is there tm for ubuntu?

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

johnquality
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS,TMW,TMOdemo
Manialink(s): dont have one!

is there tm for ubuntu?

Post by johnquality » 31 Oct 2010 12:24

ok so i have windows and ubuntu, but windows is REALLY SLOW! ubuntu is really fast but windows is slow for some odd reason!

the thing is is that it only takes about 1 min to boot up ubuntu and log in, but it takes about 5-10 mins to boot up and login to windows!

ive got tm for windows, but not ubuntu,but i would like tm nations for ubuntu. is there a version for linux? if there is can you give me the URL to download it?

thanks
johnquality

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Re: is there tm for ubuntu?

Post by Slig » 31 Oct 2010 13:18

johnquality wrote:ive got tm for windows, but not ubuntu,but i would like tm nations for ubuntu. is there a version for linux? if there is can you give me the URL to download it?
no, but it can work on linux using wine (use the latest wine version, not the one in ubuntu repository). You should find some tuto aboutTM on wine with some search.

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN

Post by fordry » 10 Dec 2010 04:33

I recommend getting playonlinux and installing tm using that. It allows you to easily manage wine versions and allows an easy installation of tm. It is in the ubuntu repositories.

Dexu
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Dexu » 10 Dec 2010 15:11

i recommend Wine (Windows Emulator).. i ain't sure if its only for Kubuntu.. but it should work with Wine... atleast i been playing x times with Wine.. works nice.. only to make in-game skin can be little hard..