Cheater

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Dark Wizard
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TMS

Re: Cheater

Post by Dark Wizard » 05 Feb 2010 09:57

NANI wrote:can't like people go to the source of the problem...like to the zone\site\programs where cheats and cheaters apper :(
the thing is that once people work out that these cheats dont work its likely that some super hacking nerd will find a new way of hacking tm.

Hacking is a thing that may never be stoped in any game or in the normal non-gaming world (real world)

Dark

GAS.Panos
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM2

Post by GAS.Panos » 11 Feb 2010 16:20

Due to the fact that we are experiencing huge problems with hacking in Greece, and only the two "serious" Greek teams i.e. EL and FUN are trying to do something good for the whole TM game, I tried to find a way to stop this happening.

It might sound a bit pioneering idea, but at least it can work.

The whole problem starts imo with the creation of the Free Nation Accounts. Most cheaters can create as many accounts they want to keep on their annoying actions.

So, it seems that the blockage of the creation of the Free Nation Accounts can minimise this problem quite a lot. If cheaters are forced to buy Nation Accounts as it happens with United Accounts = then they will be forced to pay for cheating which will make them to think twice before they act like ... !

PLS think about it !

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4

Post by NANI » 11 Feb 2010 16:49

ЭΛ GAS〄尹मภô乌ジ® wrote:Due to the fact that we are experiencing huge problems with hacking in Greece, and only the two "serious" Greek teams i.e. EL and FUN are trying to do something good for the whole TM game, I tried to find a way to stop this happening.

It might sound a bit pioneering idea, but at least it can work.

The whole problem starts imo with the creation of the Free Nation Accounts. Most cheaters can create as many accounts they want to keep on their annoying actions.

So, it seems that the blockage of the creation of the Free Nation Accounts can minimise this problem quite a lot. If cheaters are forced to buy Nation Accounts as it happens with United Accounts = then they will be forced to pay for cheating which will make them to think twice before they act like ... !

PLS think about it !

well to reforce that ;) i say that a code get by sms(msg in cellphone) paying a little cost, but u know that if that happens many people won't join TM, but tm is famous now so it wont be all lost and it would prevent ALOT not ALL cheater and hackers
Hey! :D :3 This Is An AwEsOmE P0st :3
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScorpionNani<=MyYouTubeZone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73WhjmyFo<= my Animation Video

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by FoxShadow » 11 Feb 2010 21:04

I don't like cheaters, but that's solution you are thinking isn't a good solution. Because, if TMN wasn't free maybe I never tried it, and therefore never bought United. Same thing could happen with TMUF or even TM2, if the people don't have the change of try this excellent free game maybe never know how great trackmania is. :)
I think the REAL solution should be if Nadeo forces their game fixes and if the fixes were regular (we always waited too much until a fix came). Also just allow the lastest dedicated servers to connect to their master server.

Dark Wizard
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TMS

Post by Dark Wizard » 13 Feb 2010 10:05

So, it seems that the blockage of the creation of the Free Nation Accounts can minimise this problem quite a lot. If cheaters are forced to buy Nation Accounts as it happens with United Accounts
ok maybe instead of buying new accounts lets say make it u can only make a certain amount of accounts so lets say 2 as some like to race without been noticed.

This could stop the problem but i would say they would just re download tmnf as it is free to download and play. Which means even buying new accounts wouldnt be worth it.

Dark

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 14 Feb 2010 22:51

Here we go again with the bans/blacklists for the past fortnight:

_flmg1, marko4452, beatboxbasti, dydzio, leroiduvolant, angelo__pl_, troupkos10, reymistyrio, xrhstos.com, david42415646256416, may6584, maymay178, globozorus, giromania, dani3245, hamy17, kolts58_gmail.com, thebestplayer___, pghoch10, danny_aka_street_style, misiumisiu, _n_i_k_o_s__, furzknoten_, jackassjish, marcoon, lazaros_aekr21, inlovesparta, .__.._.__._.._...._.._._., urteilsdrache, bigangel, hhhasannn, werkannderkann, xrhstos123456, piotr6666, giga-olli, proooogaaamerrr, dimitrakis619, djtalakoss__, crazym1x, valavanis123, rafi_ellada, drfrankestein, rock11, naousa_mitsakossss, marcin.l, urteilsdrache1, michaelord, trelos100_____, black_cha0s, provataki_ftw...

And the one-timers were:

seliproo, 1337331, hell_no, tony__dertas, timbato, sonystyle22, tsaxpinogargaliaris, callofduty123, shiindo, lol_sandro, piotrjajajajaj, sonoitaliano, paspasflo00, mpoompooka, rffserver, pcxp33, heartshapedbox, urteilsdrache2, fresconico, __otorinolarigologos__, giorgaras13, stocksy, gamias1561, dani2514, marios97
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 14 Feb 2010 23:13

ЭΛ GAS〄尹मภô乌ジ® wrote:The whole problem starts imo with the creation of the Free Nation Accounts. Most cheaters can create as many accounts they want to keep on their annoying actions.

PLS think about it !
This is a bit radical and will also prevent people from playing trackmania.
FoxShadow wrote:I think the REAL solution should be if Nadeo forces their game fixes and if the fixes were regular (we always waited too much until a fix came). Also just allow the lastest dedicated servers to connect to their master server.
I'm not sure if they can react fast enough for every cheat.. And including anti cheat tools which act more like spyware is in my eyes not a good idea. But I really like the idea of enforcing the latest dedicated server version, it's the job of an admin to keep his systems up to date. (Given that dedicated server releases are well tested, so they don't accidentally break anything, because of the "never touch a running system" people.) Also making the update button "work" / actualy use it can't be that bad practice.

Another way to ban cheaters and not potential new players whould be to limit dedimania records to united players. I think most of the "good" players own TMU anyway so this won't be a problem for them.

NANI
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Manialink(s): http://tiny.cc/NGBx4

Post by NANI » 15 Feb 2010 10:03

ok maybe instead of buying new accounts lets say make it u can only make a certain amount of accounts so lets say 2 as some like to race without been noticed.

This could stop the problem but i would say they would just re download tmnf as it is free to download and play. Which means even buying new accounts wouldnt be worth it.

Dark
well people are always making new e-mail and so accounts so it can resolved like that ):

and yea buying is out of question tmnf is known as free i dont think thats gonna change
Hey! :D :3 This Is An AwEsOmE P0st :3
http://www.youtube.com/user/ScorpionNani<=MyYouTubeZone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax73WhjmyFo<= my Animation Video

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Feb 2010 08:44

A couple of new Dedimania bans yesterday pushed the Dedimania global blacklist over the sad milestone of one thousand entries. :cry:

A couple of statistics: 60 logins (ie. 6.0 %) are United accounts, 944 are Nations obviously. Though the majority of United account bans happened at my initial clean-up of the database in April last year, when several years of junk records were removed. Lately very few United owners make the mistake of getting themselves banned.

Also, I wrote a little script to tally the countries that these cheaters are registered with in the Dedimania database. Here's the top-20:

Code: Select all

GER     188     18.8%
GRE     140     14.0%
BRA      65      6.5%
TUR      53      5.3%
NED      40      4.0%
POL      34      3.4%
SVK      30      3.0%
HUN      30      3.0%
FRA      26      2.6%
BEL      22      2.2%
ALG      20      2.0%
OTH      20      2.0%
USA      20      2.0%
ROM      19      1.9%
TUN      15      1.5%
ARG      15      1.5%
RUS      15      1.5%
AUT      14      1.4%
CYP      12      1.2%
UKR      11      1.1%
rest    212     21.2%
As mentioned before, Greece is disproportionately high in that list, but Germany leads the list and that is to be expected as the cheats originate there. France seems remarkably low in the list considering the size of its playerbase, so maybe it's a matter of honor for French players not to cheat in a game developed by a French company. Too many players in Germany, Greece, Brazil, Turkey and the Netherlands don't have such scruples.

Edit: the gamers.org Apache logs indicate that the global blacklist has been downloaded over 11000 times so far this year, with 250 hosts downloading it twice or more while two hosts grabbed it nearly 1100 times and one more than 1900 times. Those are overdoing it, as the blacklist is updated only once a day. On the other hand, a lot of servers aren't updating frequently enough, and overall far too few servers are using the blacklist at all to really make it difficult for the cheaters.

Well, back to today's scans and bans. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by FoxShadow » 17 Feb 2010 00:29

Good Job !

Is really a shame see my Country in that TOP 20. :oops:

apovtx
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMN
Manialink(s): funteam

Post by apovtx » 17 Feb 2010 17:52

Imagine being 2nd :( :oops:

:thumbsup: :lovetm
Apovtx
Do you wanna be a journalist?
Contact me with PM!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 21 Feb 2010 16:24

A busy week for the banhammer:

panagos1998, dude073, arxontassbatll, tsaperdona1, dj_dami, pistoleroman, gamias1561, marios97, _vamos_aris, blub09, crwwld, sofia12345678910, ballzz2, _00f_ikk___f00classic, hip-hop-2010., muscler, 226172261, 2261722617, 2261722618, 2261722619, bekakis, dildoehakt, bal_gekakt, bal_gezakt, h4ckyou, niteroi, ownerdanq, ahsjh, nektaria, aa2215, valedino_rossy, 22617, dfsyvcf, jon2___, jozef499, shitylolylylylylyllylylyl, john_bill, sdiofjrs_igvspihrtoiejkru, an8h, sdfgvsagfhaeg, remalis, sferaboy, checkabonita, mr.guilherme, pamegiasenso_, victor62705, smokka, aufrichtig

while it will also swing onto these one-timers unless they never cheat again:

b0s1, seweryn21999, aekarako, joker21aek, mpitaos, xen-1, gr4ph_x, klaaaauuus, spoced, alani4everr, makakas123, gokturkk, annemarieluebke, mlks123, stub11, kane.., golfakias, modenakiass, pfffffffffffff, fydan, jimarosssss, argy95, pro_gamer1, pro654, motumbante, lololololololollololo, kormara15, badbod, sadicos, 34534sdfsda, nell_rider, asark0s....., cheatermini, cheater.

Btw, some of these are from last month or last year when they initially slipped under my radar, but due to continued and varied scans they got caught eventually.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 03 Mar 2010 20:22

Here's the round-up of bans in the past week and a half:

golfakias, modenakiass, argy95, lololololololollololo, maninho159, traccion, otrelosaektzis, gftc_efrt4, tusis_a, tsaxpinogargaliaris, motumbante, domi3531, lolakismenos, stergios96, raducc, mackingue, bolo29, asark0s....., zingzera1, plasmaman123, lololololoisback, alani4everr, nell_rider, marionlhmus, claverir, paulokabum, w00z13, qqp, derfresqsa, bbx123, 22610, 22618, 22621, 22625, parkgr, halifis, roadrunnervscoyotte, roadrunner_3, thgad_, mpitaos, kiss_na_penis, zafeirakis8888, iin.sigh7

and warnings for the small fish:

twiligh7__, blurplurp, mpouas4995, 11111, protos_4ever, yoshishuke_aikawa, batman1997, diabo147, dragaoo, guigz17, pedraki, swes, lololisbest, netuser45645, 22609, 22614, 22615, 22620, 22632, 22633, 22650, poupos, ferrariboy93, dragao666, kingvenom, demo177, demo15, _f60_e51_d41_b22_a12_9-03, i_-_f*ck_-_you (* = u), pac120, thialeflo, _lmpsycho_, legendboyii, psofos, motsotakisthereal, dani988, *666*

jordanwb
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by jordanwb » 13 Mar 2010 03:31

Question: What constitutes a cheater? 00:00:01 times? Several accounts? In Burnout Paradise for the PC, faked road rules are somewhat common (you have to beat the time on each road in the city) and the company that made the game doesn't care. Good to see it's not the same with TrackMania. :1

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 13 Mar 2010 17:50

jordanwb wrote:Question: What constitutes a cheater? 00:00:01 times? Several accounts?
The most common cheater is someone using a hack that gives an advantage in racing, ie. results in fake/impossible finish times. I'm not going into any more detail than that, so as not to give anyone stupid ideas. Sooner or later they are detected, the times deleted and the logins banned.