WOT2 (World of TrackMania) + Why it ain't workin (yet) :P

General Discussion about Trackmania Sunrise + Extreme.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

WOT2 (World of TrackMania) + Why it ain't workin (yet) :P

Post by BLaHiTiS » 15 Oct 2005 14:52

Some might remember the first WOT movie that I've made in april of last year. Now I'd had the idea to make this kind of movie for sunrise as well but I've been set back a little bit.

It might be weird that I post it here like that but It's (I hope) a way to both make myself aware of my own limitations and both convince you and me of the fact that I can pull this project off, allthough it might take a lot longer for me to do it if I do it alone. You see, World of Trackmania 2 has to become a masterpiece, not only do I want the image shooting to be nice and filmish, (and that takes alot of work in doing mediatracking for each track that I'm going to include). I also want custom props, music and sound effects to be there on the spot. Basicly I want to tell a story. It's a very simple one but none the less there are elements in there that I want to be visualised or present in an audible form so the immersion factor of the movie becomes great. I want syncronized music, talking girls, streamlined translocational effects and tracks that are built in such a way that they can represent the continuation of the story without that you really have the need to critisize that theres suddenly another environment.. so these transitions have to go smoothly

I want to compose both classical and modern music + sound effects for this project, all tailored to the story.

Now, All these great videos that have been appearing the last few months have kind of pushed me back to the "drawing bord" in regards of this movie because when I would have released it, it would be way too simplistic.)

For me, working with video is a massive undertaking, I know what I want but it's very hard for me to quickly find all features in a software I don't know and stuff, although I have it all in my head:). So that's why It's all going to take some more time and delayed indefinitely (untill it's done or untill I feel i can have some time to truely work on the props, music, specially built tracks, mediatracking, shooting, cutting etc)...

B

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

Moffia

Post by Moffia » 16 Oct 2005 11:27

Okay, but can u place make a shorter version, i don't really understand ;)

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 16 Oct 2005 12:27

I'm planning to make a trailer yes.. the thing is, I don't have all these wonderful things like vegas, (well, vd is for free, but thats just to stick images together). I'm gonna need more than 30 days to put this together.. and I don't want to crack things.. if I do it with movie maker, it will be too simplistic and alot of pre production has to pass trough first in that case, just a bit too much for one man lol.... and I don't have the patience for it but still want it t be perfect. lol, I'm whining :P but well, it 'll come when it comes...

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]