Wth?!

Find here all the tracks of the Community. For more tracks you can go on Trackmania Exchange : http://www.tm-exchange.com

Moderator: TM-Patrol

onejive
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): NA

Wth?!

Post by onejive » 05 Aug 2008 09:53

I saw some tracks online that had like graphic problems... and the blocks mixed with each other. Tracks that used the stadium as the road and etc... how is this possible?

In particular id like to know how i can put some water going into the road... like a river stream. I saw that in a stadium track and it looked awsome. The cars passing trhouthg the water and such... Just the right thing to put in my rally track.

Can someone tell me the "secret"? :thumbsup:
AKA Revnant

WOLF(RUS)
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMS, TMUF

Re: Wth?!

Post by WOLF(RUS) » 05 Aug 2008 17:26

I can. The map you saw is called "Spectator Mode" (author : ZooZ). There your car can drive through the water. I have this map too and i like it. Now the secret : For mixing blocks you should use program named Rixmix. With this prohram you can choose X, Y and Z coordinates for blocks, but main disadvantage of this program is : it is not visual. So, you must learn some HEX skills to use it.

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TmUnited

Post by Takashi » 05 Aug 2008 17:30

You have also Fish , a mini-mixmapper , maybe the best mini's you can find so far :)

Check out his track @ tmx ;)

WOLF(RUS)
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by WOLF(RUS) » 06 Aug 2008 05:51

You have also Fish , a mini-mixmapper , maybe the best mini's you can find so far :)

Check out his track @ tmx ;)
Can you give us a direct link on it ? :D

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Takashi » 06 Aug 2008 06:58

Tmx is actually down , and I don't know why.

I give you the link when it comes back , np :)

Takashi
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Takashi » 12 Aug 2008 07:14

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 14 Aug 2008 12:03

WOLF(RUS) wrote:I can. The map you saw is called "Spectator Mode" (author : ZooZ). There your car can drive through the water. I have this map too and i like it. Now the secret : For mixing blocks you should use program named Rixmix. With this prohram you can choose X, Y and Z coordinates for blocks, but main disadvantage of this program is : it is not visual. So, you must learn some HEX skills to use it.
either rixmix has seriously improved recently, or it's still fairly useless, and only a hexeditor will help you
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

WOLF(RUS)
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by WOLF(RUS) » 20 Aug 2008 16:30

Here is your link Wolf
Sorry, error 404 :(
either rixmix has seriously improved recently, or it's still fairly useless, and only a hexeditor will help you
i read an article and learned something about mixing in Rixmix. And it works. I would like to show this article to you, but it is written in Russian :( :( :( Sorry. If you really need it, i can translate it. Just let me know. (my mail : god495@mail.ru) :D