FLORENT? WILL YOU...

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Florent
Developer
Developer

Re: FLORENT? WILL YOU...

Post by Florent » 14 Apr 2008 15:16

in Forever, we made some development on using a KEY to retrieve your password if it is lost

if you write down on paper your key when you create your TMN account, this key will be used for automatic support operation. Because we did not wanted to ask email in first TMN, we are unable to send a new password by mail. It was done not to bother players. Now, you can enter email and get a key. This should make a better protection for stolen account.

I hope you understand how this is our best answer. If we spend our time on a support that we don't have to do, we would not develop this kind of solution. We can not do both, we are already working our maximum

your apologize would be for wanting me to suffer pain in order to understand you and for accusing us to turn our back to players in general. Now I put this in the thing you said wrong without knowing, but I would still be glad if you can come back on this

thanks
Florent

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 14 Apr 2008 15:24

expressman wrote:Just kill the Nations Masterserver as soon as Trackmania Forever runs smooth.
It will solve all problems.

:tmforever: :lovenadeo:

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 14 Apr 2008 15:36

daniels*** wrote:My opinion : You are payed for your work , and not just you work , you fought in TMN are workers too not just kids.
LOL! :lol:
Are you serious with that post?
The fact that you earn money by doing a job doesn't mean you have to put up with everything, that you have to confirm to every single petty wish of every single client/customer.
Try imagining this situation from the perspective of someone at Nadeo, because I don't think you have yet.
It's very obvious that Nadeo mean well, that they understand your situation, and that they try to do the best for everybody, but in the end they're only human.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

Hubby
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU-F

Post by Hubby » 14 Apr 2008 15:43

Pesky wrote:I personally cant wait for it and i cannot thank Florent and Nadeo enough for their hard work on a FREE Game
I think Florent and the rest of the Nadeo Team deserve a statue !! for their unbelievable hard work they have done FOR US!! :gobananas:
Have you ever witnessed another game developer who stands so close to it's players (the community) ?? NO !
For this alone they should be applauded a thousand times !
I mean they LISTEN to what WE have to say about the game , and they will resolve it as best as they can (and see it).
We wouldn't have this polished Forever Update if it wasn't for this great community who did everything possible to get rid of all the major bugs !
And of course the countless of hours Florent and his team did these days ( have you ever slept this last week ? :P)
I bet you guys must have had LOTS of coffee ( or red bull maybe ? ) to get through the days ! :1
You see Florent , we also have a big dedication towards you and the whole Nadeo Team, that's why this works so good on both levels i think.
Surely you always will have people who are not happy with the way things are going in the game, but i'm sure it's a minority.
BE proud of your achievements ... Trackmania is here to stay FOREVER !! :lovetm
If i could i would pay a visit to the Nadeo Studios and praise all of you :1 :pil (that should be cool now i think of it, some of this forum going to the nadeo studios .. Big party (with hot seat races - Nadeo vs Tm-Forum)!! )
* MB: ASRock 775Dual-880Pro
* CPU: Intel Celeron D 2.80GHz
* RAM: 2560 MB DDR II
* GFX: Asus EN7600GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-E - Forceware 178.24
* DirectX: 9.0c (November 2008)
* SND: Soundblaster Audigy

Sabian
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: all

Post by Sabian » 14 Apr 2008 16:07

expressman wrote:Just kill the Nations Masterserver as soon as Trackmania Forever runs smooth.
It will solve all problems.

:tmforever: :lovenadeo:
completely agree.

CPU: Intel C2D E6750 2,66 GHz, MB: Asus P5KR, RAM: 2046 MB Kingston 800 DDR2, GPU: Leadtek Nvidia 8800GT 512MB ForceWare 174.74 , HDD: 75GB WD Raptor, 320 GB Seagate, OS: Win XP SP3, ADSL 6144/384

proezler
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TM

Post by proezler » 14 Apr 2008 17:19

I would never disagree with florent in any way. I respect the work he does/did/and will do in the future. I know how it feels to work 12 hours a day, although my work is situated outside where the weather is the biggest "Hacker problem" :lol: .

Anyway I want to congretisize my question or lets say the fact why i opened this post. I think 80 - 90 % will join TMN 4 EvER game in the future. But also a rest will stay in TMN due the fact there are many reasons for it --> physics, graphics, etc. Some dont own a PC supporting the game, some may dont like the handling or whatever. Sure the work was hard fpr TMN4EvER...but is it that a big problem to concetrate a little time on TMN after the hard work on the new game is done? I mean this question like I said! How much time will it take to reset the ladder and to keep the nooby TOP100 teams -=NOY=- and 4F from hacking the ladder? Will it take that long Florent? If it takes not that much time i think it would be fair for the rest of the TMN users to reset the ladder and to improve privacy and security.

Anyway i want to say thx for the efforts on TMN 4 EvER --> :thumbsup: work NADEO.

Dont take some things that serios and by the heart florent what some ppl say here. Well i can understand some things they mention. Maybe they react a little pissed of and dont think further. I think daniels didnt want to harm you personally with what he said. He is just pissed of and writes directly out of mind.

P.S.: everbody be cool.....YOU.... BE COOL 8)

JonHa
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by JonHa » 14 Apr 2008 20:47

There is no reason to stay with TMN.

In TMUF:
The physics is the same (although the feeling is slightly different).
The graphics are better if you want.
The performance seems to be improved.
The ladder is better protected against boosting and account stealing.
There are new blocks, new functions, new maps.
Nearly all old maps are compatible.
It will be supported (more or less)

So the only reason I can imagine you want to stay with TMN is either, that you are a booster or hacker, that you do not want to download around 500MB, or that you hate the new maps and parts.

I do not think that the last one is the problem; the large download shouldn't be the problem, too as lots of people have DSL/cable or can at least transfer files via memory stick. Or in the worst case you can buy a TMUF or TMNF CD. And if you are a booster or hacker, please get another hobby.

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMWii

Post by pobmaestro » 14 Apr 2008 20:52

Can we please change this thread title to what it should be:

"FLORENT (AND NADEO!) WE LOVE YOU!"

The Nadeo team rock; listen to 99.9% of the growing fan base and feel proud for the smiles you have brought to millions.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 14 Apr 2008 23:00

ok, we are all fans of Nadeo for one week and will start riots for any bad comments. So BEWARE! This is the Forever week, we are the ultimate CAREBEAR, or carebeer, I don't remember. We will hunt down any evil player in the world that refuse to say that TMN is the best game.

during this week, we are all
:gobananas:

so, all the :evil: , leave the party, we are having fun at the moment, and come back in one (or two ^_^) weeks. THANK YOU :mrgreen:

By the way, avoid also to flame player that had some loss and want to express it, even badly. And especially for this week: let's keep it for fun!

do this: :gotcha:

go bananas
:gobananas:
Florent

Tails
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, soon TMNF

Post by Tails » 14 Apr 2008 23:30

Why are you complaining? NADEO just made a FREE game for everyone and you are complaining about TMN? I will be surprised if more than 20% of the players of TMN still play it after TMNF comes out....so there is no need to update. Plus NADEO probably fixed the ladder problems with TMNF so its all good.

rask
cyclist
cyclist

Post by rask » 15 Apr 2008 00:03

:gobananas: :1 :gobananas:

TrabTowN
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMS,tmn,TMU

Post by TrabTowN » 15 Apr 2008 00:25

what a thread... hilarious :roflol: Image Image Image

:gobananas: HF all :gobananas:
100²% addicted

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 15 Apr 2008 07:52

Florent wrote:So BEWARE! This is the Forever week, we are the ultimate CAREBEAR, or carebeer, I don't remember. We will hunt down any evil player in the world that refuse to say that TMN is the best game.
I'm sorry carebear, but TMN(F) isn't the best game. :P
I'm keeping my doors locked.
At least one game is better... TMU(F).
I'm looking forward to tomorrow!
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 15 Apr 2008 07:56

you are right