FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

worti
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by worti » 12 Dec 2010 01:10

Mh i think that this proceed is the badest idea ever from Trackmania. I played very high in the ESL and i don`t want to buy this game. The game was free for very much years and now? man man man. Thats **** ****! Sry for that expression, but it is ****.
Everyone was satisfied and from today to tommorow everything changes.
I can`t retrace this proceed. Sorry.

greetz worti.

DjDesidera
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by DjDesidera » 12 Dec 2010 01:36

lille79 wrote:as knutselmaster said: we who have invested extreme amounts of time and hundreds (maybe thousands) of euro's on our teams, servers and domains are trying to get to grips with whats happened. I just can't see it as my duty to be supportive and problem-solving when the problem isn't a problem I can solve. I can give ideas and explain my thoughts, but that doesn't bring in hard cash for Nadeo. I can't see Freezone doing that either. I've done much because I know 10-50 year olds enjoy the game, and the 10-16 year olds haven't always got an easy way of buying an online game, so me and others like me have taken the cost. When the fun of helping goes away, much of TM goes away. I've explained colours, skins, coloured shadows, servers, tags, coppers, horns and ladderpoints for 4-5 years, but now I'm fed up. How can I explain a person about the EASY way of adding a server, when I barely know my own server-logins.

I'll give it a few weeks, but at the moment I'm feeling negative. Just hearing talk of a seven-figure cost, and you have 9 mill accounts. Then Nadeo does this decision to reduce recruitment, then I see dark clouds. sorry...
+1 @ lille79
Thats exactly what is going through my mind ever since I noticed things didnt add up logically and thus gave it some thought.

With the enormous reduction of visitors on my servers bugging me, I am hanging towards closing them down and use my bandwidth for "more fruitfull projects" until the matter has been properly addressed.
Like lille79 mentioned I will also think it over in a week or 2-3, I presume we all would like to get the big picture at that time (see it in practise and actually working in benefit of game and community).

I personally am afraid this is Nadeo's chosen "closing up shop" - strategy, but hopefully we, who think that way, are proven wrong by the Company that eventually will come up with a working online marketing template (just sniff out EA).

Lets just see how this plays out, we all know this isnt the era of transparency..

ASF Kamakaze
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMU

Post by ASF Kamakaze » 12 Dec 2010 01:59

Why doesnt all the Nations forever players who dont want to pay just go back to TM Nations? Id rather do that then play on those crap heap servers..

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 12 Dec 2010 04:15

Gekko wrote:I WANNA KNOW ADMINS MIND!!!!! WHERE ARE???? :grmblz:
If any are like me, still trying to manage this disaster...
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Post by TStarGermany » 12 Dec 2010 04:49

(just to interfere: yesterday 2 german users have nagged me in icq, that they tried to buy tmuf online (official links) and their direct debit payment wasn't accepted :ß)

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 12 Dec 2010 10:21

eyebo wrote:
Gekko wrote:With all the rispect Florent, TMU and TM2 could be valid games, but nobody is so stupid to buy TMU before TM2 come out
I would. And I've done it with more than TM. I buy old games all the time. Old games are many times more fun than newer games. Graphics isn't everything. If a game was fun in 2005, why wouldn't it be fun now? Fun factor doesn't change over time. Sure whizbang graphics are cool. But the fun that made a game worth the investment doesn't change.

So when you say "nobody is so stupid to buy TMU before TM2 comes out", it might speak for a few people who only care about the latest games. But there's a huge market of people who enjoy classic games for their fun factor. And c'mon, TMUF isn't THAT old! And the graphics are still decent.
I'm not speaking about old games or something about the price, remember i'm the one who bought 50 TMU and gifted to GFCx (ahh, i forget to say i gifted 10 ARMA : Armed Assault).
Is the way Nadeo done this change that don't deserve respect.
Florent is a respectable man, he was the only one to talk with me, in the past.
But the Nadeo decision, is so bad.

For the Admins: thx for the answers.
I will be more calm from now, huhuhu, i will help to find a solution.

budd
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by budd » 12 Dec 2010 11:54

the solution is close, the implemented changes need to be better presented to the community and also what it will cost the community, ofc i will mention that it's a huge load on the backs of competition organizers and that i would like to see other updates as well, so that the existing ones could work properly. i've been to some freezone servers and they look like a junkjard, filled with 3rd world ugly tracks, no record system, no functions to add tracks, juke songs, rate exisitng tracks etc...
i have only been to 3 freezone servers up till now, so saying (where the f*** are the admins is a bit too early and unsupportive if the admins are somewhere, doing their job).
an ungly comparison to this update is telling a lie which has to be supported by additional lies to keep the first lie reasonable. i didn't intend to blacken you guys but it was the first thing that came to my mind.
like gekko said, you could do a mmorpg, i know that newer players would accept that update, but im not sure how tm's e-sport scene would look of it

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 12 Dec 2010 12:08

I'm spamming like a crazy in all Freezone servers!

budd
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by budd » 12 Dec 2010 12:31

Gekko wrote:I'm spamming like a crazy in all Freezone servers!
yes you are a lvl 60 elite spammer :)

bippbipp
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by bippbipp » 12 Dec 2010 13:03

Advertising something? ;)

Doronskiy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Doronskiy » 12 Dec 2010 13:35

I came up with an alternative entrance to my servers: Zone of Russia - Moscow - com2gether
Try adding it to favorites and enter into it.
p.s. This is not advertising. You'll understand when you joined into it :)
Last edited by Doronskiy on 12 Dec 2010 14:58, edited 2 times in total.

Ouwe
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, Canyon

Post by Ouwe » 12 Dec 2010 13:41

I was running a dedicated server for more then 5 years now.
But from today I have stopped it. The server wasn't really populair (average 20) but stil it was fun to run it.
Now the fun of hosting is away, there isn't hardly anyone who is entering.

Bye Bye Trackmania, it's time for something else... Thanks!

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Flint » 12 Dec 2010 14:27

You guys mind if I ask you something?

First, there are 40 pages of complaints, we don't need any more complaints here. Everyone knows 90% of the community is sad, mad, whatever.

Second, if you want to give up, just give up! It's not my problem and I don't give a damn about it. Don't come here just to say you're leaving the game, because that won't change anything. They won't change what was done because you're leaving and that WON'T help us find another solution.

So if you're mad, go out for a walk but don't spam on this forum. There's people here who really want to help and find another way so we can all keep playing.

This post would have only 10 pages of constructive messages if it wasn't for people like you! And I bet we'd have much more attention from Nadeo if they didn't have to read the same crap over and over again.

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 12 Dec 2010 14:35

Excuse me Flint, But he has the same right to express his mind here just like you !
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Flint » 12 Dec 2010 15:12

If you want to express your mind, go to a shrink. We´re here to discuss solutions..

There is nothing constructive in complaining and letting everyone know you quit the game.. it´s just a waste of everyone´s time and time is something most of us here can´t afford wasting. But if you like these kind of messages, ask him to PM you with it.
Last edited by Flint on 12 Dec 2010 16:13, edited 1 time in total.