Instructions

Find here all the tracks of the Community. For more tracks you can go on Trackmania Exchange : http://www.tm-exchange.com

Moderator: TM-Patrol

PDF
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Instructions

Post by PDF » 12 May 2013 16:42

I am new to the forum (hello!), and I have an important question: Is there a pdf tutorial or listing of the short cut keys for the track editor? The main problem I'm having is that the track pieces are not named, so it's kind of hit or miss when placing a piece. Also, in the basic editor, is there a way to undo more than one placement? (Sometimes I want to undo more than one step and I have not yet figured out how to do this!)
Thanks in advance for any help or hints.

eXtreme34
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: All except PowerUp^^
Manialink(s): extreme34

Re: Instructions

Post by eXtreme34 » 12 May 2013 18:32

Hi and welcome. :)
Blocks aren't named indeed, only the Start, Finish, CheckPoint and MultiLap blocks are noticed.
Here is a list of the short cut keys you can use :
Space to put one block, maintain Ctrl and click on a block to select it, and press Delete on a selected block to delete it.
Arrow keys make the cursor move.
You can select a category of block or a block with the numbers 1-9 (not with the Num pad).
I think it will be enough for you. Then you can press enter on the selected point to drive, but there's no short cut key to validate the map. ;)
Hope it has helped. ;)
Visit my manialink (more than 1000 maps) : extreme34color>

PDF
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by PDF » 12 May 2013 23:20

Thanks a bunch. Just went a bought a used rig - my old computer is single core, with no threading, and no graphics card. Had to install a pci card that is running on a 32 bit bus. New rig is duel core and has a pci express slot. I'm thinking it will take at least a day to get the new rig updated and running smoothly. Wish me luck!
And then I get to reinstall TM Nations and have another go at the editor! Might not be back to the forum until tomorrow evening.

eXtreme34
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: All except PowerUp^^
Manialink(s): extreme34

Post by eXtreme34 » 13 May 2013 04:26

Ok, no problem. :)
Visit my manialink (more than 1000 maps) : extreme34color>