[Map]Tests for level designing tracks

Find here all the tracks of the Community. For more tracks you can go on Trackmania Exchange : http://www.tm-exchange.com

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Méta
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

[Map]Tests for level designing tracks

Post by Méta » 21 Mar 2017 10:18

[Edit] : seems like I can't upload my track " board attachment quota has been reached " . Is there any way for me to share my map ?

Hello everybody !

I'm a student in game design/level design, and I currently have an assignement that is to create a track for TMNForever.
The goal of the assignement is to study level designing.

This track is made for people who can drive at ease on B-level tracks (~C-level skills)
For my track, I tried to play with the ilinx/vertigo sensation, that is to say, the disorientation sensations, like in Roller Coasters, Mirror's Edge, etc.

What I would like is for you to test my track (it is my first draft, and it's the first time I am doing level design) and give me some feedback, like overall difficulty, locations requiring too much skill (for B-/C-level tracks) or not intuitive enough, etc.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask :)

Please only read after having tested the track
The level is divded in 3 parts (+1 starting zone +1 ending zone), and each part is focused around 1 type of disorientation.
The 1st main zone (with lots of curvings on the ground) is centered on spatial disorientation.
The 2nd one is about cambered roads (on asphalt, then on ground)
The 3rd one is about looping and acrobatics
Starting zone is to introduce basic movement ; ending zone is about height and fall.

In difficulty, the level a summary of A- and B-level tracks. So the start is very basic, and the end of the track is at B-level skill (2nd zone is a respiration zone)

Thanks a lot,
Have a nice day :D

Owen J
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: All PC & DS
Manialink(s): Nope

Re: [Map]Tests for level designing tracks

Post by Owen J » 22 Mar 2017 12:22

Hi :D

you can upload your track to https://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com