Using my skin...

Find here all the Skins of the Community. For more Skins you can go on Carpark : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Crusard

Using my skin...

Post by Crusard » 03 Feb 2006 01:36

I'm having trouble making my skin to show. When I go to a multiplayer, it becomes the dafault StadiumCar skin (That white one with some nadeo and tmn stickers). So what's going on with that? Also, how do I know if my skin is being transfered to other players, and usually how long does it take?

Spybreak_9
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Spybreak_9 » 07 Feb 2006 08:34

ive got the same problem. Yea the default skin is a grey car with yellow nadeo lettering on the engine. I can see my car but nobody can see what I can see. Can anyone help me out?!

Crusard

Post by Crusard » 07 Feb 2006 17:25

I also heard you need the cd-key from previous titles for p2p skin sharing to work. Is this true?????

tH
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by tH » 08 Feb 2006 21:50

Crusard wrote:I also heard you need the cd-key from previous titles for p2p skin sharing to work. Is this true?????
Yeah i heard that too, but yesterday i saw this guy using a ferrari skin and he said that he hadn't authenticated his account.So i don't know..

Crusard

Post by Crusard » 08 Feb 2006 22:34

Perhaps a Nadeo guy could answer our questions? :roll:

CHINGON
cyclist
cyclist

Post by CHINGON » 09 Feb 2006 00:06

I have same problem.
Well one think i see is that when i made my own skin and i went online the game ask me if i wanted to shear the new file and i agree and pepole saw my skin
But now it dont ask me anymore i dont know whybut i think that could be one of the reasons

DeadlyAlive
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by DeadlyAlive » 09 Feb 2006 01:49

i think it's an option for servers just to block or allow upload of skins and avatars.
afaik the dedicated server for win32 that was released has by default to block uploads.

danneh
highway camper
highway camper

Post by danneh » 09 Feb 2006 01:53

same problem here, when i put the zip in the right dir i can select the skin in the profile menu etc.. it all works.. i join a game and can see my car.
now if i ask someone if they could see it they said no(they saw the nation skin). when i overwrite an "official" skin for instance USA.zip and select thatone the people see my car with default skin (greyone).
now i sended my skin over to someone else and let him connect to a server and it worked for the guy. i could see my skin on his car.
so i don't know where the problem is.
also tried to some stuff with the locator file but no succes..
would be greatly appriciated if someone of nadeo could answer.

ps: all the the p2p settings etc are enabled.
ps²: to the guy above. that's a negative i tested it on the same server with the guy i sended my skin to and it worked for him on that server (not for me).
thx.

PistolGFX
highway camper
highway camper

Post by PistolGFX » 09 Feb 2006 02:46

maybe the guy needs to have dled the skin so he can see it.

And when you have a cd-keu to authent your game, ppl dl the skin automatically.

I think thats how it works

danneh
highway camper
highway camper

Post by danneh » 09 Feb 2006 03:41

the guy that i gave the skin didn't authenticate and i could see it, without having the skin installed myself.

CHINGON
cyclist
cyclist

Post by CHINGON » 09 Feb 2006 04:06

danneh wrote:now i sended my skin over to someone else and let him connect to a server and it worked for the guy. i could see my skin on his car.
Well i try that with a someone and he also send me his skin and we went in the game and none of us saw each others skin. Image

danneh
highway camper
highway camper

Post by danneh » 09 Feb 2006 04:14

CHINGON wrote:
danneh wrote:now i sended my skin over to someone else and let him connect to a server and it worked for the guy. i could see my skin on his car.
Well i try that with a someone and he also send me his skin and we went in the game and none of us saw each others skin. :(
then he got the same problem that you & me have :)
if only someone of nadeo could reply.

CHINGON
cyclist
cyclist

Post by CHINGON » 09 Feb 2006 17:59

And here we are still waiting for some Nadeo guy to show up! :?

tH
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by tH » 09 Feb 2006 20:03

I just saw another guy using a skin and i asked him if he had authenticated his account and he said he didn't..
Nadeo please :|
Let's post here, i think we will get some answers faster: viewtopic.php?p=14639

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 09 Feb 2006 20:42

the p2p is enable only for authenficated account

the problem is that if it would not be like this, too many datas that can cause problem (critical for childs) would circulate online. now, if we see one data like this, we can ban the account.