How to download track block mods

Discuss anticipation, facts and video's of the newly announced Trackmania 2 game!

Moderators: Alinoa, TM-Patrol

Shawsome
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Nations Forever

How to download track block mods

Post by Shawsome » 03 Dec 2019 17:22

Hello. I was recently looking at the Maniaplanet website trying to find some car mods and I noticed that there were mods for different track pieces(blocks). I was wondering if anyone knew what folder to put the mods in, as I can't find the answer anywhere.
Thanks
Shawsome

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: How to download track block mods

Post by Alinoa » 05 Dec 2019 09:57

Hello,
You have to install the mod in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Maniaplanet\Skins\THE NAME OF THE ENVIRONMENT (Canyon, Lagoon, Stadium or Valley)\Mod\
If you want to get further information about Trackmania 2 titles, I invite you to join the maniaplanet forums: https://forum.maniaplanet.com/.
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

Shawsome
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Shawsome » 06 Dec 2019 18:10

Thank you, but when I go to Skins, what shows up are the folders Avatars, Crosshairs, and Horns. There are no environments. What do I do now?
(also I have tmnf not tmu so I only have default/stadium)

Shawsome
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Shawsome » 06 Dec 2019 18:21

Also when I go to documents/trackmania/skins/stadium/mod, it shows up when I go to choose where to build my map (default, Frozenmod, Rallystadium,etc.)

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Post by Alinoa » 09 Dec 2019 10:48

Hi Shawsome,

You have to create the folder for maniaplanet.

Cheers :)
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin