How can others see my car

Find here all the Skins of the Community. For more Skins you can go on Carpark : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Post Reply
killahxx
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Jan 2009 16:32
Owned TM-games: TMNF

How can others see my car

Post by killahxx » 18 Jan 2009 16:38

Dear Tm-Forum community,

Sorry for bothering you which silly questions like these. I sincerely apologize for making this thread, and for wasting your time giving me a simple answer. But after searching, without results, I was unable to come forth with an answer to the question: How can I make other users see my custom painted car?
I managed to make my own sticker (without reading a guide, yay me) and I happily spray painted the so-called "sticker" unto my car. I also managed to save it, and load it up on a server. But when I showed my friends, they said it was just my usual boring nation car, and that there was no change on it. I puzzled me, and I came unto these forums for guidelines.

Could you tell me how I can make other players see my customly painted car? I am able to work with the proper tools (I hope; If it doesn't involve 3D modeling), and I just need a method for making my skin appear unto my car so that my friends can see it. Please help me with this, thank you :)

(Btw, I am aware of that this might not be possible because I own the free version TrackMania Nations Forver.)

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 281
Joined: 06 Nov 2007 12:57
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF
Location: far away from eejits, and lazy timewasters
Contact:

Re: How can others see my car

Post by Gording » 18 Jan 2009 17:49

killahxx wrote:Could you tell me how I can make other players see my customly painted car? I am able to work with the proper tools (I hope; If it doesn't involve 3D modeling), and I just need a method for making my skin appear unto my car so that my friends can see it. Please help me with this, thank you :)

(Btw, I am aware of that this might not be possible because I own the free version TrackMania Nations Forver.)
You've not searched much then...there are hundreds of threads, and litterally thousands of answers to this "THE" most asked question.

Also you've answered you own problem quite succinctly. TM Nations does not send out custom content. Custom 3D vehicles, 2D skins, avatars, and horns...none are sent out by TM Nations. However, Nations (Forever) can and will RECEIVE content from United (Forever) players.

Try sticking to any unaltered vehicle and skin, if you are seriously determined not to buy a game with those features actually built in. These unaltered cars may have a better chance in being in the caches of the other players, so they may appear...if you cross all your fingers toes.... :pil

killahxx
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Jan 2009 16:32
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: How can others see my car

Post by killahxx » 18 Jan 2009 18:03

Gording wrote:
killahxx wrote:Could you tell me how I can make other players see my customly painted car? I am able to work with the proper tools (I hope; If it doesn't involve 3D modeling), and I just need a method for making my skin appear unto my car so that my friends can see it. Please help me with this, thank you :)

(Btw, I am aware of that this might not be possible because I own the free version TrackMania Nations Forver.)
You've not searched much then...there are hundreds of threads, and litterally thousands of answers to this "THE" most asked question.

Also you've answered you own problem quite succinctly. TM Nations does not send out custom content. Custom 3D vehicles, 2D skins, avatars, and horns...none are sent out by TM Nations. However, Nations (Forever) can and will RECEIVE content from United (Forever) players.

Try sticking to any unaltered vehicle and skin, if you are seriously determined not to buy a game with those features actually built in. These unaltered cars may have a better chance in being in the caches of the other players, so they may appear...if you cross all your fingers toes.... :pil
Thank you, kind sir, for that answer. I suppose my search terms were not good enough then. Well, I might just have to upgrade the game then, I suppose.
If I incase do so, how would the modifications be brought to reality?

User avatar
Wolf68k
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 590
Joined: 23 Jan 2009 16:33
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMUF, TMNF
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: How can others see my car

Post by Wolf68k » 27 Jan 2009 05:21

killahxx wrote:Thank you, kind sir, for that answer. I suppose my search terms were not good enough then. Well, I might just have to upgrade the game then, I suppose.
If I incase do so, how would the modifications be brought to reality?
You mean how will people see them after you've upgraded to UF? As long as your settings in the game and if need be in your router are ok they just will.
When you select a car, avatar and so on, the game will warn you about sharing the custom item(s) before going on and then it'll just do it. I've seen that some things don't take right away when you play online. You might have to either restart the game, or your friends might, or just keep playing and when you switch tracks they will see it. At least that is the way for me.

And the upgrade is totally worth it.
TM name: wolf68k
Display name: Wolf68k (the 8 is actually white ingame, kinda hard to do here)

pimmie152
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 1
Joined: 24 Nov 2010 16:16
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: How can others see my car

Post by pimmie152 » 24 Nov 2010 16:20

How can I install United. If I downloaded it from the site, and packed it out, it's saying that Trackmania United is not at my computer. That's right because that file was Trackmania United.
Can you help my please?

P.S. Sorry for bad english

User avatar
Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 2124
Joined: 05 Sep 2005 17:51
Owned TM-games: ALL
Location: TraxicoLand (Fr)
Contact:

Re: How can others see my car

Post by Slig » 24 Nov 2010 16:22

Is it the full game install ? or the TMU -> TMUF update (which needs TMU to be installed) ?

Post Reply