MY MEDALS GOT DELETED!!

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

urbantwitch
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: nations forever

MY MEDALS GOT DELETED!!

Post by urbantwitch » 29 Nov 2008 04:10

What the heck, I had 246 medals and I was in 1st place (OHIO). The next day I come online and it asks me to create an account. I HAVE 0 MEDALS

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?

edit: What is this? It now mocks me with my previous ghost car on each track. this surely means i completed it but my medals are gone.

NADEO, I am VERY VERY VERY mad. I lost all of my medels even though my ghost car is still in the tracks.
GAH!!!!! :(

- urbantwitch

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Re: MY MEDALS GOT DELETED!!

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 29 Nov 2008 08:43

Your save files must be corupted or something. Nadoe doesnt have anything to do with that. These informations are sroted in you PC - they aren't uploaded to central server.

Most informations are caried by files in dir Profiles, Scores in your Documents.

PS: Why to create new acc. ? Just log-in to your old acc - You get atleast your online statistics like rank ect

petronas100
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by petronas100 » 30 Nov 2008 13:35

This exact same thing happend to me yesterday as well, although i only had 110 and i get my ghost car as well.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 30 Nov 2008 22:09

Your scores are saved in a file on your PC, they aren't actually uploaded to Nadeo. Something must have happened to that file.

The file is: My Documents\TrackMania\Scores\yourprofilename.Scores.Gbx. It's based on your profile, so if you make a new profile you won't have any medals in that.

Leehar
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMN ESWC

Post by Leehar » 04 Dec 2008 10:20

Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me...twice.
Well, actually te first time I think I understand how it happened (It was a few months ago, TMNF got deleted and I had to add the login again, therefore all my medals got deleted and I had to redo them all).
However, this time I'm not exactly sure what happened. Yesterday, when I opened the game, my login wasn't there (Remind you of another situation?), and tadah, all my medals were deleted. So I thought maybe my brother got angry and deleted the game again (Just because I'm better than him ;)) but his account was still on..
And as the previous posters above me say, I can see my ghost in front of me with author medal times. I get a worse time than his get the gold medal whatever, but it still shows the older (and better) time. So why can't that count towards the medals still? Hopefully you guys can figure out this inconsistency...
I'm also just curious as to why you can't save the medals online exactly like you do the online ladder points?

Edit: Btw, I'm sorry if you (Zooz and other mods/admins here) are not in charge of decisions just thought you might know the reason. Also, I think I'm speaking for the others as well, but we don't create new accounts. We just have to re-login with it as its not saved on the computer anymore. (When you start the game it doesn't show you on it. You have to create a new profile and say you already have an account...)

Leehar
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Leehar » 26 Jan 2009 14:50

And it has happened again for a third time, though this time I got a notice saying 'error in source file' 'score file being created'
I'm still not sure why this happened (I just got 50K LP online?) but again my ghost cars are there with their records...

Bramble
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Bramble » 26 Jan 2009 17:00

It happened to me today. I was playing TM when the power went off, so can't really blame TM that it corrupted the save file.

Good job i didn't bother getting the medals, it was more annoying that i had to reconfigure the controls ;)

Generator
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF - TMUF
Manialink(s): Generator

Post by Generator » 26 Jan 2009 20:16

I've figured out that if you set an official time that is quicker than the medal times then you do get to keep your medals even after a format. I manged to screw up my 'boot record' on my hard drive when installing Win7 (triple-boot) which forced me to format, once I reinstalled TMUF the tracks I set a official time on (quicker than medal times) had the medals I gained.

They MUST be in order though, say you got author medal on A1, A2, and say A4, the medals for A1 and A2 would show but nothing after that..

So try and set official times if you want to keep your medals forever without backing up TM in 'My Documents'.

Strange but true! :thumbsup:
Customize your virtual world to the max! >> http://www.virtualcustoms.net
3D Models, 2D skins & horns on my Manialink >> Generatorcolor>

PeteBroad
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by PeteBroad » 13 Feb 2009 22:39

I setup an automated backup system that copies the profile, scores,my challenge tracks and my ghosts once a day onto a memory stick. That's pretty much all you need as your key is also encrypted into your profile gbx file so if you need to reinstall you simply copy the files you've saved into the correct directory and you're up and running again without having to dig out your CDKey :D .I know this works as I just moved my account to another machine.

Pete

Leehar
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Leehar » 14 Feb 2009 15:48

Generator wrote:I've figured out that if you set an official time that is quicker than the medal times then you do get to keep your medals even after a format. I manged to screw up my 'boot record' on my hard drive when installing Win7 (triple-boot) which forced me to format, once I reinstalled TMUF the tracks I set a official time on (quicker than medal times) had the medals I gained.

They MUST be in order though, say you got author medal on A1, A2, and say A4, the medals for A1 and A2 would show but nothing after that..

So try and set official times if you want to keep your medals forever without backing up TM in 'My Documents'.

Strange but true! :thumbsup:
Yeah, but I think that only works with UF. I've got Author medals on all the tracks until D13, but they never saved after the 'corruption'.

Genosis
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Genosis » 22 Feb 2009 18:39

Yesterday I have reinstalled Windows because TM didn't launch and I've installed a lot of trash. Of course i've backup the TM files.
Installed Win, TM, copy/paste the Trackmania folder and ... it doesn't work.
So, I deleted all backup files, and tried to launch TM... oh it works!
I've pasted the files from the Config folder 1 at a time, and trying launch TM, everything worked fine (no medals appears at the moment) until I pasted the "packlist" file, this archive makes TM crash, somehow it became corrupted.
Ok fine, I lost all my medals for the 2nd time (259, 260 in each occassion), but my question is, what that "packlist" file have to do with the medals? It's the only file I couldn't back it up and there's no medals.

turbogrit
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMUF,T2C,T2V,T2S

Post by turbogrit » 12 Jan 2017 23:05

I have jus had the same problem.deleted my account.any way of fixing this???