CAR SHADOW TUTORIAL

Find here all the Skins of the Community. For more Skins you can go on Carpark : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

T.O.M.
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU
Manialink(s): T.O.M.

Re: CAR SHADOW TUTORIAL

Post by T.O.M. » 20 Feb 2008 22:40

And im talking about Ford Capri becouse "Doctor" asked about it so get lost with your Formula or whatever :roll: ...
MANIAPAGE : T.O.M.
ImageImage
sQs.TrackMania.cz
T.O.M.

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 21 Feb 2008 13:46

Oh.

Well I'd just have to agree with you then, sorry. I thought you were arguing with me about lights and stuff, I'd completely missed The Doctor's post.

I've had the same problem before with a car; one of team Rasta asked me to put a shadow on his car and after messing about with it discovered I couldn't get the car to display one properly. So I'm just presuming it's a dodgy conversion,

Maybe the best bet is to just use the model that has a working shadow. Aren't they technically the same car model? If so does transferring the skin across to the new model work or is the Diffuse.dds file set up differently on the two models? O_o
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

number13man
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMUF, TMNF

Post by number13man » 22 Apr 2008 01:56

is it possible to have an animated .dds? aka flashing neon lights. that would be an ultra cool affect. i have a file made using adobe fireworks i just dont know how to integrate it into TMN. if opened in photoshop, it is no longer animated so when you convert it to .dds you lose the other frames. any ideas?

S|Lv3R
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by S|Lv3R » 25 Apr 2008 16:33

i been doin some searches it to that topic myself, but as DDS seems to be able to hold multiple texture layers, the issue with TM would probably be the addressing of them..

quote from MSDN Forums:
If you packed the seperate images into the dds file like a volume texture, then you could animate the texture by changing the w texture coordinate over a set period of time [As in (u,v,w)]

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United and TMN

Post by The Doctor » 18 May 2008 18:56

No.
At this time the game will accept only graphics that have mipmaps. A BIK file would work I suspect if it had mipmaps. But alas they do not. using multiple layers for different frames would not work unless each layer had i'ts own mipmap. That would be a huge file indeed..

TW*LiifW
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by TW*LiifW » 05 Oct 2008 20:09

Hi can someone help me?? I have done just as the tutorial says, but still it doesn't work. when i tries to open my dds file after saving it, the whole picture is purple. The only thing that is wierd is that when I am about to save, the standard Photoshop saver commes first and then the plugin version, is that the problem or not?

would bee glad for some help
(exuses for my bad english)

//TW*LiifW

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist

Post by The Doctor » 14 Nov 2008 20:01

Can you post a link here? That is the sure way for me to fix it and for you to understand what is wrong.

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist

Post by The Doctor » 05 Nov 2009 16:03

I'm sorry about the Images for this post. FileDen has lost all of my data due to a hard drive crash and still hasn't fixed my Premium account so that I can fix these posts.
They have not been helpful at all with information. I've had many years of good servivce but the past 6 months things have been going downhill and finally this crash and burn makes me question whether they really can do what i need.

Until then I'll be making new links and hosting them myself.

Archdeluxe
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM United Forever

Post by Archdeluxe » 05 Nov 2009 23:56

I feel your pain dude.

takumi22tb
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN(escw), TMNF

Post by takumi22tb » 06 Apr 2010 21:13

:? I wonder if you can make colored headlights for TMSX... that would be awesome.