Help on Making an Island Mod

Find here all the Mods of the Community. For more mods you can go on TM Mods: http://www.tmmod.info/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Thunderfudge
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Help on Making an Island Mod

Post by Thunderfudge » 23 Aug 2008 13:22

Hi, i'm new at making mods, and im having some trouble. I'm using Easy Mod Creator, and just to test it out, I made converted all the grass to grayscale, to make it obvious if it worked or not. So, I compressed it into a .zip file (i converted a few other things to grayscale too, including the loading screen) and put it in the mod folder. When I opened it in-game, everything was like the normal island environment. Can someone please help? Thanks.
(BTW if i was supposed to post this in the TechSupport topic, sorry, and could someone please move it?) :?

greenRACER
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMS, TMNF

Re: Help on Making an Island Mod

Post by greenRACER » 23 Aug 2008 18:35

your zipfile must included a image-folder. and in the image-folder are your modified dds-files.

Thunderfudge
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Thunderfudge » 23 Aug 2008 20:01

My .zip file has an image folder with all the .dds files in it. already, but it still doesn't seem to work... :(

greenRACER
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMS, TMNF

Post by greenRACER » 23 Aug 2008 20:10

i think the best way is, you upload it elsewhere.
and we can download your mod and see whats wrong.

Thunderfudge
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Thunderfudge » 24 Aug 2008 01:15

I think I found something - i opened a few of the .dds files and they all have either a big light grey box, then the modded piece several times below it. Is that supposed to be there?
e.g. Image

EDIT
oops, sorry, youll have to either download it or save it as a temp file (drag 'image' to the address box). Btw you mods are awesome 8) :mrgreen:

EDIT2
Ok, I got the gray box and repeated image fixed, but, even though I converted it to grayscale, it's still exactly the same as the normal island environment.

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 25 Aug 2008 00:49

It looks to me like Easy Mod Creator isn't very good at converting the dds files correctly.

I've never used it before so I can't work out why it's doing that for you, because I use Photoshop and nVidia's dds plugin for that and never had problems with it.

You'll have to link your edited (corrected) image for one of us to be able to see if you fixed it and/or why it isn't modifying the game for you.

edit

Grayscaled the default texture myself, put it in a mod, loaded it, it worked. so I'm confused.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

Thunderfudge
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Thunderfudge » 26 Aug 2008 08:33

Ahh... I got it working now. I think it was EMC's fault. I tried just using photoshop and the NVIDA plug-in and it seemed to work. Thanks all
:gobananas:

Speeder07
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMS TMNF TMN TMUF

Post by Speeder07 » 21 Sep 2008 15:09

HI THERE people! I was wondering how to create your own mods? im great at track building and have downloaded mods for tracks but i wanna try and make my own please help me someone :roll: please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE if you know how to help me :mrgreen: :pil :3 :1