Custom 3d model inport for Trackmania Untied

Find here all the Vehicles of the Community. For more vehicles you can go on Trackmania Carpark: http://www.trackmania-carpark.com

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Wolv34ine
cyclist
cyclist

Custom 3d model inport for Trackmania Untied

Post by Wolv34ine » 26 Mar 2007 13:11

Hello all.

I sure hope someone here can help me, I have been everywhere.

I have a model that I have made, im texturing it now. I have used a 3ds format model of the sports car for Trackmania Sunrise for scale, im hoping this is right. I can see that the components of the car are named WhellLR etc, does this format work for TMU?

It seems strange that Nadeo would pack support for custom models into the launcher and not have any tuts on using them on the disk or in the manual. There doesnt appear to be any official stuff on it at all. Please please please can anyone give me any pointers, credits would be given.

Heres hoping!

Bin
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: All
Manialink(s): "vogzone" and "nosteam"

Post by Bin » 26 Mar 2007 13:14

Yes it's still working, but now the parts names are different. Read the TMN tutorial to know more. :wink:
Visit manialink : vogzone
http://www.vogzone.com 2nd season started.

Wolv34ine
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Wolv34ine » 26 Mar 2007 16:32

Thanks very much for the response:)

I am to assume that the TMN ( Nations) custom car related information applies to TMU ( United)?

Once again, thanks so much!

Wolv34ine
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Wolv34ine » 26 Mar 2007 17:35

Now that I am home to check the link I can see that it is in french.....im afraid I dont read/speak it.

I can get some iffo from it like the part names etc, but not all. Is there an english version? I cant belive Nadeo havent done an English one, I mean its par for the course to release all docs in all languages for each country distributed in.....

Bin
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Bin » 26 Mar 2007 19:07

Sorry, there is no english version, because it's not a nadeo tutorial, it was made by a community member. But for a very "little bit" of help, you can use Google Translate.

The parts name you need
sBody = Skin
dBody = Details
gBody = Glass
dXXWheel = Tire (where XX is RR, RL, FR, FL,)
sXXWheel = Rim
dXXGuard = Brakes

For your Lights can you keep, the old method, cause my english is too bad to translate all for the moment.
Keep waiting, now that TMU is international, maybe an english version will coming soon.

Wolv34ine
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Wolv34ine » 26 Mar 2007 22:35

I really appreciate the help mate:) Lets hope there is an english one. I might see if one of my french mates can tranlate. I dont fancy using babelfish as I would probably end up with a recipe for beef strogonov!

Please though if you see anything useful , please post a link, as I am sure im not the only one who wants to know this. Most just arent as persistent as me;)

Wolv34ine
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Wolv34ine » 27 Mar 2007 18:49

Hey Bin, how do I specify the illumination of the bright pas like lights and such?

Also, does glass have its own texture? Or does it get done in the aplpha channel for the detail texture?

Cheers again, your a lifesaver!:)

Bin
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Bin » 27 Mar 2007 19:45

The glass use the Details.dds.

Color of the details is for the color of your glass.
Alpha is for transparency (White->Transparent, Black->opaque)