TM Sunrise not supporting dedicated graphics cards???

General Discussion about Trackmania Sunrise + Extreme.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Evanite
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMDS, TMBTR

TM Sunrise not supporting dedicated graphics cards???

Post by Evanite » 07 Mar 2019 18:21

Alright, here's the deal. I put Windows 10 and Windows 7 dual boot on both my gaming rig (with a GTX 1080) and my gaming laptop (with a GTX 980m) in order to play games like this one that have DRM protection.

I know for a fact I installed Sunrise correctly as I followed the "TMSunrise working on Windows 7 x64!!!" post to a tee and have a weaker laptop with HD Graphics 620 running the game perfectly.

I'm also aware that this is a fairly common issue with newer graphics cards, but that integrated graphics and older, weaker graphics cards have gotten the game to run perfectly.

My question is, has anyone out there been able to get the game running on a fairly recent, higher level graphics card? If so, how? I really don't wanna have to pull out a whole other computer just to play one game when I have TWO monster PC's that could both play it with G-SYNC and high refresh rates.

mrpenguinb
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO

Re: TM Sunrise not supporting dedicated graphics cards???

Post by mrpenguinb » 08 Apr 2019 08:01

To get the game working on newer GPU's and with systems that have 8 GB of RAM or more, it is recommended to use a DirectX wrapper.
Using a DirectX wrapper will make the game run almost perfectly like it does on older operating systems.

There is more information on the PCGamingWiki article here: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/TrackMani ... n.2Ffreeze