Point System?

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

criminalzerg
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Trackmania Nations

Point System?

Post by criminalzerg » 27 Apr 2008 09:47

Hey, I tried searching but coulden't find anything. Sorry if this is a newb question.

I'm wondering how the point system works. Like, what gets you more points, what get's you less? I've come in like, 10th place but gotten more points than first. So I'm really confused.

G2Wolf
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: Point System?

Post by G2Wolf » 27 Apr 2008 15:03

It's based on rank and who you beat.
The guy in first probably has a really low rank, and everybody else has a higher rank than him, so he gets less points than you, who might have a really high rank and beat some people with a lower rank.

Spendy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TMS

Post by Spendy » 28 Apr 2008 14:00

G2Wolf wrote:It's based on rank and who you beat.
The guy in first probably has a really low rank, and everybody else has a higher rank than him, so he gets less points than you, who might have a really high rank and beat some people with a lower rank.
youve got them mixed up, say some1 has a rank of 1000 and some1 has a rank of 3000, rank 1000 would be the "higher" rank even tho it is a "lower" number
Spendy.UKR

G2Wolf
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by G2Wolf » 07 May 2008 02:54

Spendy wrote:
G2Wolf wrote:It's based on rank and who you beat.
youve got them mixed up, say some1 has a rank of 1000 and some1 has a rank of 3000, rank 1000 would be the "higher" rank even tho it is a "lower" number
Blah, whatever. You still get the idea.

MaikE
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by MaikE » 09 May 2008 16:37

I still don't understand. My rank 6000-7000 always changing, you know. If i play at server with ranks 20000-100000 and if i win 1st i get 25-30points, and if i play at server with rank much better than mine and if i win 1st i get 30-35pts, so what's the point to play with better ranks? It's also harder.... :D
Also can you explain what a... in this picture? I just did this picture :)

spiun
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by spiun » 06 Jun 2008 20:12

Thats the rank bug. Sometimes the game shows incorrect ranks for some players. That 1st guy is probably somewhere in the top 50-100
To get your own real rank open the rankings and click on Players (to get the top 10 list) and your rank should update to the correct value.
However later in-game it might also become incorrect, and I don't know of a 100% sure way to fix that.

Tronmkiheda
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS, TMO, TMUF

Post by Tronmkiheda » 13 Jun 2008 16:41

I would like to ask question concerning the pointing system. Was there any change recently? I regularly play on a server with 200 players - game type rounds. I was not at the top, but mostly 40th or 30th. I always used to get good points. But today, I was 19th of 104 and 21st of 85 (and I definitely did beat some players with higher rank than mine is) and got no points. Was there any change in the pointing system? Please can anybody send me a link or explain me how does the pointing system work exactly?

Personal opinion: If there was a change in pointing system that made the rules for getting points more strict, I really do not think that that was a good move. I find it quite discouraging to race for 15 minutes and receive 0 points in return. TM is a game and it should be a fun. This is frustrating.

I in advance thank anybody for answering my questions.

dexter1
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by dexter1 » 13 Jun 2008 16:47

If your talking bout >saw< server, Then it could be that quite alot of the 'top' guys have moved to nadeo red. Just a guess ;p

racerua
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS, TMUF

Post by racerua » 13 Jun 2008 17:41

Tronmkiheda wrote:I would like to ask question concerning the pointing system. Was there any change recently? I regularly play on a server with 200 players - game type rounds. I was not at the top, but mostly 40th or 30th. I always used to get good points. But today, I was 19th of 104 and 21st of 85 (and I definitely did beat some players with higher rank than mine is) and got no points. Was there any change in the pointing system? Please can anybody send me a link or explain me how does the pointing system work exactly?

Personal opinion: If there was a change in pointing system that made the rules for getting points more strict, I really do not think that that was a good move. I find it quite discouraging to race for 15 minutes and receive 0 points in return. TM is a game and it should be a fun. This is frustrating.

I in advance thank anybody for answering my questions.
I also noticed that. And I don't like this system either... When you play for 15 minutes, you expect to have some reward - points.

Tronmkiheda
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Tronmkiheda » 13 Jun 2008 19:52

dexter1 wrote:If your talking bout >saw< server, Then it could be that quite alot of the 'top' guys have moved to nadeo red. Just a guess ;p
Thanks, but I do not think this is the case. Still there is a lot of players with higher rank than mine is (my rank is 7500 or so). So, there are players that should be a source of points :D when I beat them. And furthermore, just 2 weeks ago almost every player got some points. Today only 20% (or so) of them. Something must have changed.

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by wilameta » 14 Jun 2008 02:58

Something deffinately changed. To get points on any rounds server you have to win more points than rounds played.

In other words.....
10 rounds played need at least 11 points to earn LPs.
7 rounds played need at least 8 points to earn LPs.

At least that is how it seems to me.
Not sure if time attack has changed.

Tronmkiheda
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Tronmkiheda » 14 Jun 2008 05:17

wilameta wrote:Something deffinately changed. To get points on any rounds server you have to win more points than rounds played.

In other words.....
10 rounds played need at least 11 points to earn LPs.
7 rounds played need at least 8 points to earn LPs.

At least that is how it seems to me.
Not sure if time attack has changed.
Yeah, thanks, this probably is what I was looking for. I fact I do almost never reach the "top 5", so I do not get more than one point per round. My strategy has always been to finish every round and to make one good result (to be like 10th or so :thumbsup: ) and good points were quarantined :P :| :!: :arrow: :pil :grmblz: :pil :( :pil :oops: :pil :) :pil :D :3 :1 :gobananas:. Well, this seems to be over. I am switching to time attack than. This change sucks and puts rounds servers in disadvantageous position. You can see it on >saw< server already. It used to be always full. And it is not any more.
This brings a new question: Why was this change made now and why was it made at all?

racerua
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS, TMUF

Post by racerua » 14 Jun 2008 06:09

I wish the old system of making LP in rounds returned....

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by wilameta » 14 Jun 2008 16:12

Tronmkiheda wrote: This brings a new question: Why was this change made now and why was it made at all?
Why indeed.

MaikE
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by MaikE » 21 Jun 2008 09:23

spiun wrote:Thats the rank bug. Sometimes the game shows incorrect ranks for some players. That 1st guy is probably somewhere in the top 50-100
To get your own real rank open the rankings and click on Players (to get the top 10 list) and your rank should update to the correct value.
However later in-game it might also become incorrect, and I don't know of a 100% sure way to fix that.
Well no bug here, bcs he played maybe 15rounds and rank was always, sometimes changed 2places to better rank :D