TM Sunrise working on Windows 7 x64!!

General Discussion about Trackmania Sunrise + Extreme.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

JHSko
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMNESWC,TMUF

Re: TM Sunrise working on Windows 7 x64!!

Post by JHSko » 23 Jan 2015 17:41

User wrote:Hi, I just registered too to get some help. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and an i7 processor. On Step 15 (Launch TmSunrise.exe) it says that I need either Windows 95 OSR 2.1, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP or Server 2003 to start the program? Do you have tips?
It seems that the problem is in the Starforce verification. As I write in posts above. The TMO's one player managed to circumvent, thus they modify a few files. TMS Unfortunately, nobody has yet not regulated. So far I have not seen a player who would TMS on win8.1 work. He wants to find someone who would be able to adjust. Nadeo, unfortunately, probably nothing is done, even if remove Starforce control would probably be very simple.

liquidmetalrob
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: ™O ™S ™NF ™UF ™2

Post by liquidmetalrob » 17 Mar 2015 21:18

The first two patch files are offline. Can anyone reupload them please?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 17 Mar 2015 22:22

liquidmetalrob wrote:The first two patch files are offline. Can anyone reupload them please?
Just search (e.g. Google) for the filenames in those URLs, there may be some working download links around.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Spaceman
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Post by Spaceman » 28 Apr 2015 06:54

The title of this thread is irritating, because it's simply not true.

After doing these steps described on page 1, when the game is about to initialize, it hangs with a black screen. Same thing with TMO. There's obviously a problem with NVIDIA Video Cards.

It's a sad thing that Nadeo abandons its history so easily, instead of fixing and rereleasing their old games.

Isn't somebody from the community able to develop decent fixes for TMO and TMS?

petrus147
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tms, tmuf, tm2

Post by petrus147 » 14 Aug 2015 11:58

To anyone with a white or black screen, try using your integrated graphics card. It should work.

Flist_
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS, TM2

Post by Flist_ » 28 Aug 2015 17:02

If anyone has a solution for Windows 8/8.1 please help us :)

robotreto
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMU

Post by robotreto » 18 Oct 2015 11:19

Black screen issue fixed : (NVIDIA GTX 970 x2 SLI)

Seems to be ineed an NVIDIA problem.

On my GTX 970 SLI rig I could fix it like that :

1) Start TmSunriseLaucher, go to Config

2) go to Advanced

3) in the Display Tab, go to Compatibility

4) Use the "AGP Usage" slider and choose 50%

5) Klick OK, again OK, then Save.

Now it should work.

Even with 4k resolution and maxed out settings I still get 180 fps.

MadMatt
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMO, TMN

Post by MadMatt » 13 Nov 2015 06:45

Hey all, being a fellow TMS lover, i decided to register in order to share some knowledge with you, first of all the black screen, i have tested trackmania sunrise on my r9 290 (4GB gigabyte windforce OC), 9800gt (inno3d 1GB green edition) and 7800gtx (256MB xfx), and they all work, this was on 4GB of ram, when i upgraded to 8GB, the black screen appeared, i then upgraded to 12GB, and it disappeared, the game does not like 8GB for some reason, so if you either upgrade to a higher amount of ram, or a lower amount of ram (limiting the amount of ram windows uses via the system config works too, about 3072MB) i am using a test computer now for this purpose (yes im dedicated :P) so if anybody has any ideas for windows 8 give me a shout, or if anybody has the decompiled code for TMS, i could try and remove the limiter for any OS that exceeds windows 7, hope i helped somebody :)

EDIT: this also works for TMN and TMO when they hang, the ram is the issue for me

MadMatt

Flist_
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Flist_ » 13 Nov 2015 18:55

Hi,
Has someone tested this viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35003 ?

Maybe it works for Windows 8

MadMatt
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by MadMatt » 14 Nov 2015 04:49

Flist_ wrote:Hi,
Has someone tested this viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35003 ?

Maybe it works for Windows 8
tried that, didn't work :/ sorry man, somebody needs to replace the starforce protection software embedded in the game, otherwise it is impossible to run the game on windows 8 and 10

MadMatt

EDIT: upon digging deeper into the problem, the reason trackmania original works on 8 and 10, is because the starforce protection driver is of a much later version, so by updating trackmania sunrise in the same way, we too can achieve similar results, either that, or remove the sf utility all together, bypassing it in a way.

Flist_
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Flist_ » 14 Nov 2015 10:30

Ok :(
I made many researchs, sent lot of mails to the supports but there isn't any solution because nadeo wouldn't patch his game.
But I found something interesting
The Starforce pilots have an expire date
Maybe we can change this date

JHSko
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMNESWC,TMUF

Post by JHSko » 14 Nov 2015 16:06

I'm really glad that after a long time of my experiments are interested in this topic too someone other than myself.
I´m talking about Win7/8.1/10.

My results: TMS is working only on Win7 with F0Xn procedure (1st post in this thread), many players tried all procedures, but they failed.(8.1/10).

Flist: I too sent a lot of messages/emails to Alinoa, Hylis, Cerovan ... but nobody answers, only Alinoa answered this: Unfortunately we can't develop patches for TMO, TMS or TMESWC.
We released TMF that works on windows 8 and you can play all Trackmania² for free (TM² Stadium online is illimited and free and other titles free but limited) by downloading the maniaplanet setup
and The issue comes from the Starforce, a protection that our previous publisher wanted us to add on our games.
Actually Nadeo is a small team and we are working on many projects. Even if we decided to release a patch, it wouldn't be a top priority.
Plus we released a free game,TM Nations that works under windows 8.

Chances are they would have done something about it is really small. ....................

But we are here and some new experiments to come ..

P.S.: TMO run on all Win (viewtopic.php?p=194874#p194874)
TMNESWC- If i remember TMNESWC worked on Win7. Not on Win8.1/10.
It is interesting that the oldest game works.

Win10 Pro (TH2) x64, 4GB RAM, Intel core i5 ,2,53GHz, Nvidia Geforce 310M

MadMatt
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by MadMatt » 15 Nov 2015 01:47

Well, given TMO works on windows 8 and 10, somehow we should be able to implement its coding into TMS, by updating the tms.exe file according to the tmo.exe file, doing so needs a decompiler which i have managed to achieve, but it will be at least a month before i come up with a solution myself as there are many lines of code all in pseudo/binary, in the mean time, we need to try other things :/

MadMatt

EDIT: yes, TMO will work on 10, because they have the largest community and therefore are willing to support it until the day it dies either due to quantum computing or windows 11, if microsoft changes its mind about a single operating system for all. We however, must come up with the solution some other way, i will see what i can do in a couple of days after my last exam

MadMatt
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by MadMatt » 15 Nov 2015 01:57

if you have a look at the original files without all the updating, the tmo.exe version is the same as the tms.exe version, so because the community updated it, it is now a later version than the original, so basically, you just copy and paste the changes in the coding, right? well, that is the time consuming part, because amongst the coding, i found "list of supported operating systems" commented out, so that is where i will start first, if i can say "windows 8+ are supported" (in code that is) then i can make the tms.exe the same version and therefore should run :) ill leave you guys to the alternate solutions! keep me updated, you might find something before i do! haha

MadMatt

Flist_
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Flist_ » 15 Nov 2015 10:13

Do you all know that F0xn is a faker, because the original fixed files are from Reloaded team.