FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

{BK}Slowtoni
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmn

Re: FREEZONE

Post by {BK}Slowtoni » 10 Dec 2010 12:20

I think this plan is rubbish, because TrackMania becomes a lose much of his gamer. because I think the 60% of the nations gamer will not accept that they are no longer allowed to use any server. I wonder how you do not notice yourself can you be so hurt himself, I mean just the whole clan to a great extent the users from tmn there that need their clans then leave, unfortunately, because they are no longer allowed to drive on wars or on clan servers. on the whole will go down tm plan when it is enforced

I think I kers in the names of ALL tmnf gamer

let tmnf as it is then it will continue to grow and gain fans

lg {฿Ǩ}ς£φฟाφήi
Last edited by {BK}Slowtoni on 10 Dec 2010 12:32, edited 3 times in total.

Big_Al
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMUF TMN TMNF

Post by Big_Al » 10 Dec 2010 12:22

A little late for so drastic changes I think.

Why don´t wait for TM2, do it there same way and keep TM as it is.
Community will loose many players, servers will remain empty.
And I talk about the real free servers, hosted by clans and players.

Nadeo says now "freezone" are nadeo servers - the most uninteresting servers in browser!

For the servers Nadeo has nothing to pay for.
The player servers get now misused of Nadeo to make some money?

I think Nadeo has missed to make their own servers interesting in a way, that players are hot to play there and even wanna pay some money for it. But no - Nadeo uses the servers not of Nadeo to make their deal!

The community put sooooooo many work in TM, think of all the plugins, xaseco, fast, remote programms, boards, cups, tracks, servers...and got no money for that. Imagine a world of TM without all those things made of players!

This decision is a slap in the face for all faithful players playing this game for years!

I own TMU since very long time, so I´m not angry about buying this game, but I am sure we will loose many players on our ~10 public servers payed by us!

And btw: The coppers we already paid for the server acc´s!

Cheers, the very, very disapointed Big Al :cry:
Last edited by Big_Al on 10 Dec 2010 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

-MfG-Lucker
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF

Post by -MfG-Lucker » 10 Dec 2010 12:24

i agree with you Big Al

here is the link where i come fom nadeo to upgrade my account

http://trackmania.gamesplanet.com/track ... ffilie=N2U

and here what i found for an united account

http://www.amazon.de/TrackMania-United- ... 855&sr=8-2

looks like you wanna squeeze out tm before you present tm2 to us, why ever.
Last edited by -MfG-Lucker on 10 Dec 2010 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 12:26

Yup it will definately hurt in some way Slowtoni, it's a great shame it has to come to this.

I just hope they find a remedy soon and can step back toward a better "model" to pull the punters in. For now i guess they had no choice but to act on the revenue front.

Is sad that the knock on effect of the Ad revenue collapse can hurt us all so much, let's hope we can all work our way through this in as pleasent a manner as we can until more soultions are provided,

I see in the other thread that competitions have a little hope with the hidden servers being available to join (not in favourites) by tmtp link. this least means we have a small compromise to work with. the only issue there is that the general mass of "walk through" players will not be there. but at least the tightly knitted racing communitys have something to work on in the meantime.

So spread the news to your fun clan moderators, to add tmtp joint links for your servers, and to edit the config to hide the nations servers. then least you can join from your website.

Edit: @ Big_AL and "Why don´t wait for TM2, do it there same way and keep TM as it is"

Do you think they would have waited if they could have, i do personally. I don't know the full story, but i can imagine nadeo not being able to pay the rent for their offices and servers being much more damaging. sometimes in life it's about "damage minimisation". for this situation there is no solution that can please us all fully i'm afraid. Let's hope that there will be such in future.

Just please pause and think of the consequence. imagine if the opposite happened, they let us all have it free and did not let us know of the money troubles, and then shut a game server many have paid for (or have it reposessed). i think the situation could have been worse in all honesty, but then we all know i am an optimist. (Albeit a gutted optimist, this change has hurt us all ALOT!).

noxkaneone
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmo,tms,tmn,tmu,tmnf

Post by noxkaneone » 10 Dec 2010 12:36

very **** up nadeo fix it back to how it was find some other advertisers u killin the game

Deckard Cain
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Deckard Cain » 10 Dec 2010 12:43

jamie_macdonald wrote:i don't need evidence, i have experience. that is much much better than stats and figures :thumbsup:

Old players of TMO (TMPO), TMS (TMSX) will know exactly what i am talking about. you know them old games they still support actively? :D
Ok, you do not need any evidence, nor do you need stats or numbers.

You base your judgement of this situation just based on your own experience. An experience built up based on a business model that is not holding up anymore.
Last edited by Deckard Cain on 10 Dec 2010 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

[RW]
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by [RW] » 10 Dec 2010 12:45

@Slowtoni
Agreed.
edit: Oh, and if you ask me, this is destroying tm :(
Last edited by [RW] on 10 Dec 2010 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
[RW]

chaos_tmn
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS

Post by chaos_tmn » 10 Dec 2010 12:49

Oh snap...

Ok, let's analyse this a bit...

What are the main atractive aspects of Trackmania and how are this going to destroy them?

1 - Several servers with a gigantic variety of tracks, Fullspeed, Tech, Speedtech, LOL, Minis, Modded, etc.
Problem: We can't find them online to "search" for a server that we like or amuses us.

2 - "Infinite" number of tracks being made daily.
Problem: We can no longer insert our tracks on our server playlists to show to the community and friends, because for that we would have first have to give our login server to people that we probably don't even have the contact, or publish it online and wait for them to have access.
I fear this is even going to make mappers lose their will to make new tracks.

3 - Fast access to any server, of any country.
Problem: It is no longer practical to visit a server. Now, in order to do that, we must know it's login, trade it for one the 3 probably already full slots on the Fav's list, wait like 10 min and only then we can enter it.

4 - Fast access to the servers where our friends are playing.
Problem: We can no longer see where our friends are playing, or join them, without them giving us the login of the server. The only way that works, is if both players are united acconts.

5 - Several competitives game modes that allow for inumerous ideas for tournaments that are created along the year.
Problem: Tournaments are going to be a lot harder to organize now, in any situation, given the difficulty of acessing the servers.

6 - Easy server creation to play with friends or to host gaming for competitive ends.
Problem: If we now want to create a private server in order to practice with our friends for a certain competition, we just can't... If we want to create a server for a tournament match, we just can't... We can, but it becomes sooo and unpractical to use them and share the login...

7 - Easy relay creation for better advertising of competitions, shoutcasting or major events and competitions.
Problem: Relays are in the same situation as looking to play in a certain server. It will become easier to organize a live stream in Ustream for example to share the games.

8 - A map editor that is original and intuitive, com infinite possibilities of construction.

9 - A replay and camera editor super complex/complete that allows for a moviemaking level that very few games in the market have.

And I think that's it...
So, out of 9 advantages I mentioned... 7 are destroyed with this.

Now for some doubts and problems we are going to face:

1 - We can only create a relay, if the relay account is United, right? (in order for everyone to see it, I mean)

2 - If the server is created in LAN, can we access it without problems?

3 - If the server is created in LAN, can we at least access it through Hamachi?

4 - I read somewhere that only 30% of TM players have United accounts. If that number is correct, we may be witnessing the end of the community, since 30% of the players is not what is going to feed what TM has become.
How is the eSports community going to workaround this? How can we? How will this affect offline tournaments? How will this affect the number of competition offline?

If we can create servers in LAN and access them normal, then nothing in the offline tournament is gonna change.
However, if it IS different, then how are we going to workaround it @ LAN's?

This will, at the very least, make people stop playing for some weeks. From there, if NADEO does not come up with a good workaround this, I'm afraid that the community will disintegrate in about a month.

The noslide.org page is awesome, given the time being and the current circumstances. Will we have to work like that around servers? Always sharing, links, waiting for favourites to update, etc?

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 12:54

Deckard Cain wrote:
jamie_macdonald wrote:i don't need evidence, i have experience. that is much much better than stats and figures :thumbsup:

Old players of TMO (TMPO), TMS (TMSX) will know exactly what i am talking about. you know them old games they still support actively? :D
Ok, you do not need any evidence, nor do you need stats or numbers.

You base your judgement of this situation just based on your own experience. An experience built up based on a business model that is not holding up anymore.
Have you tried to workaround the situation with the concessions given? have you notified your team of the tmtp link joining for servers set as hidden so your competitions can work as normal?

Regarding the business model, i think time will be needed to tell that result. i don't know how you can say after 24 hours that it has failed.

And yes i go on my experience, wich is that nadeo do all they can to provide the game for free for you guys to enjoy, and will do so again at the first opportunity. I do understand your fustration, and i do understand this has killed alot of the TM community in an instant. there will be a solution found, and the problem will be worked around. but if you do not have patience and understanding you have no hope of ever being satisfied.

Do not think for a second that these changes will not hurt us and our team as much (us as players, and we as my team and ET also). we all have to deal with this issue as best we can, not just you yourself. I am merely being objective, as complaining will not get any of us what we want (wich is ultimately, things as they were right?).

EVG
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by EVG » 10 Dec 2010 12:56

Thanks for ruining the main point of playing TM and thats the community and free competition of all

no doubt this is a result of nadeo expanding too fast and trying to dev 3 games at once

good job guys

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Post by TStarGermany » 10 Dec 2010 12:58

@chaos_tmn yep, this one is a killer queen.

All in all this restriction hits the contributing users and services the hardest way; empty servers, less website visits, less ad revenues etc... The mid- and longterm consequences will be no less than dire. For all parties involved.

New and unexperienced users know nothing about tmtp or how to obtain server logins when even many server admins don't know them. Ingame communication was always the strongest point of connecting people and it's cut effectively cut off now.
And it's an awkward situation that the free access to exactly those servers is prohibited, which are not run by the company, but by outside people who want to contribute to the well beeing of the community with their own financial resources.

Nevertheless ... I say: make people buy TMU or charge TMNF people a small MONTHLY amount of money to run TMNF alone without hassles. Everything goes. :gotcha:

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 10 Dec 2010 13:00

Sure you can give your team teh workaround. But you need a hell lot of member addicts to keep the server active right now, cause there aint no nations players anymore. They dont know your website, Our servercomment is overwritten by the nadeo comment, So how the hell do i point them to the favourite link??
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

tsv47
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: nations forever

Post by tsv47 » 10 Dec 2010 13:02

hey,
i have Trackmania Nations Forever and wanted to add a server to my favorites with this link tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin. Of course i replaced serverlogin with the server name but i get an error all the time saying:too many servers. I dont have any server in may favs. So what am i doing wrong ???
thx for your help.
Last edited by tsv47 on 10 Dec 2010 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 10 Dec 2010 13:02

Post a link in maniazones and it will be shown ingame ;)..

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 13:03

Yup, this is not good for anyone T-Star, such bad news for such an awesome game!

I wish i had millions of pounds, cause then i would have offered to support them financially myself, unfortunately i am working class and not rich!

Let's hope the community understand the decision (rather than thinking it's based on greed alone) and that NADEO find a better way soon, or else i agree TMN is in dire shape for the future.

@weer wolf, its a case of making the best of a very very bad situation i'm afraid. i don;t know all the answers but i can say that pulling people into your website and informing of the situation clearly is the only solution in the short term. I wish i had better to suggest for you (we will have the same problem i assure you).

Of course you should use ingame news from Maniazones a little more, that is one option... it's time for us to use our heads to workaround until better days.