OMG Mac made a mod

Find here all the Mods of the Community. For more mods you can go on TM Mods: http://www.tmmod.info/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

OMG Mac made a mod

Post by Mac Matrix » 13 Dec 2006 17:49

Yes, I've actually made a mod. o.o;

Idea of this one came from that I saw a request for a 'wireframe' mod, and couldn't see or even FIND one, so I decided to give a shot at making it myself.

Strangely, it's not that bad a mod. I'm a noob to this and have only just read Acegikmo's tut. on modding, and have done virtually every part of the mod based entirely on trial and error.

Here are some screenshots. I'm still working out a few small details, mainly to do with the buildings not looking right. If anyone can tell me the dds files that relate to the texture of the buildings' interiors and exteriors I'd appreciate that, because I've forgotten.

anyway - some shots. (note - these have come out somewhat dark on this library PC, so if you can't see them properly I apologise.)

oh yeah... This is a TMN Stadium Mod, so I dunno if it'll work on TMU's Stadium properly

They aren't the best of shots, but the mod IS operational and it does look and play better than these shots let on. I'll try to get some better shots tonight, but if anyone's really interested in this I'll post this up on the TM-mod site for download instead, as well as some of the tracks.

Else I can easily email you it; it's only a 3MB zip file.

If anyone likes this, then look out for my next posting, I'm making another mod which is about 20% done, but should get sped up with the mod tut so that should get done in a few days.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

Xp
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Xp » 13 Dec 2006 19:25

looks intresting. I like it
Back with a barrel roll :island2

otmb;ripbox
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by otmb;ripbox » 15 Dec 2006 00:00

wow that looks really cool :D however if you set the black to transparent it would be even better
easier said than done but I'm sure you could do it :D
* Core 2 Quad Q6600
* Abit IN9 32 MAX Motherboard
* 8 GB OCZ 4GB PC2-6400 nVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition (4X2GB)
* AMP! GeForce GTX 260² 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 x 1
* 150GB Raptor HDD
* 500GB Caviar HDD
* Vista Ultimate x64
* Thermaltake W0133RB 1200W PSU

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 15 Dec 2006 14:45

otmb;ripbox wrote:wow that looks really cool :D however if you set the black to transparent it would be even better
I've considered that but after trying it, trying to drive around and see where you're meant to go becomes an absolute PAIN. xD

However, I will keep that in mind, I might find some way to get used to that and then re-mod my mod with transparency as soon as I finish my next one (which is almost done now)

come to think of it, the blocks are only skinned single-side so.... o.o; yeah, I think that's my next laptop project.

OH YEAH

I just learned how to get rid of the billboard signs, so I need to get that done and I NEED to get screenshots again tonight. I keep forgetting.
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 18 Dec 2006 15:44

Mac Matrix wrote:
otmb;ripbox wrote:wow that looks really cool :D however if you set the black to transparent it would be even better
I've considered that but after trying it, trying to drive around and see where you're meant to go becomes an absolute PAIN. xD

However, I will keep that in mind, I might find some way to get used to that and then re-mod my mod with transparency as soon as I finish my next one (which is almost done now)

come to think of it, the blocks are only skinned single-side so.... o.o; yeah, I think that's my next laptop project.

OH YEAH

I just learned how to get rid of the billboard signs, so I need to get that done and I NEED to get screenshots again tonight. I keep forgetting.
Okay, I know I've failed on keeping that promise.

However.

After managing to snatch a comp at my uncle's house (the one that I go on about that can run full graphics with 100fps) I've finally done two things.

One - my wireframe mod is complete. I WILL grab screenshots on my 10fps machine at home later, lol.

Two - my second mod is also finished, and I will get screenshots for that.

If someone can please, please, give me the link to a free uploads site that will let me upload a 40meg ZIP file, and not delete it after a month of it being there, I will even do something as insane as put your name in the mod on a piece of texture in thanks.

Screenshots tonight, hopefully I may be able to upload the shots to Photobucket as well tonight, else tomorrow you can see the sort of stuff I've managed to come up with. =)
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

Herrick
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TM-forum warrior.

Post by Herrick » 18 Dec 2006 17:59

Your file link. 50Mb limit and supports direct linking for locator files.
The Demons man, the Demons!

Don't like my posts? Feel free to not send me multiple PMs.

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 19 Dec 2006 14:42

Herrick wrote:Your file link. 50Mb limit and supports direct linking for locator files.
Yay, I wanted to test locator files. =)

How long do the files stay there?

edit

Yes, those screenshots of my new mod will be posted shortly. I'm at the library and this PC doesn't support USB for some reason (network policies) so I need to go get one that does in a short while.

Also I spent all last night correcting an issue my Wireframe mod had suddenly picked up regarding the StadiumGrass1.dds file in PC2 so I didn't get enough time to screenshot it again but I did screenshot my canyon mod.

Herrick, I'll try to put your name in the Wireframe mod somewhere for you. =)
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

Herrick
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Herrick » 19 Dec 2006 15:05

I think the files stay there permanently I dunno never had a problem with them being deleted anyways. Also the mod will work in TMU stadium but the new blocks will stay default colors this could produce an interesting effect if you used only new blocks. If you were desperate to have it work in TMU then I can send you the DDS files from the beta. You'd need someone to test it though so probably not practical.

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 19 Dec 2006 16:00

The mod is for TMN primarily. I know a lot of people still play it (I found a server with 100 people in a few days ago).

Unfortunately, since I don't have TMU I don't want to go ahead to edit the DDS files for that. I would need to do a lot of testing myself in order to see where to edit and how. My first mod was done purely in trial and error (as in I just saw what effected where and stuff)

I plan on getting TMU when it is released here, so I'll remake the mod for it then. Hopefully there shouldn't be too much of a problem, and the mod isn't write protected so if anyone downloads it and wants to edit in the files from TMU to work with the mod, they're free to do that (so long as they don't delete anything else.)

anyway. This is the only shot I got of the wireframe mod last night.

___

and these are shots of my newest mod. If you're a good looker you'll notice I shotted the same map. lol

(showing off the start dirt/rock)

(checkpoint)

(Boosters)

(hills and stuff. It's supposed to show off how I 'smashed' the glass on the control building, but it didn't show that too well.)

(Look at my sky!!!)

(The ground, also the control buildings again)

(took that one just to try and show off the rocks on the ground)

(The 'grass' is a little... well... intense in colour, let's put it that way. Not intentional but it's definitely better than my beta mod which was bright red. also shows off my logo (It's just a mirror of the TM logo.))

(shot taken from the Editor.)

I had taken a shot of the outer rim of the stadium (such as the garages and stuff) because I think the effect I pulled there was aweome, but I've managed to lose it somehow, shich bites.
____

Also major apologies about the shots. They're small, mainly because my computer is a bit pants in PC3. However, if you have any questions on this mod ask them. I'll answer.

It's also called 'Canyon Mod' and should get uploaded tonight. Hopefully I will devise locators, and am going to test them as well so I'll add those to the ZIP.
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 19 Dec 2006 20:39

Okay, this post will be slow because my ping is bad, owing to uploading.

Link to Wireframe Mod
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=241358

Simply copy the ZIP into the Skins/Stadium/mod folder. it'll show up in Track Editor. (Read the ReadMe before you use it. VERY IMPORTANT INFO IS THERE, and I'm serious.l If you don't listen to me you'll get it all screwed up.

Link to Canyon Mod

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=241378
____

One question, and this is about locators, so if anyone can answer this I will appreciate it.

Will YourFileLink.com let the game dl the files automatically? I NEED to know, because I intend to set locators and reupload these two mods with them and I need a place that I can load the mods up onto that the game can then download the mods from through the locators.

If not, can someone pretty please post me a link to a site that does? or.... even better, a favour to anyone that owns an FTP server - can you upload the mods if I give you them for me? I'll do anything! XD
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

Herrick
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Herrick » 19 Dec 2006 22:04

Yeah just use the link that the site gives you to make the locator once your done I can test to see if it works for ya.

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 20 Dec 2006 14:07

well.the reason why I asked about locators is because the links I posted below are what the site gave me.

Should I just copy the link right-clicking the download button? lol. I dunno if it'll work but if you want to try it I'm gonna be testing the mods and stuff 8pm GMT, probably in a GBR server called MacTrax or something.

=/ I hate locators.
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

Herrick
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Herrick » 20 Dec 2006 15:21

Yeah just highlight the links and copy them into notepad and save it with the mod's name with .zip.loc on the end. Should work fine.

I can't test tonight (going out with mates so I probably won't be back till some stupid time in the morning.)

If you provide links to the tracks using the mod then I can test them offline. (the stuff will still download if the locators work)

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 20 Dec 2006 16:11

I'll just experiment with the links tonight. O_o;

I'll find someone else to test, or I can test it myself (delee the mod out the mod folder, will have the same effect)

I don't actually have the tracks up online anywhere yet, I've been meaning to do that but don't have an account on TM-Exchange yet, so... I suppose that will be my library project.

XD

edit

CRAP, I forgot YourFileLink.com doesn't work at the library... so I can't play with the links to get the direct auto-download link or something.
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Mac Matrix » 05 Jan 2007 15:50

Apologies for the doublepost mods

><

This is just a headsup on my status of making stadium mods lol.

First one - I aim on trying to spend some time later this weekend or next week at my uncle's 100 fps PC3 comp (lol) to fix some problems I have with the Canyon mod. Namely the issue with the lighting colour, because if I tint it sunset orange everything fecks up bad. Also going to fix the problem concerning the saturation of the ground, because it is very, VERY bright in PC2 mode on my home PC.

Second one - I am planning on making another mod. This mod (which will be entitled 'mesh mod') is going to be something of a 'beta' to test making tracks using the alpha layer for transparency - in short I'm going to wiremesh the road blocks and see what happens to it. If it works out I will release my wireframe mod transparent, per someone's request.

Third one - if those links above die, PM or email me. I mean it. If there are people that want these mods and stuff, I will keep them posted. Also I SERIOUSLY want feedback on these mods so I can improve and make something really special.
System Specs

4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HDD
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad