Yes, I put my mods in the right place...but still no go :(

Find here all the Mods of the Community. For more mods you can go on TM Mods: http://www.tmmod.info/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

RockyRan
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Yes, I put my mods in the right place...but still no go :(

Post by RockyRan » 26 Sep 2008 21:11

OK, so I've been trying to get mods to work and I still can't get them to show up in my game. I'm using TrackMania Nations Forever and I put them in the following folder:

C:\Users\[User]\Documents\TrackMania\Skins\Stadium\Mod

I made the Stadium and Mod folders as I was told. Yes, they're Stadium mods and yes, they only have an "image" folder inside the zip and no, I didn't extract the zip. I also tried putting it in

C:\Program Files\TmNationsForever\GameData\Skins\Stadium\Mod

And no go for that either. When I make a new track is see the typical "Sunrise", "Day", "Sunset", "Night" options, but I don't see any place for where the mods should be. And when I load tracks to edit I don't see them there either (yes, I press ctrl+click as well).

Anyone know what's wrong? I know tons of people ask questions about how to use mods but I've tried absolutely everything I've been reading and I still have no mods in my game! :ftw:

MuLoO
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMU-F
Manialink(s): muloo

Re: Yes, I put my mods in the right place...but still no go :(

Post by MuLoO » 27 Sep 2008 11:09

the first link to put in your mods is right as far if trackmania created the folder in there (be sure you have a zip and not a rar file)
When you make a new map did you use the "advance" button where it will fisrt ask you witch mod to use and then the mood?
Click the image to join The Power System server
Imagecolor>
Sponsored by Playfaster.net

Xfire: muloo
Burn rubber, not your soul !

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 29 Sep 2008 11:18

It asks for the mood first, then the mod.

Also you need to hold ctrl when you click (and then select) a map for it to attempt to check for mods to load it in.

You should also check what the hierarchy of the zip file is.

It should be this:

ZippedMod1.zip
- - - LoadScree.dds
- - - Grass1.dds
- - - StadiumRoadD.dds
- - - etc.

If it's not set like that, then that's the cause. Also yes, as Muloo said, it MUST be a zip file - it also mustn't be corrupted. See if you can load the zip in Explorer.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

Dreamcube018
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by Dreamcube018 » 09 Oct 2008 00:37

I have united Forever and mods dont'w work either. I'm looking for more enviro mods though so I only have one to test on.

SN.Wolf
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: all of them

Post by SN.Wolf » 13 Oct 2008 03:35

Same problem here,hold Ctrl when selecting track and all i get is moods (time of day/night).

I have built many mods and reskinned cars ect...but can't figure out why you can't load mods on tmnuf and tmnf the same as i did on tmn.

I can load a new empty track in tmn with mod, save ,then move the gbx to my tmnf C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\TrackMania\Skins\Stadium\Mods folder and bam....nothing.

Is there a file that needs altered somewhere to read these or are the mod configurations different from tmn to tmnf as tmn ony had day and never gave the choice of moods??

I'm open on ideas on where to start looking.

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 13 Oct 2008 10:08

Hold the ctrl key down before you select a track and keep it held down until it asks you to change the mood.

It's a strange thing, but so long as you have the ctrl key pressed when you click and then load the track, it should ask you for the mod.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

SN.Wolf
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: all of them

Post by SN.Wolf » 13 Oct 2008 20:04

Still a no go in tmnf but i did however get it to work on tmuf by puting mods in the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\(compname)\My Documents\TrackMania United\Skins\Environment\Mod

Now i can load mods on tmnf and tmuf so the tmnf game must asociate the files with tmuf folder rather than the tmnf folder.

I don't know why but i8 reinstalled the tmuf just to test it and it did work, so know i can load up the mods on tmnf.

If you don't know have tmuf i am sorry but that was where my road ended on the mod problem.

I will browse around and will post any resolutions i may find.

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 22 Dec 2008 11:40

Is this procedure the same, even for Steam users?

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 19 Jul 2009 02:50

Hi. I own the Steam version of TMUF. I installed one track mod for Stadium. I hold down the Ctrl key right before I select the track but nothing happens. The track proceeds to load but doesn't even ask me for the mood/time of day. Can anyone please help me?

isamu
road tourist
road tourist

Post by isamu » 19 Jul 2009 21:19

OH MY GOD! Guys I found the PERFECT tool that will allow me to swap environment skin mods with the default environment skin!!!!! It's called EasyTM Forever! It allows you to do all kinds of neat things but mainly for me personally, I was happy to discover that it will allow me to replace the DEFAULT Nadeo track/environment skins with any mod with the simple press of a button! And it will allow you swap back to the default skin just as quickly!

Aaaaaand that's not all.....the mod shows up when racing ONLINE tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just went into a server and sure enough, the Stadium modded skin kicked in and I was racing on the track surface!

I'm shocked none of you guys know about this tool! It's freakin AWESOME :D :D :D