eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Post Reply
User avatar
[POL]jakub
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 212
Joined: 04 Jun 2006 16:19
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmn, tmu

eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by [POL]jakub » 05 Apr 2009 21:33

eswc is broke :)
not good for tmn.

http://www.games-services.com/

since some of us play in sponsored multigaming teams id say the news is bad.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 5326
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 08:58
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz
Location: The Netherlands

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by Zooz » 06 Apr 2009 00:09

It means nothing for 99% of players, but maybe if you play in a pro sponsored team you might attract less sponsorship and have less opportunity to win prizes... ESWC isn't the only competition organizer out there though.

User avatar
[POL]jakub
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 212
Joined: 04 Jun 2006 16:19
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmn, tmu

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by [POL]jakub » 06 Apr 2009 05:26

it means nothing?
zooz are you being serious?

theres no more world class tournament with trackmania taking place.

of course it means something. tmn is not cs.

multigaming organizations and their sponsors want pr, pr is at the big tournaments.
also, i liked to explain my friends i play i game which is recognized at the eswc.
im talking about tmn being seen by not affected people here.

it means nothing, ha.

lets hope for wcg.


however it is, its worth a news at least, since there is tmn "eswc" in the name of a game i once bought.

there should be a news or something on this particular site, since the game we play for 3 years now, is called trackmania nations eswc.

mTz‘ Colin
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Jun 2008 16:41
Owned TM-games: TMN-F

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by mTz‘ Colin » 15 Apr 2009 18:08

[POL]jakub wrote:it means nothing?
zooz are you being serious?

theres no more world class tournament with trackmania taking place.

of course it means something. tmn is not cs.

multigaming organizations and their sponsors want pr, pr is at the big tournaments.
also, i liked to explain my friends i play i game which is recognized at the eswc.
im talking about tmn being seen by not affected people here.

it means nothing, ha.

lets hope for wcg.


however it is, its worth a news at least, since there is tmn "eswc" in the name of a game i once bought.

there should be a news or something on this particular site, since the game we play for 3 years now, is called trackmania nations eswc.
apparently tm will be played @ wcg '09 :thumbsup:

User avatar
AlexKool
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 415
Joined: 13 Nov 2008 16:36
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by AlexKool » 17 Apr 2009 13:33

mTz‘ Colin wrote: apparently tm will be played @ wcg '09 :thumbsup:
ohh thats good to know! :D (sry off topic)
Join the 250+ GFC team members at: http://www.playfaster.net

DOWNLAOD Gaseco for your server now!

Stoppi
pedestrian
pedestrian
Posts: 11
Joined: 12 Sep 2008 11:49
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by Stoppi » 18 Apr 2009 04:03

Zooz wrote:It means nothing for 99% of players, but maybe if you play in a pro sponsored team you might attract less sponsorship and have less opportunity to win prizes... ESWC isn't the only competition organizer out there though.

Well, it's a little bit old but still i have to respond to this.

That the biggest bs i ever read. The most important reason why TM is so big is because of the free part for ESWC. It first attracts a huge amount of players because it's free. Second because of the exposure in the e-sports world. It's a great game, but the i would say comes for 80% from the ESWC promotion side.

It's huge ESWC died for TM, by far the most players played the free part of this game. It might not change alot for the people who are playing it, but i can assure you, that i was a huge blow for TM/Nadeo. That kind of exposure always makes thousands of people try the game. Thank god for WCG picking it up...

User avatar
Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 2124
Joined: 05 Sep 2005 17:51
Owned TM-games: ALL
Location: TraxicoLand (Fr)
Contact:

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by Slig » 18 Apr 2009 10:41

Stoppi wrote:
Zooz wrote:It means nothing for 99% of players, but maybe if you play in a pro sponsored team you might attract less sponsorship and have less opportunity to win prizes... ESWC isn't the only competition organizer out there though.
Well, it's a little bit old but still i have to respond to this.
That the biggest bs i ever read. The most important reason why TM is so big is because of the free part for ESWC. It first attracts a huge amount of players because it's free. Second because of the exposure in the e-sports world. It's a great game, but the i would say comes for 80% from the ESWC promotion side.
Zooz was replying to the question "eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?"
This means actual players, isn't it ? and less than 1% of players played eswc competition, so Zooz is perfectly right. If the question had been "Is it bad for TM ?" then i guess that he would not have replied that it is nothing.

It's you who talk about something which is not wrong either, but is not related to the asked question. Or the question was not the right one, but that is another problem ;)

Stoppie
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Feb 2007 03:09

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by Stoppie » 18 Apr 2009 13:27

Slig wrote:
Stoppi wrote:
Zooz wrote:It means nothing for 99% of players, but maybe if you play in a pro sponsored team you might attract less sponsorship and have less opportunity to win prizes... ESWC isn't the only competition organizer out there though.
Well, it's a little bit old but still i have to respond to this.
That the biggest bs i ever read. The most important reason why TM is so big is because of the free part for ESWC. It first attracts a huge amount of players because it's free. Second because of the exposure in the e-sports world. It's a great game, but the i would say comes for 80% from the ESWC promotion side.
Zooz was replying to the question "eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?"
This means actual players, isn't it ? and less than 1% of players played eswc competition, so Zooz is perfectly right. If the question had been "Is it bad for TM ?" then i guess that he would not have replied that it is nothing.

It's you who talk about something which is not wrong either, but is not related to the asked question. Or the question was not the right one, but that is another problem ;)

Without that much publicity less players will start with the game, current players will sooner lose interest, servers disappear because sponsors don't care anymore etc etc etc.
So yeah, i would say it influences everybody. It's a online game, so if the number of servers and active players decline, it changes things imo..

JWH
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 Apr 2008 11:01
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by JWH » 20 Apr 2009 07:58

Ofcourse it's a huge blow for the top players that are willing and able to compete at the largest stage. However it's good to see WCG picking it up, Trackmania may not suffer at all.

Though the best part of the ESWC was that players of smaller teams, without the financial support, could go ESWC Grand Finals by sponsoring from the National Quailfiers. Lets hope WCG will have something similiar.

But besides that, more and more LAN's are starting to recognize Trackmania Nations as an official competition. Which means more publicity and prizes. For example, Dreamhack Winter 2008 had a price purse of ~2,000€, now Dreamhack Summer 2009 has ~5,000€! Next to that it's The Experience picking it up with a purse of 3,000€.

So Trackmania is still growing, even after the ESWC !

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 5326
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 08:58
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz
Location: The Netherlands

Re: eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?

Post by Zooz » 24 Apr 2009 22:13

Slig wrote: Zooz was replying to the question "eswc is gone, what does that mean for us players?"
This means actual players, isn't it ? and less than 1% of players played eswc competition, so Zooz is perfectly right. If the question had been "Is it bad for TM ?" then i guess that he would not have replied that it is nothing.

It's you who talk about something which is not wrong either, but is not related to the asked question. Or the question was not the right one, but that is another problem ;)
Yes, pretty much this. I don't think it gets all that much publicity through esports either, it's not something that the general public is involved in much. I've never seen an ESWC result in my newspaper. Mostly the hardcore gamers who visit LANs will hear from it this way, but all kinds of people play TMN, and these all kinds of people are most of TMN's players, not the LAN-visiting gamers ;)

Post Reply