The details on my cars stopped rendering

Find here all the Skins of the Community. For more Skins you can go on Carpark : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Imosa
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

The details on my cars stopped rendering

Post by Imosa » 22 Mar 2014 17:44

I'm trying to get into making car skins and have run into a baffling issue. I was doing the final test on my first skin and when I went into the video editor to take screenshots, this happened:
Original Model. Note: I think this image was taken at minimum graphics settings.
Suddenly, the driver, frame of the windshield, and exhaust pipes of the car are gone, so those would be in the details texture. The wheels, and bar things behind the drivers seat are not gone though which makes me think this is an issue with the model or the game itself. After redownloading the original model, and testing with it and other cars my diagnosis shifted to the latter.
My computer crashes a lot when playing the game so I'm not entirely surprised but that doesn't change the fact that this game worked fine until I updated the texture of the car for the millionth time. At this point I have reinstalled the program and I have posted on both carpark and reddit.com/r/trackmania about this issue. It still persists and I still have no idea what's going on.
Next I intend to completely remove the game along with everything in the My Documents folder. If that doesn't work, I intend to try using a different computer.

I have put about 4 months of off and on work into this skin and I have already begun working on a second and third while this issue is pending. I don't intend to waste any of it so any assistance would be appreciated.