FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

abgematzt
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by abgematzt » 09 Dec 2010 23:08

10 Euros is not the case. The Case is the too hard step they Nadeo goes. A soft cut of options of TMNF Players step by step to the stand it is now was the better way.

So are a lot of people pissed off.
Last edited by abgematzt on 09 Dec 2010 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

Amaterasu
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Amaterasu » 09 Dec 2010 23:08

aliasfred wrote:Hi,

my opinion is first you should limit the serverproviders only to Unitedaccs and 5 max instead of 10. So you can control the uncontrolled growth of servers. Just this can bring a lot of people to buy the game! And 10€ on amazon i think is not too much.

Fred
but still a bad decision..
this game is "old" and after all these years this harsh decision is simply stupid

Amaterasu
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Amaterasu » 09 Dec 2010 23:09

abgematzt wrote:10 Euros is not the case. The Case is the too hard step they Nadeo goes. A soft cut of options of TMNF Players step by step to the stand it is now was the better way.

So are a lot of people pissed off.
true words..

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Flint » 09 Dec 2010 23:11

Florent,

Our greatest problem isn't really financial.. it's.. operational. Would it be possible to implement a paying method that allowed us to use national credit cards, for example?

I'm not here to discuss if it's going to work or not, if it's right or wrong. We'll try to adapt to whatever Nadeo decides. We played this game for 5 years for free and some of us, like myself for example, travelled the world for free because of it. Who am I to judge considering the scenario we have now.

I just need a way to get brazilian players back on track. If we have to pay, so be it. We just need to figure out how to do it at the moment.

Thanks!

VizlaN
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: United Forever

Post by VizlaN » 09 Dec 2010 23:12

Wow.. I mean, just.. I was at a loss of words for a few sec when I heard this ingame, then went into a rage for the community.

Since the costs of running your servers are so high, why don't you strip out the non-essentials that suck bandwith and go for the basics instead of forcing such a solution on the community that will surely cripple it if not kill it ? Or is that the point of this, cripple the free community prior to the launch ?

Bad move, please fire the person that came up with this idea, get back around the table and figure out something else. Steam-sale, D2D and other providers, GS campaign or similar.

edit: I apparently read a bit fast there, sorry flint :)
Last edited by VizlaN on 09 Dec 2010 23:19, edited 3 times in total.

abgematzt
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by abgematzt » 09 Dec 2010 23:16

VizlaN wrote:...
Flint: Don't even propose a pay-per-month service. Thats not a solution and WILL kill the game.

PPM? Thats the baddest Idea i ever heared of this game. That isnt WOW or AION... were are Trackmaniacs!

dazzy65
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by dazzy65 » 09 Dec 2010 23:18

i think Nadeo should bite the Bullet on this & Do Such a good Job on Developing TM2 & put stadium on TM2 & use The profits from TM2 & all other games nadeo sell to host this & learn from this on future releases,
I,E, pay for the game while it is still new & not when it is 2 years old & a new TM out some time next year!!
Last edited by dazzy65 on 09 Dec 2010 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
UK ESL Head Admin
ANE Admin

Flint
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Flint » 09 Dec 2010 23:19

I never suggested that. What I meant was, we cannot buy the game online if we don't have international credit cards.

Maybe they could find an alternative for it using Paypal, Pagseguro, or any other site that allowed us to use national credit cards, bank cards, whatever.

abgematzt
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by abgematzt » 09 Dec 2010 23:21

@ Flint:

Ah ok.. sorry, my mistake. Wrong understand and to less english lessons produce that brainfart :D

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Dec 2010 23:28

Florent wrote:
Zooz wrote:
w1lla wrote:if using a nations account you can convert that account to an united account and still keep the login.
Yes, but this is not very clearly communicated, as are some other things... For example, people may just want to buy full TMNF, so why do they have to buy TMUF? It is confusing.
if you have some time, please try to connect with a free account, and tell me if there is something that can be greatly improved (we tried to explain it ingame)
Ok, I tried it. Some things I noticed:

- Nothing about the Favouriting thing
- If you try to go to a regular server you just get a link to trackmania.com, a specific purchase or explanation page would be much easier
- Generic "too many specs" and "enter pass" failure messages when you try to join them (ok this probably can't be avoided for technical reasons)
- The "freezone" and "upgrade" info links don't work

Not directly a communication problem, but a lot of the creativity and competition that makes TM attractive is now hidden from free players. All servers are in the same mode, for example, you only see that there are others if you scroll many pages on.

It's very difficult to make a good judgement on this with the missing info. This is where the stuff about upgrading or purchasing would probably be. The only available redirection is to the trackmania.com front page, which doesn't actually have anything on purchasing TMU, only on downloading TMN. The impression it currently gives is that you need to purchase a different game to be able to access all of the content of this game (TMNF), which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also, while this might work for new players who haven't heard about United Forever before, most of the affected players have been around for longer, and already have some prior knowledge of all these things. They are the most likely to get confused by these changes, since the game doesn't clearly explain how and why things are different, and why people with no interest in the other envs would have to buy TMU anyway.
edit: Here's an example of this type of confusion: http://tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27227

Flint
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Flint » 09 Dec 2010 23:29

There's just one thing worse than not having money... is not to be able to spend it =P

If those Fullgames magazines were still for sale here I'd buy tons of them.

Div
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: United & Nations

Post by Div » 09 Dec 2010 23:33

What about sponsors? If players can only rent servers at Nadeo they might also get sponsor. These sponsors can rent 'loading screens'. So everytime a track is ended and the next is loading you see a nice computer with a good price from for example dell. Nadeo earns its money by the rent of servers and they also earn money by the sponsoring.
And then you can also look further that you companies can sponser all servers in for example Holland, or Germany, or Europe.

Deadlock
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Deadlock » 09 Dec 2010 23:35

Guess TMNF actually stands for TrackMania Not Forever

azkme
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by azkme » 10 Dec 2010 00:00

I guess this is game over?

I actually thought about purchasing TM:U when the price would drop (which never happened), but even when I have a TM:U account, 2 out of 3 people I know ingame won't be able to play with me anymore.

It's a sad thing how this comes to an end!

This is raping a lot of clans out there, including mine :!: :(

Cassis
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF

Post by Cassis » 10 Dec 2010 00:07

Hey all!
I think this decision is REALLY bad Florent, and I'm gonna list what you killing/losing doing this :

• 1°A big number of teams
    2°A big number of competitions
    3°A big number of players
    4°Potential TM2 Players

Basicly, you are just ruining the community with this stupid thing, and, correct me if I am wrong, but you didn't even bother to install a record system on servers, witch is what many players play for.

Oh, and this system will not make players buy tmuf ^^.

I have TMUF, so I shouldn't really care, but doing this, you are destroyng tm community.

It's the beginning of an end :cry:
Last edited by Zooz on 10 Dec 2010 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't use huge red text for no reason, or this will happen.