FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Re: FREEZONE

Post by w1lla » 09 Dec 2010 20:42

well the solution i provided isn't short term but "forever".

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Zp1
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Zp1 » 09 Dec 2010 20:43

Go Reset button Florent and rather do this after the holidays ;) Probably wont lose any money on it and it will be at more ease for the players, also bigger oppertunities to think about the changes to all this
Last edited by Zp1 on 09 Dec 2010 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

samuelhip
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by samuelhip » 09 Dec 2010 20:43

These are devastating news to all tmnf players. Tmnf was supposed to be FREE game, but now nadeo wants everyone to buy tmuf? A lot of people can't afford it. Also you won't get any new players, because none of the people who hasn't played the game before, aren't going to pay for it. That's because they don't know what to expect from the game. They aren't going to pay for it, because they think, that the game might dissappoint them.

congratulations to nadeo. for killing tmnf.

giu
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: tm?

Post by giu » 09 Dec 2010 20:47

Well as you can all see from Nadeo's reactions to the statments made here: They don't care about non-playing-players at all! Cool... here's another thing:

I just looked at some of the freezone-crap-servers and what do i see? a bunch of tracks which have been made by the community. Are the track-makers being paid by Nadeo for their tracks being used? Have they been asked at least? Sure, most of these tracks at sometime ended up somewhere in the net like on tm-exchange.com for free download and free use. But concerning my own tracks on tm-exchange.com: They got up there because (almost) everything in the game was free! That now has changed can us trackbuilder now charge Nadeo for using our tracks?

No, i don't want no money for my tracks! I want to see them on free servers for free gamers that drive in a free game with free cars. It's an community idea you know, Nadeo??? Of course you don't...

Haxxie
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Haxxie » 09 Dec 2010 20:49

Guys, I'm sorry to say this, but Nadeo doesn't care if some people can't afford to buy trackmania. This is perfectly understandable, Nadeo is a company and companys need to make money. What they need to realise is that this will not get a single person to buy TMUF. The best solution right now is to keep things the way they were. Both for players and nadeo.

TMNFBAST
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMSunrise

Post by TMNFBAST » 09 Dec 2010 20:50

What the *** does your advertisement deals have to do with how the people played this game. Im not happy with this and i think its a cheap way to all force us to pay.

Arni
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMN, TMNF

Post by Arni » 09 Dec 2010 20:51

@ Florent: Maybe its an Idea to give players the opportunity to buy TMU via trackmania.com for maybe 10€ or something else. This would help many players who want to buy the game, but they have no possibilty to go to a shop. Or the shop doesnt have TMU. Think about it
Bullracing! Arni

samuelhip
highway camper
highway camper

Post by samuelhip » 09 Dec 2010 20:51

w1lla wrote:how about an online pass system.

Players that want to play competition send a request through a webpage and those requests will be handled by nadeo and the organizing competitions.
Players that don't play competitions will play on freezone players.
So in your opinion, everyone who doesn't play on competitions, should play on these crappy freezone servers.
I don't think so.

Arni
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMN, TMNF

Post by Arni » 09 Dec 2010 20:52

samuelhip wrote:
w1lla wrote:how about an online pass system.

Players that want to play competition send a request through a webpage and those requests will be handled by nadeo and the organizing competitions.
Players that don't play competitions will play on freezone players.
So in your opinion, everyone who doesn't play on competitions, should play on these crappy freezone servers.
I don't think so.
Problem is, that I think nobody who started playing on these servers ever thinking about playing a competition.
Bullracing! Arni

giu
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: tm?

Post by giu » 09 Dec 2010 20:53

True, Haxxie! I think the ladder-traffic is just getting to expensive for Nadeo to afford it any longer, so less players will keep the costs down... most of the other traffic is - sorry i am no technician, but from what i understand - running rhough the FREE SERVERS provided by the users and therefor not affecting Nadeo's costs too much.

If this is important in any way: I could easily afford to buy the game and just don't want to, at least from this day on buying the game is out of question!

----GLUK----
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: all

Post by ----GLUK---- » 09 Dec 2010 20:53

:)

Tensk
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Tensk » 09 Dec 2010 20:55

First of all, I think you've done this after some proper... "thinking", and surely you have your reasons for that but... I'm completely sure you're wrong, plain wrong.

If this was the situation from the beginning of the game, it would just be fine, "it's what you see". But doing this dramatic change after years out there is, to me, not the correct path.

There's a lot of people involved in TMNF servers, for their own sake, for the love of it, that now just will see their "income" of players severely reduced. That is no good for them, so it is not good for you, since it reduces the number of possible future clients. And in the way, you're creating kind of angry players due to the "pay or go away" kind of situation you put them through. Maybe it's not fair for you, but it's completely logical and understandable, the very same way it's understandable your decission, but it's not fair with "long time TMNF players".

And of course, this will bring, is already bringing as far as I know, bad "mouth to ear" word about you. Unfair? surely, logical? as well.

I know that if there's no money, there's no game, but this is certainly NOT the way to get income, not by making the users have to pay NOW or leave.

Just for you to know, my own example. I've always thought of buying the game since I first played it in March last year (and I'm very "careful" spending my money). I thought "wow, a game this good makes its developers deserve some appreciation".

And yes, I haven't bought it for a simple reason. It just doesn't work properly. You may search for my only thread in the "technical support" forum and know more about it if you're interested, but long story short, the game decides by itself not to run anymore after some weeks. And then, after some weeks or months, it works again, by no reason I've seen (and believe me, I've tried). And since the game, the program, doesn't work to me as it should, I'm not quite into spending my money on a broken thing. But if it were, I'd gladly probably do pay for it. And after searching the forums, I know I'm not the only one with this kind of trouble, or other issues, so... how many people do you think that will pay for something which does not work properly? Not me. And yes, Windows itself doesn't work properly, but I think I'm more in the need for an O.S. rather than a game.

So, thank you for the time and the game. I will keep on playing on my fav. servers as long as I can, but I will certainly NOT pay if you're kind of "threatening" me to do it or leave it, and it's quite less probable if it doesn't work properly.

I sincerely hope this situation changes back to what it used to be. You're not improving your economic situation this way, are you? and you're annoying a lot of people.

Thank you.

Tensk.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 09 Dec 2010 20:58

provide a solution for players that don't want to play competitions.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Forgotten
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU

Post by Forgotten » 09 Dec 2010 21:05

giu wrote: I just looked at some of the freezone-crap-servers and what do i see? a bunch of tracks which have been made by the community. Are the track-makers being paid by Nadeo for their tracks being used? Have they been asked at least? Sure, most of these tracks at sometime ended up somewhere in the net like on tm-exchange.com for free download and free use. But concerning my own tracks on tm-exchange.com: They got up there because (almost) everything in the game was free! That now has changed can us trackbuilder now charge Nadeo for using our tracks?
Don't like to post off-topic, but can't refuse to reply here.
I started playing with TMU, I payed for that game.
I made some tracks and have few of them on TMX so everyone can download them and use for free. According to your logic, I'm so dumb. I should have asked all server admins who ever put my tracks on their servers to pay me for that!

TMNFBAST
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMSunrise

Post by TMNFBAST » 09 Dec 2010 21:06

If this gets pushed on, tm will end up like a normal retail shelf game. Going from miljons to dozens players left within a short timeline.