Tutorials?

Find here all the Vehicles of the Community. For more vehicles you can go on Trackmania Carpark: http://www.trackmania-carpark.com

Moderator: TM-Patrol

onejive
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): NA

Tutorials?

Post by onejive » 25 Jun 2008 13:49

I work with some 3D and 2D graphic programs and I was wondering if there are tutorials on creating cars for TMN? Aswell as skins...? Any recomendations?

Tks in advance. :)
AKA Revnant

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Tutorials?

Post by Gording » 29 Jun 2008 13:08

onejive wrote:I work with some 3D and 2D graphic programs and I was wondering if there are tutorials on creating cars for TMN? Aswell as skins...? Any recomendations?

Tks in advance. :)
Simple : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/tutorial.php

Creating vehicles, is the same as any 3D model. You shove in a few rectangles, a few spheres, some angled planes and surfaces here and there, and twist them about. Eventually you'll have a simple, or complex shape. Depending on how good you are this shape either looks like a vehicle, or it looks like a some rectangles and torus's etc. But Anyone with some 3D skill knows complex 3D meshes can be reconstructed from a bunch of much simpler shapes.

As far as skinning them, you need to put a lot of work laying out the 3D vehicle's UV positions, so that the 2D skin is laid out evenly (without overlaps on the body) on all the surfaces, and parts. If you're trying to get as much detail into a 2D skin texture as possible, do all the close work in as large an image as you and your chosen application can handle, so you can see what you're doing. Then when you're finished, save as a smaller res such as 1024 square (but keep the large res original, in case you like/need to edit it later) etc.

Good luck.

onejive
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): NA

Re: Tutorials?

Post by onejive » 01 Jul 2008 15:36

Tks for the tips. :)
AKA Revnant