Making TMNF to look a bit more like TMN

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

STaRGaZeR
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Making TMNF to look a bit more like TMN

Post by STaRGaZeR » 23 Apr 2008 23:41

Hi again! I need some help guys, hope this is the correct section of the forum to post this. There are a few things about TMNF that I don't like, I want the ones that were there in TMN. I've made a list, my list, but feel free to post your own question! I think there are lots of players in this situation, not liking certain parts of the new look. Well, here they are:

1 - Start lateral banners --> The ones were the traffic lights are located, in both right and left of the car when you're waiting to start. I like the old Trackmania Nations logo and color more than the actual United, is it possible to change it? What is the file I have to copy from TMN folder to TMNF folder?

2 - Banners in start, finish and checkpoint blocks --> The ones located at the top of these blocks, the same question: what are the files I've to copy TMN-->TMNF?

3 - Old default skins --> I prefer the old default skins for GER, FRA, ESP, etc. Folder to copy?

4 - Wallrides and "perfored road" blocks sound --> In the new TMNF when you're driving in a wallride or a portion of "perfored road", a sound can be heard. I don't want that sound, I find it annoying. What sound file should I delete?

5 - TMUnited advertising at the bottom of the buildings, in every "column" --> The same, files to change?

6 - Stadium margins TMUnited advertising --> I miss the NVIDIA, NADEO and ESWC advertising at the margins of the stadium, is possible to change it?

7 - The game font can be changed to the old one?

8 - Any official word from Nadeo about the missing anthems?

9 - And other minor question: where is TMNF cache located? The old Cache folder in the game directory is now missing.

If someone knows how to do these things, PLEASE post it here. I think this thread could be useful for a lot of people.

See you in the game! Trackmania forever! :1 :lovetm :pil

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Re: Making TMNF to look a bit more like TMN

Post by Retodon8 » 23 Apr 2008 23:48

Uhm... things aren't that simple.
You can just turn game A into game B by removing certain files, adding others, even if A and B are related.
What you want is just impossible.
Just play TMN if you want to see the old stuff.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

STaRGaZeR
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by STaRGaZeR » 24 Apr 2008 00:00

Many of those things (if not all) can be changed, because the people who do the mods change these files. And if you copy all the TMN directory into the TMNF one, all the things that I've posted change. But, all the other things change too. I'm asking if someone knows the exact file to replace, instead of going one by one trying myself :gobananas:

Actually, it's that simple! :thumbsup:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 24 Apr 2008 00:35

STaRGaZeR wrote:9 - And other minor question: where is TMNF cache located? The old Cache folder in the game directory is now missing.
Search is your friend. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 24 Apr 2008 22:22

STaRGaZeR wrote:Actually, it's that simple! :thumbsup:
Hmmm, after looking at all your points carefully I think I was indeed a bit pessimistic overall.
Sorry about that! :)

Mods let you change textures of the blocks, so as long as you don't want to change any geometry, it's possible.
Not sure about banners though; they're supposed to show live ads from advertisers if available, and I don't know if the default TrackMania and Nadeo ones can be found and replaced.
Sounds can be exchanged with new ones in a mod too, removing one could be accomplished by replacing it with a silent once.

Point 7 about changing the game font... the font resource isn't moddable as far as I know.
It really seems like the GUI uses the same engine as ManiaLinks, and if so, it shouldn't be that hard if you're one of the developers, but impossible for us players.

8 never heard any official comment on that.

9 is in your Windows profile, in the TrackMania folder, in the Cache folder.
Use the Search for more info; depending on Windows version the exact path changes of course.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 25 Apr 2008 01:40

Well, for point 2, I believe, the one about changing the car skins, yes? As far as I know, the car geometry for TMN stadium car and TMNF stadium car are identical....so, if you've installed TMNF into the DEFAULT directory (if not go back and do it now, this won't work otherwise) you can copy the old TMN skins into C:\My Documents\Trackmania\skins\vehicles\stadiumCar
or something like that....then they should show up in game...
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

STaRGaZeR
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by STaRGaZeR » 25 Apr 2008 13:52

I've been able to change point 1: Just copy and replace 2 files and you're done. They are located in the game directory, the file are "Gamedata\Stadium\Texture\Image\StadiumStartLogoD.dds" and "Gamedata\Stadium\Texture\Image\StadiumStartLogoS.dds". Sorry if that's not the exact name, I'm not at home right now. Works perfectly, the old banner looks so much better :D

I've also found the Cache directory (point 9), thanks to Xymph :thumbsup: I used search but I couldn't find anything useful :?

Trackmaniack I've already tried that in "Skins\Vehicles\StadiumCar", but for some reason when playing online all the cars have a grey skin. Playing Solo the skins of the Nadeo, Gold, etc. cars are the ones from TMNF. They are ok in the Profiles section, where you choose your own skin. I can't remember if there is also a StadiumCar directory in My Documents, will try later.

Retodon:

There's a Font directory, but erasing it has no effect in the game font, only in the numbers (race time, number of medals, etc). Looks like you're right, it can't be changed.

Of course I only want to change the textures, as Trackmaniack said the Stadium is identical in TMN, TMNF, TMU and TMUF, only the textures change. And they're located inside the Texture\Image directories of Stadium, Menu and many others. That's why it's so easy to change them and put your custom textures over the fixed geometry. But all the advertisement in the edges of Stadium seems fixed: when I changed them I could see the old ones for about a second, then the usual TMU advertisement came out.

About the sound, that's what I'm trying to do. But first I must find the right one :lol: Do you know where are the crash, drift, etc. sounds located? I can only find sounds like applause, enviromental, editor cliks, menu cliks...

And about the anthems, TMN without them is like me without arms, I think someone of the Nadeo staff should at least say if they are thinking about it or not, just to not raise my hopes too much :(

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated :thumbsup:

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 25 Apr 2008 16:03

STaRGaZeR wrote:
About the sound, that's what I'm trying to do. But first I must find the right one :lol: Do you know where are the crash, drift, etc. sounds located? I can only find sounds like applause, enviromental, editor cliks, menu cliks...

And about the anthems, TMN without them is like me without arms, I think someone of the Nadeo staff should at least say if they are thinking about it or not, just to not raise my hopes too much :(

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated :thumbsup:
I believe the sounds are located in C:\Program Files\TmNationsForever\GameData\Vehicles\Media\Audio\Sound\WavData

The file that controls the metallic sound is TextureMetal.wav

edit

You've actually remind me to edit one of the sounds. Because the sound the cars make when they land now is SO ANNOYING. ><;
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

STaRGaZeR
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by STaRGaZeR » 01 May 2008 01:59

Yeah thanks! TextureMetal blanked, now wallriding is way better than before :gobananas:

Anthems Florent PLEASE

/end subliminal :lol:

jedimario
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by jedimario » 01 May 2008 05:15

Sorry for the pointless post, but I thought the anthems were pretty cool, they should have left them in the game.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 01 May 2008 18:58

I agree. Florent! Bring the anthems back!
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

Ishii-kun
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Ishii-kun » 06 May 2008 03:31

STaRGaZeR wrote: Trackmaniack I've already tried that in "Skins\Vehicles\StadiumCar", but for some reason when playing online all the cars have a grey skin. Playing Solo the skins of the Nadeo, Gold, etc. cars are the ones from TMNF. They are ok in the Profiles section, where you choose your own skin. I can't remember if there is also a StadiumCar directory in My Documents, will try later.
ya, the one in my documents holds all the custom skins, changing the ones in the game directory will do nothing but change the look in solo, my documents is where you need to put the TMN skins, hope that helps

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by k4nm4n » 07 May 2008 18:36

STaRGaZeR wrote:Trackmaniack I've already tried that in "Skins\Vehicles\StadiumCar", but for some reason when playing online all the cars have a grey skin. Playing Solo the skins of the Nadeo, Gold, etc. cars are the ones from TMNF. They are ok in the Profiles section, where you choose your own skin. I can't remember if there is also a StadiumCar directory in My Documents, will try later.
If you changed your skin with some other software go in the game and save the custom car again(It's worked for me).
Be shore if you have open ports 2350 and 3450 in your firewall or router.

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by k4nm4n » 07 May 2008 18:38

k4nm4n wrote:
STaRGaZeR wrote:Trackmaniack I've already tried that in "Skins\Vehicles\StadiumCar", but for some reason when playing online all the cars have a grey skin. Playing Solo the skins of the Nadeo, Gold, etc. cars are the ones from TMNF. They are ok in the Profiles section, where you choose your own skin. I can't remember if there is also a StadiumCar directory in My Documents, will try later.
If you have changed your skin with some other software go in the game and save the custom car again(It's worked for me).
Be shore if you have open ports 2350 and 3450 in your firewall or router.