cant save my car

Find here all the Vehicles of the Community. For more vehicles you can go on Trackmania Carpark: http://www.trackmania-carpark.com

Moderator: TM-Patrol

hudat
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

cant save my car

Post by hudat » 16 Aug 2021 08:52

hi there, i hope i can get some help here.

first i try´d TMN, it was fun. i even edited and painted my car.
then i bought TMU, because ... it is fun.

but if i now try to change the looks of my car, after i spend 20 min to create something showable, i hit the save button,
and the message i get is: changes are saved !!!
but after i go back to the game.... my car still has the old paint on. i dont get ask if i take responsibiltiy for my skin, nothing.
i also noticed that the icons are barely recognizable. they look really. really bad.
regardless wich game i choose. i can edit my car, but i cant save it.

85filip58
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMO,TM2,TMTurbo
Manialink(s): No.

Re: cant save my car

Post by 85filip58 » 16 Aug 2021 20:13

Hi,
If I hover over the cassette icon in TMUF game in garage I see on the bottom of game what the button is for. Usually my vehicles are saved directly in the folder C:\Users\<account>\Documents\TrackMania\Skins\Vehicles\StadiumCar so you probably might have a look if is your vehicle here?

hudat
highway camper
highway camper

Post by hudat » 17 Aug 2021 04:16

you talk about tooltips, i am aware of them. but that is no excuse for the icons.
these washed out clouds of something can only be connected to a function with the help of thesetooltips. imagination is not enough.
and yes, of course i checked the folder. i had a zip file in there. that was my car. i deleted it.
now i'm torturing myself again through this saving nightmare. now i've changed a car that's not possible to change because the file is write-protected.
the car was changed anyway. and now i can´t reverse that because, you gessed it, the file is still write-protected... :roflol:
no zip file this time. this game has real surprises in store. :thumbsup:

85filip58
road tourist
road tourist

Post by 85filip58 » 17 Aug 2021 06:50

Where did you download your vehicle from? Maybe a screenshot would help us understand.

hudat
highway camper
highway camper

Post by hudat » 18 Aug 2021 07:03

i didnt download a vehicle.
i start the game, i go to the editor and choose "paint car". then i pick one, in this case a stadium car, and click paint.
thats it. i change the car as i like and after that i pick "save as", rename it and done. that should work, dont you think?
i´m old but i´m not stupid ;)

the same problem with the tracks i build. i want to upload them but i need to put my track in a slot.
and the description of the slots says i can either create or load a challange. but when i open a slot i can only create a new track,
i can't load mine into it.´there is no "load" opition at all for my track which btw, is a challenge.
and there is not much to read about, not even yt is helping here.
this is maybe purely stupidity because i´m old :)

85filip58
road tourist
road tourist

Post by 85filip58 » 18 Aug 2021 15:21

I don't understand involvement of your age into this. No one blamed you that because of your age you should be stupid..

Yes I purely agree that it should work that way how it has been described by you while saving your paint work in the garage. Check these topics, I guess you find something useful in them: viewtopic.php?t=28212 , viewtopic.php?t=27458 , viewtopic.php?t=22372 any plenty more.

In regards to Slots you maybe will find your answer in this topic viewtopic.php?t=11436 and this viewtopic.php?p=166760#p166760. You probably misunderstood the "load a challenge" meaning of this useless feature.

hudat
highway camper
highway camper

Post by hudat » 19 Aug 2021 14:30

thx for your help.
i already read some of those topics, but not all.
i think if others have managed that, i'll get this sausage baked, too.