general I did not care for anything else!@

For me Gekko is with this "ad" caused less damage than many of which are created by fifty servers purely to increase the number!!!

Bla Bla - Mini
Bla Bla - Lol
Bla Bla - Tech
Bla Bla - FullSpeed
Bla Bla - .... and
ZeroSwitch :roflol:
International >Click to Join<

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 10 Aug 2010 15:34

Uhuhuh, you are losing time.
Nadeo asked me to shut down the bots, and i builded some pc to take the login connected all days.
Nothing strange.
I done 45 real account, and i done a batch to start all together.
This 45 logins are not counted in visits, not counted on the final table. I do always good things.
There is nothing of special.

And this is the reason i told in the past, that the server list is done bad!!! Only who have the PC to launch several accounts will have the server full.
All servers do this, on each PC you can launch 5 account, so you can know now how many virtual system i launch on my NET.

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 10 Aug 2010 15:37

haker0srb wrote:While I worked on counter strike servers, it was quite normal and well-known thing. Usually used by the server owners who wanted to attract attention of a large number of players. How much can I notice it is a good system, and invested a lot of effort and work. Everything a man wants is to be noted in the heap of 4,000 servers in trackmania. If you look at everything as black and white then xaseco can be considered for the virus that is spread by almost all servers in the trackmania :D This game would work perfectly if the NADEO enable the creation of dedicated servers only to the players who bought the game. Then we would not have 4000 servers and may be players gathered in less space and enjoyed the game together.
You are the best man!!!! I agree totally!!!
I quote also hacker0srb, too much servers, too low players!!
I'm happy the question is now opened!!! This mean that my war is not useless!!!!

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2010 15:41

I don't want to get too involved, but the solution to a game loosing player, is not to spam the servers with fake users for your own popularity! ...Well least i feel it's a little shallow.

Our team has many servers all with an average probably lower than stated above, my team do not mind this as we play leagues and are often not seen "in public" ...that does not mean we are not there ... it is mildly ignorant to assume a low player count means that all the TM lovers are not "doing their thing" regardless of the player counts in ANY server out there :thumbsup:

@ Gekko, for that one or two men that agree, there will be countless others that do not, don't kid yourself too much 8)

In saying that, i don't mind so much whatever i, or you do with the game ... thats the good thing we have a choice to live how we want in TM ... if that's not a positive what is?

Two choices, either carry on as you are and moan less, or pretty quickly become one of those trolls who is allways against a good thing. you have a choice. As far as the critisism of TPS is concerned, that's something you can choose to ignore, but that is not to say that NADEO will i guess the ball is their court now?

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 10 Aug 2010 16:54

Hmmm, i say only this, Nadeo done 5 PC can connect from same IP, and i use it. Not more not less.
If you don't like this, tell it to Nadeo. Until i can do this, i will do.
I will always use all the feature Nadeo developed to do what i need. Nothing strange.

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 10 Aug 2010 17:06

To StarGermany, i never paid attention to you, but, as we are not brothers, i ask to change the title of the post, already noticed the admins.
The logins exist, maybe you need i teach you how to know if they exist or not.