Trackmania Wii being sent to die in EU?

Discuss general specifics about Trackmania Wii, the Trackmania flavor for Nintendo's Wii console.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

maperpario
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: fuu

Trackmania Wii being sent to die in EU?

Post by maperpario » 21 Sep 2010 13:21

So it seems Trackmania Wii is 2 days from release in Europe... and so far I have seen no promotion, no reviews... NO MENTION of the game ANYWHERE. What's going on here?

The release date was moved to September 23 earlier this year and there's been no change to that, I see it on the Nintendo channel as "September 23" so I presume Nintendo thinks it's arriving on that date too.

Why is this game getting such a low-level stealth release? I was seriously considering getting this game as it looked fantastic, but apart from the standard PR there is little to no information on this title - and the terrible lack of support for it demonstrated so far is making me reconsider.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Re: Trackmania Wii being sent to die in EU?

Post by jamie_macdonald » 21 Sep 2010 13:39

I think the last 7-9 items in the official news section are all TM Wii related.

There is plenty of information, a website and a fair amount of pictures and video footage out there for TM Wii ..admitedly not as much as a "big brand" game ...but hey it'll be good regardless :thumbsup:

Not really sure what "other" information you expect?

Trackmania_Infinity
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMS

Post by Trackmania_Infinity » 22 Sep 2010 12:49

Maybe they're not sure people will like it, so they're not wasting a lot of money/time advertising.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 22 Sep 2010 15:18

http://tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=26622&start=0

A new last video before release, looking nice :thumbsup:

I dont think United/Forever/Sunrise/Original was advertised that much either... As with many good things, word of mouth is all that will be needed ^^

EDIT: And now, It's out: http://tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=26629

Enjoy ^^

popolon
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by popolon » 23 Sep 2010 18:01

Btw, anyone knows where can you order it in Europe? I found it on GameStop, but they charge me too much for shipping to Europe...

Potrod
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TM2 Canyon, TM Turbo

Post by Potrod » 24 Sep 2010 02:51

Can you play the EU version in the US? I don't even have a Wii yet, but I might buy one just for this. US version is out in December right?

Pukey
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Wii

Post by Pukey » 28 Sep 2010 10:21

I went to buy this on day of release and the UKs biggest videogame store GAME told me they were only selling it online. Also checked again 2 days later and couldn't find it in tesco or asda either. Finally found it in HMV. the game is brilliant and am loving the multiplayer with my housemates. It deserves better marketing than this!!!

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMWii

Post by pobmaestro » 28 Sep 2010 19:22

£24.99 at Play.com UK - http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/139524 ... oduct.html

I've just ordered my copy; couldn't resist it :D

Ranta-V
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMWii

Post by Ranta-V » 29 Sep 2010 15:32

Can't find it anywhere in Finland either. Also, there's only three reviews in metacritic.com and the game is already released. It really seems like the publisher doesn't believe this game has too much market potential? I wonder why's that because the game is really popular amongst pc-players and there's not too much good online racing games out there on Wii. I was really anticipating this title.

Now I'm not sure if I will even buy it. If they're not selling it anywhere and the stores didn't even know the game excisted until I asked them, will there be any players online? I mean who the hell wants to play trackmania offline? Not me.

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMWii

Post by pobmaestro » 29 Sep 2010 19:31

Ranta-V wrote:Can't find it anywhere in Finland either. Also, there's only three reviews in metacritic.com and the game is already released. It really seems like the publisher doesn't believe this game has too much market potential? I wonder why's that because the game is really popular amongst pc-players and there's not too much good online racing games out there on Wii. I was really anticipating this title.

Now I'm not sure if I will even buy it. If they're not selling it anywhere and the stores didn't even know the game excisted until I asked them, will there be any players online? I mean who the hell wants to play trackmania offline? Not me.
How much publicity has any TM game had? In the UK I've only ever seen a few reviews and a demo of each TM title over the years. TMNF has had a bit more as it's free but other than that...I would have thought it is a budget thing - advertising is very expensive and the publishers of TM Wii, Focus, probably don't have the money to get it the worldwide recognition it deserves.

Oh and I played TM offline for many years, but yeah it's a lot better online :)

Ranta-V
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMWii

Post by Ranta-V » 30 Sep 2010 12:33

Yeah well I consider the first console release to be a bit more significant now when the pc versions have gained the popularity they deserve after many years. PC Trackmania kind of came out of nowhere as a free game from a small indie developer so I see it was a totally different situation.

Well you who have the game, tell me is there enough company to play with online?

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 30 Sep 2010 15:13

Does the game try to do a wii system update when you first run it?

Or better yet: does this work on a hacked 4.1E downgrade?

My Wii's softmodded (to play NTSC smash bros. brawl) and it's not like I'm suggesting I'm planning to just pirate Trackmania because I'm not. But the problem is I just can't upgrade my system firmware any more, so if the game runs through Neogamma or something without any silly errors then I need to know.

I want to buy this. I want to play it. If it only runs on firmware 4.2 or 4.3 or whatever it's currently at, then I'm looking at having to buy a new Wii ... which I don't want to have to do :(
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

KuroBit
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF(Steam)

Post by KuroBit » 04 Oct 2010 22:24

It should work fine, I don't think Wii games need a specific firmware to run like other systems, just as long as you install all of the IOS's you need.

I haven't personally tried this yet though since It's not out in the US yet, I'll probably wait to buy the US version when it comes out... At least as long as it ends up being a good game, what I've heard so far doesn't seem so positive...