Am I going Mad ?

Find here all the Skins of the Community. For more Skins you can go on Carpark : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

AceUK
highway camper
highway camper

Am I going Mad ?

Post by AceUK » 31 May 2006 07:53

The other day I was playing TMN, I came out of the game and decided to try and paint my car, while trying to paint it I could see the normal icons, Paint Car, Apply Stickers, Paint with Brushes etc, and I saw one called "Paint Sub Part" or something like that, this option let you paint individual items on the car, like Helmet, Helmet glass, mud guards etc, although I couldn't get it to work and thats another story, but now I can't find that option anywhere, I restarted the program, put my original TMS disc in and tried it there, but I just can't find this option anywhere, now was I seeing things or am I going mad !!

Namtribe
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Namtribe » 31 May 2006 10:51

Hehe... Your not going mad... its har to find i know... :P I think its on the brushes mode and then somthin else :P

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 11 Nov 2006 21:19

Actually, I've never seen that though I've heard of it and it's ANNOYING because I can't p[aint my car because of the issue.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

Markus
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMU
Manialink(s): XTZone (not finished)

Re: Am I going Mad ?

Post by Markus » 11 Nov 2006 21:23

AceUK wrote:The other day I was playing TMN, I came out of the game and decided to try and paint my car, while trying to paint it I could see the normal icons, Paint Car, Apply Stickers, Paint with Brushes etc, and I saw one called "Paint Sub Part" or something like that, this option let you paint individual items on the car, like Helmet, Helmet glass, mud guards etc, although I couldn't get it to work and thats another story, but now I can't find that option anywhere, I restarted the program, put my original TMS disc in and tried it there, but I just can't find this option anywhere, now was I seeing things or am I going mad !!
what you`re looking for is directly over stickers, or on left side of "on both sides" and for my own i dont think its hard to find, but ok...i make much skins maybe that`s why (latest Skin ORA`s skin)

WWNSX
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by WWNSX » 13 Nov 2006 18:38

I'm not sure if you're asking how to Get to the Sub Part in the painter for TMN or asking if there is a Sub Part in the Painter for TMS. As far as TMS goes there is no Sub Part Selector for the Island, Coast, and Bay car in TMS.

To get to the Sub Part Painter in TMN Select Stickers which is the Icon which is a Smiley face with a arrow pointing down at the car after selecting that you see a icon appear right over it that has a spray can pointing directly at the car that's the sub part Icon select that and you'll see in the bottom row area where the stickers where that there is now different parts of the car highlighted in red. Select one of those stickers/part for the part you want to paint and paint it.

I would recommend doing skins in Photoshop or Paintshop pro or some similar program that's free but since there's no decent Photoshop PSD file with Layers file for TMN it's hard to do skins because it looks nicer when done in those programs.

-WWNSX