FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Ant » 10 Dec 2010 18:01

For anyone who's interested, I have also placed the NoSlide - Trackmania ServerLister as a download on my TMF Hub, and linked to its download page too.

http://xxx-ant.letsrock-tm.com/links.php

http://xxx-ant.letsrock-tm.com/downloads.php

IKanter
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by IKanter » 10 Dec 2010 18:05

Changing trackmania is really selfish, I still like the game and all, but it will never be the same if all have to buy TMU :|

So, it's pointless !!
Makaveli The Don Killuminati

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 10 Dec 2010 18:08

Well at first I thought the decision was unfair, but whats a company gonna do ? They need to make money, they're not a charity !! As for joining servers goes, the serverlister tool is probably the way to go.

s0xen
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by s0xen » 10 Dec 2010 18:10

TMUF 10 euros in germany, you still have to add the shipping price.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0044XB ... B0044XBS0U

Credits to Tstargermany.

VizlaN
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: United Forever

Post by VizlaN » 10 Dec 2010 18:11

Aye, a nice quick fix there Ant. Kudos for it :)

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 10 Dec 2010 18:12

for me it is way too much Image and Image in here.
Of course its strange that it had to come that fast but maybe they had to...we all dont know really and all should really try to read florents first posting. We should be patient a bit more and wait what comes in the next days.
At least the Forum is a crowded place again. :roll:
Patience...

kahin
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmnf

Post by kahin » 10 Dec 2010 18:12

And of course you destroy all privat servers with perfect tracks which are better than tracks from nadeo.F--k o-f!!!!!!

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 10 Dec 2010 18:18

VizlaN wrote:Aye, a nice quick fix there Ant. Kudos for it :)
Well its not my fix, but i'm trying to help promote it :)

gringomortale
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by gringomortale » 10 Dec 2010 18:26

Please all check out the FREEZONE-Servers!!!

I did a quick check out on a couple of theses freezone servers:

- a bunch of maps we all know (probably from TMX or a direct rip-off of our non-freezone-servers)
- tracklists that look extremely familiar to the tracklists of non-freezone-servers

Nadeo STEALING the community's ideas (tracks + track rotations) here!!! **** the Freezone-****!

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 10 Dec 2010 18:33

Changed my signature now. Might be a little help in promoting TMUF.

Code: Select all

[url=http://focus.gamesplanet.com/game-trackmania-united-forever.html]Click here to buy [color=#BF0000]Trackmania[/color] [color=#FF8000]United[/color] [color=#0000FF]Forever[/color][/url]
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

kidmaciek
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU

Post by kidmaciek » 10 Dec 2010 18:36

gringomortale wrote: I did a quick check out on a couple of theses freezone servers:

- a bunch of maps we all know (probably from TMX or a direct rip-off of our non-freezone-servers)
- tracklists that look extremely familiar to the tracklists of non-freezone-servers

Nadeo STEALING the community's ideas (tracks + track rotations) here!!! **** the Freezone-****!
I think that was the point of making freezone :P I don't think it's stealing, because tracks are totally free and everyone can use it. If they said that Nadeo made this maps, then it would be a steal, but as it is now, it's not.

I'm still waiting for next news from Nadeo, full of hope that this situation will pass by the board :P

Sune
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by Sune » 10 Dec 2010 18:37

It is the skill that you should never be dependent on a company to survive, this is how it can stop then.

But you have so many users, for example, steam should be interested in you. They have a shop and will certainly be happy to get one million new users. Remove mania zone and server favorites and let the steam list your servers instead. You should be able to design a good agreement with each other. It's the only right thing to do.

Nobody wants to buy United. The game is simply bad and need to be developed. Ever reason for buying United is that the car is visible. Now, you have removed these potential buyers.

Now there will be no growth of new players .. It will be difficult to arrange competitions. E-sport requires that there is an interest in the game otherwise you will have them to close down, server hoster equally so. You have a great responsibility that you have ignored and now I read just a lot of excuses, it's not good enough. It is rotten.

We have stopped arranging night cup and we will remove Trackmania from our lanparty as we planned. I would say,this has an effect so do not sit there and twiddling thumbs and guess, react now.

You owe it to all players and organizations, get a new partner, that is how it works.

/Sune

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 10 Dec 2010 18:41

@Sune: LAN-servers work like earlier. But that's maybe not your point...
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Jelle Mees
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Jelle Mees » 10 Dec 2010 18:44

This will be the end of this game. Almost all of the United players I know, including myself, just bought the game to use custom cars, custom avatar, awards, coppers, etc... The other environments suck big time. Seriously, I don't know who's the braniac behind this, but if you actually think that this is going to increase the amount of players, you are seriously mistaking.

I already noticed a serious decrease in activity in my country. Many clans that were once filled with members and had servers with 40+ players on it have to survive with a few more active members on empty servers.
ImageImage

JoDooky
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by JoDooky » 10 Dec 2010 18:48

to be fair...i stopped reading all these guys flaming after page 15...

I wont talk about the price of this game or your profit...

I just have the problem with how you handle this! This change is maybe needed...or not...but now everyone knows, that you bring hard changes within 1 Day!
Maybe all buy TMUF because of this change....and 2 months later you say: now all TMUF users need to pay 10€/$ per month, otherwise they get restricted to freezone-servers aswell. This is which brings rage and fear-quits.

BUT PLEASE, find a solution for relays or streams!
Streams and Relays should be free for everyone, because this is a major factor of the community. NC finals without normal fungamers, which can cheer for their country...wont make a profit difference, huh? But for many its a big and major part of the game!

btw, not only for cups...clanwars could also need freezone servers, or the chance to upgrade your server for 2-4 hours.

greetz