FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

User avatar
svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 304
Joined: 05 Dec 2009 23:30
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO
Location: Bern, CH
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by svens » 11 Dec 2010 19:46

ph07 wrote:my probelem is that i can't a add a server to my favouritelist (Elias Lol Mania)
this is the link but it doesn't work:

tmtp://#addfavourite=fbi-mini-speed Elias'
Just leave away the Elias' and it works.

=> [score]tmtp://#addfavourite=fbi-mini-speed[/score]

ph07
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Dec 2010 19:26
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by ph07 » 11 Dec 2010 19:53

Thank you very much!

It works :)

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 368
Joined: 24 Jan 2008 20:53
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by fordry » 11 Dec 2010 20:00

should actually be tmtp://#addfavourite=fbi-mini-speed

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 37
Joined: 03 Apr 2008 07:22
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Flint » 11 Dec 2010 20:23

Katagrama wrote:
Flint wrote:Maybe the best solution to keep the game alive would be creating something that could be bought, but not tracks or skins, something the players would be willing to pay for.
Best thing I read in this 40 pages.
Gekko wrote:Why don't adapt TMF to the Planet resetting all players and introducing it also to free players????
Now thats the best thing xD.
And my suggestion is:
The TMF or TM2 user who want to host a server should pay Planets to nadeo/ubi and his server should have ads.
Each player who want to join the server should play planets.
Nadeo/ubi receives 95% of the earning.
Gekko wrote:and let the servers earn 5% of the earning
thats it!
The winning recipe has been the same for years. Only a few companies still insist in releasing different titles every year and making money out of that. Take a look at Facebook, Itunes, etc. It´s all about advertising, in-application content, etc. Nothing really expensive..
I have an iPhone 4.. and if you asked me if I would ever spend 30 bucks buying 1 iphone feature, I´d say no. The thing is.. the variety of extra content is so big sometimes you decide to buy a 0.99 app... well .. in 30 days I spent over 90 bucks!!!!
When I used to play lineage.. I got so pissed I didn´t have time to play that I spent over 300 bucks trying to catch up with people. You may say "well you´re stupid".. no .. I´m not.. I just have money to spend and we live in a capitalist world where people who have money to spend just.. spend.

If we could apply some of these examples to Trackmania Nations Forever, we could turn something free into something really profitable without creating barriers. Only those who were able to spend money would be supporting the whole community, and if they felt they were spending it with something that gave them pleasure, they wouldn´t bother!

As I said before.. it´s all about recognition, titles, power.. That´s why we all play. We want to be the best, to have our names on the top, to travel the world playing.. and we´re willing to pay for it as long as we´re not paying for something we won´t benefit from.

And when I say benefit from, I´m not talking about material things or about having more chances to win. We don´t want to take away the game balance. But take TMU as an example. Most people I know who bought TMU didn´t buy it for the other enviroments.. they bought it because of the custom options... to show off their skins... their tags.. etc. Again.. recognition, titles.. power..

Give them something to brag about.. a special title.. a special league.. special colors, medals, map tools, map blocks, premium accounts with a web based tool that let you control something for your clan.. like a clan admin tool designed by Nadeo for TMN.. give us something to pay for and we´ll pay... as long as it´s not something we´re not going to use.

Dazzla
pedestrian
pedestrian
Posts: 6
Joined: 31 Oct 2008 16:53
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMWii

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Dazzla » 11 Dec 2010 21:25

how do you find out what the name of the server login is? im try adding a server to favourite but dont know the server login :S thx help gg

rcc4
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Dec 2010 21:38
Owned TM-games: TMF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by rcc4 » 11 Dec 2010 21:50

Ubisoft killed TMNF to market TM2, now will not be n2 games in popularity after CS, recall that Ubisoft bought NADEO and for selfish purposes for ourselves and the evil prime player killed TM! :cry:

User avatar
Big_Al
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 80
Joined: 09 Apr 2009 07:52
Owned TM-games: TMU TMUF TMN TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Big_Al » 11 Dec 2010 22:09

Idea:
Pre-buy now TM2 => Get TMU included

rcc4
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Dec 2010 21:38
Owned TM-games: TMF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by rcc4 » 11 Dec 2010 22:28

Big_Al wrote:Idea:
Pre-buy now TM2 => Get TMU included
But do not be so many players as it was in TMNF that's the highlight of all available free of charge.

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 550
Joined: 03 Sep 2006 18:20
Owned TM-games: ALL
Location: Naples - Italy
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Gekko » 11 Dec 2010 22:28

Well boys, Flint is the MAN!!!!!!
He is explaining perfectly what i ever thought!!!
Thx Flint to write on this forum, the mean is this: No thing to spend on!!
Copper for 3 years had no meaning, cause all the skins, cars and tracks can be easily found free online.
I found, yes a strange way to use coppers, but i found the way... and what is this way????
I found something to buy with them: THE POWER UP!!!

Now, i don't wanna talk about TPS, but Nadeo, do a ITEM MALL where we can dewnload something we can have permanently, something we can buy to open server, give US SOMETHING!!!
Why you don't insert EXP and LVLs instead the LADDER.... In this way the concept of community is better.

Have you ever heard of Drift City????
Yes is not a great game, but you spend money on it, and Nadeo please don't tell you don't wanna do MMORPG, cause you can't do what you want, you must do what carry money!!!!
As we say in Naples : "You don't eat selling air, and you don't pay your staff with air".
Do you wanna know what kind of man am i??? I'm a man that test all games, and donate to all games. I always spend 10€ on all the F2P i test, cause as a coder i know what kind of work there is behind, and i have the money to do it. But the others???? The players without money?
So let all play together but who wanna BUY can do it, the others do NUMBER to attract many players too.
Now, Nadeo, if i was a TMF player, after 3 years i asked you a bug fix on the BINK trasparency, after posting on the forum where moderators can only say LOCKED post and use this, and you never done anything else than modify the "bad coded" LADDER, i will never buy TMU, cause for me you didn't worked than the games update EVERY DAYYYY, EVERY DAY there is an EVENTTTTTT: Drift City, Atlantica Online, Luminary Online, Lineage, WoW, Facebook Java Games, Xymph, Slig, Gekko, TPS, Cos Full Speed, Jamie Mac Donald (yes i addd you also, anyway you work), Jamlan in TM ESWC, and never than all that coders and admins done something to get the game go on....
We made the game go on, not you, you only coded it, you never added an update (that don't was for cheaters or server and gameplay bug), a thing to download, a new car to buy, never fixed the ladder server, and so on and so on and so on......

Much of you will go against this again, but we created all by ourself???
Xaseco by Xymph
Aseco by Florian
Fast by Slig
hmmm Oliverde
Mistral
TPS
Gery
and sorry if i forget the others, but all are in the list.....

Ok, now, anyway they decided.
Where are the servers admins?????? I wanna know what the admins think of this. Maybe because they open servers and don't read the forum???
What Nadeo think, is not needed anymore, is obvious.
I WANNA KNOW ADMINS MIND!!!!! WHERE ARE???? :grmblz:
Last edited by Gekko on 11 Dec 2010 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 37
Joined: 03 Apr 2008 07:22
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Flint » 11 Dec 2010 22:35

Gekko wrote:Well boys, Flint is the MAN!!!!!!
He is explaining perfectly what i ever thought!!!
Thx Flint to write on this forum, the mean is this: No thing to spend on!!
Copper for 3 years had no meaning, cause all the skins, cars and tracks can be easily found free online.
I found, yes a strange way to use coppers, but i found the way... and what is this way????
I found something to buy with them: THE POWER UP!!!

Now, i don't wanna talk about TPS, but Nadeo, do a ITEM MALL where we can dewnload something we can have permanently, something we can buy to open server, give US SOMETHING!!!
Why you don't insert EXP and LVLs instead the LADDER.... In this way the concept of community is better.

Have you ever heard of Drift City????
Yes is not a great game, but you spend money on it, and Nadeo please don't tell you don't wanna do MMORPG, cause you can't do what you want, you must do what carry money!!!!
As we say in Naples : "You don't eat selling air, and you don't pay your staff with air".
Do you wanna know what kind of man am i??? I'm a man that test all games, and donate to all games. I always spend 10€ on all the F2P i test, cause as a coder i know what kind of work there is behind, and i have the money to do it. But the others???? The players without money?
So let all play together but who wanna BUY can do it, the others do NUMBER to attract many players too.
Now, Nadeo, if i was a TMF player, after 3 years i asked you a bug fix on the BINK trasparency, after posting on the forum where moderators can only say LOCKED post and use this, and you never done anything else than modify the "bad coded" LADDER, i will never buy TMU, cause for me you didn't worked than the games update EVERY DAYYYY, EVERY DAY there is an EVENTTTTTT: Drift City, Atlantica Online, Luminary Online, Lineage, WoW, Facebook Java Games, Xymph, Slig, Gekko, TPS, Cos Full Speed, Jamie Mac Donald (yes i addd you also, anyway you work), Jamlan in TM ESWC, and never than all that coders and admins done something to get the game go on....
We made the game go on, not you, you only coded it, you never added an update (that don't was for cheaters or server and gameplay bug), a thing to download, a new car to buy, never fixed the ladder server, and so on and so on and so on......

Much of you will go against this again, but what Nadeo gave us that we don't created by ourself???
Xaseco by Xymph
Aseco by Florian
Fast by Slig
hmmm Oliverde
Mistral
TPS
Gery
and sorry if i forget the others, but all are in the list.....

Ok, now, anyway they decided.
Where are the admins?????? I wanna know what the admins think of this.
What Nadeo think is not needed anymore, is obvious.
I WANNA KNOW ADMINS MIND!!!!! WHERE ARE???? :grmblz:
Thanks for the support!

User avatar
Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Posts: 692
Joined: 16 Feb 2007 01:40
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Between DisneyLand and Paris
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Knutselmaaster » 11 Dec 2010 23:21

Gekko wrote: Where are the servers admins?????? I wanna know what the admins think of this. Maybe because they open servers and don't read the forum???
What Nadeo think, is not needed anymore, is obvious.
I WANNA KNOW ADMINS MIND!!!!! WHERE ARE???? :grmblz:
I think we are all very busy trying to find a way to save what we have build up over the years....
And asking ourselves if we should continue spending hundreds of euros per year.

I understand that Nadeo is forced to do something, but i'm not sure if i understand the vision behind this plan.
As stated in many posts, there are so many other ways to make money.
I'm sure that selling "I <3 TM" teeshirts will generate more money than trying to sell the game this way.
I would buy one......
I bought tmu (twice even, one for my son too) for the possibility to use custom content and coppers, but i only play stadium. (like most tmu buyers in my team, almost half of the team.)

But i wouldn't have bought it if i found myself in the situation of thousands of nations players that can't play normally anymore.
Forcing people like this is not a community friendly solution.

I just signed a contract for a year for serverrental, and i really regret it as my servers are allmost empty all the time since freezone.

I really want to help and support Nadeo to pass this difficult moment, but Nadeo needs to come a bit in my direction too.
I help save the game, Nadeo helps saving my team.
I think most serveradmins/clanleaders feel the same about this, we want to continue and be positive, but it is hard to be positive with our servers empty and our clanmembers uninstalling the game...
Big_Al wrote:Idea:
Pre-buy now TM2 => Get TMU included
++ on that one too

srdjan183
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 31
Joined: 13 Jul 2008 16:54
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by srdjan183 » 11 Dec 2010 23:38

CavalierDeVache wrote: Edit: it worked earlier to use hide server 2, but doesn't now. The server must also be hidden from TMUF players in the game browser :(
Why would you want to hide server from players anyway, if you want to play with friends without someone disturbing you, you can always lock server and/or ban unwanted player, i think the whole hide server thing should be removed from game, make the game more open for players.

User avatar
CavalierDeVache
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 191
Joined: 23 May 2006 23:47
Owned TM-games: tmu tmn tms tmo
Location: Yellowstone Valley
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by CavalierDeVache » 12 Dec 2010 00:00

srdjan183 wrote:
CavalierDeVache wrote: Edit: it worked earlier to use hide server 2, but doesn't now. The server must also be hidden from TMUF players in the game browser :(
Why would you want to hide server from players anyway, if you want to play with friends without someone disturbing you, you can always lock server and/or ban unwanted player, i think the whole hide server thing should be removed from game, make the game more open for players.

Hide server allows the free players to connect from a tmtmp link such as the ones at http://tm.manizones.com without adding the server to their favorites list. This is just a workaround for the current situation.

It is also useful for running a competition server without the need to password it, the players can just join the comp from the organizers web page without random players wandering in.

eyebo
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 32
Joined: 08 Jan 2010 10:38
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Re: FREEZONE

Post by eyebo » 12 Dec 2010 00:43

Gekko wrote:With all the rispect Florent, TMU and TM2 could be valid games, but nobody is so stupid to buy TMU before TM2 come out
I would. And I've done it with more than TM. I buy old games all the time. Old games are many times more fun than newer games. Graphics isn't everything. If a game was fun in 2005, why wouldn't it be fun now? Fun factor doesn't change over time. Sure whizbang graphics are cool. But the fun that made a game worth the investment doesn't change.

So when you say "nobody is so stupid to buy TMU before TM2 comes out", it might speak for a few people who only care about the latest games. But there's a huge market of people who enjoy classic games for their fun factor. And c'mon, TMUF isn't THAT old! And the graphics are still decent.

User avatar
lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 881
Joined: 09 Dec 2007 15:04
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by lille79 » 12 Dec 2010 00:47

as knutselmaster said: we who have invested extreme amounts of time and hundreds (maybe thousands) of euro's on our teams, servers and domains are trying to get to grips with whats happened. I just can't see it as my duty to be supportive and problem-solving when the problem isn't a problem I can solve. I can give ideas and explain my thoughts, but that doesn't bring in hard cash for Nadeo. I can't see Freezone doing that either. I've done much because I know 10-50 year olds enjoy the game, and the 10-16 year olds haven't always got an easy way of buying an online game, so me and others like me have taken the cost. When the fun of helping goes away, much of TM goes away. I've explained colours, skins, coloured shadows, servers, tags, coppers, horns and ladderpoints for 4-5 years, but now I'm fed up. How can I explain a person about the EASY way of adding a server, when I barely know my own server-logins.

I'll give it a few weeks, but at the moment I'm feeling negative. Just hearing talk of a seven-figure cost, and you have 9 mill accounts. Then Nadeo does this decision to reduce recruitment, then I see dark clouds. sorry...
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Post Reply