Skins help!

Find here all the Skins of the Community. For more Skins you can go on Carpark : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

EugSanTa
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Skins help!

Post by EugSanTa » 07 Mar 2009 13:27

Im sure this has been asked Billions of times so i reckon someone should make a Sticky on how to Upload skins to TMUF.

How do i Upload skins to TMUF? ive gone on youtube and all of them are TMN or TMNF. And even tho i folllow it, I cant seem to get Skins to work. Can anyone help me upload please?

burritoboj
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMU, TMUF :)

Re: Skins help!

Post by burritoboj » 07 Mar 2009 16:44

EugSanTa wrote:Im sure this has been asked Billions of times
Nah.. Trillions! :D

Put the car-skins in My Documents/ TrackMania/ Skins/ Vehicles/ CarsCommon.
If the CarsCommon-folder isn't there, create it.

Restart the game et voilá.

ps. do nót unpack the zipfiles..
Last edited by burritoboj on 07 Mar 2009 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
- BuRRiTo -

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Gording » 07 Mar 2009 16:47

EugSanTa wrote:Im sure this has been asked Billions of times so i reckon someone should make a Sticky on how to Upload skins to TMUF.

How do i Upload skins to TMUF? ive gone on youtube and all of them are TMN or TMNF. And even tho i folllow it, I cant seem to get Skins to work. Can anyone help me upload please?
Sounds a bit confused, and you're really not giving out enough detail on what you've tried and didn't work anyway! :roflol:

...and Youtube is really no place to get help.

There are thousands of threads posted here (there's a little search slot in the upper right corner of this forum to help you find any of these) with basic details on how to open/bind/port forward/IP allocate (all different terms for basically the same function of 10,000 different routers/modems) both ports 2350 and 3450 of your router to your PC's own IP number. Then you've got to configure your own firewall option too, to at least allow the game to send and receive custom content. If you do not know how to do this with you own modem/router, and AV/firewall software, you're not going to have much success.

Look under your router/modem for it's manufacturer's label and go search the interweeble for help on how to configure it's port options/software. Be very careful, and don' t just click things on and off with this, as you can effectively disable your internet access. So make a note of options you change, so you can restore them to working if you make a mess of it. Likewise you'll have to do this for you own security software.

You can't blame a game for being unable to send out custom content you use, when your hardware and security options are all locked down tighter than a drum! You have to manually crack the door open a little bit before ANY game's custom content (TMU Forever players only, in this case) will show to other online players.

Once you've done that, TM United (Forever) custom 3D vehicles and painted 2D skins can be seen by all other players. However, TM Nations Forever does not send out custom content. TMNF players can use and see custom cars and paint themselves of course (as seen in any Youtube video) but it will NEVER be seen by any other players! See...Youtube = mostly terrible place to get factual help.

Good luck
Last edited by Gording on 07 Mar 2009 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

burritoboj
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMU, TMUF :)

Post by burritoboj » 07 Mar 2009 16:50

Yeah, or thát. :|
- BuRRiTo -

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF