Mediatracker?

Discuss general specifics about Trackmania Wii, the Trackmania flavor for Nintendo's Wii console.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

hogofddyn_
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: All

Mediatracker?

Post by hogofddyn_ » 13 Apr 2010 12:05

*wonders if Trackmania Wii will have mediatracker support*

*also wonders if colour tinting, DOF blur etc will be available*

racemaster76
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMSX, TMN

Re: Mediatracker?

Post by racemaster76 » 22 Apr 2010 12:55

That's too much for a Wii game, the game has to have simple but enternaining features. The mediatracker is just too much and could put a strain on the console's memory space so whats the :grmblz: point?
Hello and again welcome to the Crapeture Spyence Entwitchment Farm!

hogofddyn_
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by hogofddyn_ » 22 Apr 2010 14:13

The point is creative freedom.

I would assume that the basic mediatracker effects (ie DOF blur, colour tints, onscreen text) take up next to no memory. Most of these effects are standard in Wii games and are part of the GFX cards shader instruction set.
The mediatracker interface itself would take up slightly more memory, but then if you consider games like Tony Hawks and Skate, they already have very similar timeline based interfaces that work in much the same way as trackmanias mediatracker.

I don't think it's technically impossible to implement - just unlikely as i expect the majority of people wouldn't use it.

*ed* i meant gfx chip not gfx card.
Last edited by hogofddyn_ on 28 Apr 2010 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

racemaster76
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMSX, TMN

Post by racemaster76 » 27 Apr 2010 07:05

hmmm, ok they could put it, but not like in the PC, like a simplified one (you know put start triggers and end triggers then assign what should it show to you :mrgreen: )
Hello and again welcome to the Crapeture Spyence Entwitchment Farm!

hogofddyn_
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by hogofddyn_ » 28 Apr 2010 15:32

Yup. I think simple start/end blocks to trigger camera changes and possibly effects would suffice.

Camera changes are neccasary for certain sections of track such as loops and those cylindrical tunnels in island tracks (TMSX onwards) so I hope some kind of funtionality to support them is included.

OneStep
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMF,TMO,TMSX,TMN

Post by OneStep » 12 Sep 2010 12:00

racemaster76 wrote:That's too much for a Wii game, the game has to have simple but enternaining features. The mediatracker is just too much and could put a strain on the console's memory space so whats the :grmblz: point?
really Right :thumbsup: :1
oh well,TM

Also check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDraver48?feature=mhum