cant change my car -_-

Find here all the Vehicles of the Community. For more vehicles you can go on Trackmania Carpark: http://www.trackmania-carpark.com

Moderator: TM-Patrol

glen1987
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMF

cant change my car -_-

Post by glen1987 » 02 Mar 2009 21:52

im new to the game and i use TMU, and ive tryed selecting one of the cars that we can use that isnt a stadium car and it doesnt change lol, it always stays, ive tryed a downloaded one aswell and its the same. plz can sum1 help me with my noob question ty in advance xD

Wolf68k
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMUF, TMNF

Re: cant change my car -_-

Post by Wolf68k » 02 Mar 2009 21:56

more details would help
where in the game are you trying to select the car to drive?
where did you download it from and install it to?
where are you trying to view your car while in game?
what car do you get instead of the one you're trying to select?
TM name: wolf68k
Display name: Wolf68k (the 8 is actually white ingame, kinda hard to do here)

glen1987
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMF

Post by glen1987 » 02 Mar 2009 22:16

lol i duno how i can be more specific, i go to my profile then vehicles, and for example i click sports car and choose one then i go bk into game and ive still got my stadium car with my countrys flag on, thats with the cars every1 gets with TMU and ive tryed a downloaded one from carparks, and still the same once ive selected it and go in game(online) it doesnt show.

Wolf68k
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Wolf68k » 03 Mar 2009 00:34

what about when you play a solo track?
TM name: wolf68k
Display name: Wolf68k (the 8 is actually white ingame, kinda hard to do here)

corto-72
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by corto-72 » 03 Mar 2009 08:10

May be you already know this, I haven't got a clue as to your own knowledge - so if you do, don't shoot me :)

When you select a vehicle, beware that if you don't specify to use it for all environments, then the selection is only valid for the given environment... so if you play stadium, the car selection at the bottom is the only set available in the stadium environment... If you were to select a bay car, it won't show in stadium.

Hope this helps

Archdeluxe
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM United Forever

Post by Archdeluxe » 18 Jun 2009 02:37

Ok dofus heres your problem I saw it when i read it from you, you can not drive the "sports" car in the stadium mode, you can only drive a "Stadium" car in stadium mode.

HOWEVER, there is a way around this, go to Trackmania-carpark.com, and look up a car skin for the Island car, and place it in this folder: C://~/My Documents/TackMania/Skins/Vehicles/CarCommon/

this will allow you to drive what ever car you want in any mode you want, if you want to alwasy drive the same car, then make sure that you selet the "Use this modle for all car" option at the bottom of the screen when secelting your car.

Happy motoring.