FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

vish
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmu

Re: FREEZONE

Post by vish » 13 Dec 2010 04:10

i must ask who is admins on the freezone servers ?

cuse i just have seen 2 cheaters on a freezone fullspeed server they had some kind of start cheat so they just started to drive instantly before the 3.2.1 go signal ....

is there any chanse that every one that has tmu can be admins on this servers or just some ppl that is online everyone all the time !?

clith
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by clith » 13 Dec 2010 04:25

vish wrote:i must ask who is admins on the freezone servers ?

cuse i just have seen 2 cheaters on a freezone fullspeed server they had some kind of start cheat so they just started to drive instantly before the 3.2.1 go signal ....

is there any chanse that every one that has tmu can be admins on this servers or just some ppl that is online everyone all the time !?
I was just on this same server and seen these 2 cheating. Everyone else on the server wanted to kick them for cheating, but votes have been disabled. Could you at least allow kick votes so that cheaters can be removed from a server.

Merlin
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Merlin » 13 Dec 2010 05:43

Jelle Mees wrote:I own United for two years now and you'll have to pay me to play on the other environment. Nations is the only one worth playing. It's not only the most popular because it's free but because it's the most fun. I know many players that have United. None of them play other environments.
Ok... the way I see it is, that every envi has it´s pros/cons.

But.. if you think it´s the only one worth playing: It´s the only one worth paying for, is´nt it?

If you want to play a completely free game: Play solitair ( but: Dont forget to buy the Windowslicense before ^^ )

Doronskiy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Doronskiy » 13 Dec 2010 08:36

I agree that it should pay. But Nadeo struck not by the players TMNF. This solution kills others servers

tyjo
cyclist
cyclist

Post by tyjo » 13 Dec 2010 10:13

In my opinion there are too many FreeZone server.
Why should many United now?
if the free version more than enough Server.
When people very long wait for an available slot on
then buy more United.

Greetz
Tyjo

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 13 Dec 2010 10:19

it looks like we will be able to enable the come back of player's servers in January (I would bet the second half) They will have to follow some rules that we need to explore in the days/weeks to come.

it may be a coppers system, with retribution to the conversion of players. We don't know yet. We will look after the rules and the system until the re opening.

I am quite busy this week, but the team will follow how things are going.

Even if it is not the primary concern of affected host players, the operation is going well. If I say this to them, it is because it positive to have solutions to support the game. In this regard, we should come back in two weeks with some interesting stuff for them. We should have good time with the players that will still be in their own holiday while we will be back from ours.

thank you for constructive players out there and I just can say that we are sorry to not be perfect to the others. we are adapting to a new situation and I think that we are going to be back in a good situation really soon, which is quite short delay compared to the history of TrackMania of seven years.

Florent

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 13 Dec 2010 10:47

Sounds good Florent, i will await clarifications early next year and look forward to things settling down :thumbsup:

And about being perfect, who is? most of us do understand and trust that you will do things in the considerate manner that we know to be typcial of NADEO ;)

Thanks for letting us know what is likely to be coming soon! :)

bwyf00
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by bwyf00 » 13 Dec 2010 11:45

Ah that's just great news Florent. I gotta a gree with Jamie - wisely said.

Happy working, we belive in you and your team.

Big_Al
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMUF TMN TMNF

Post by Big_Al » 13 Dec 2010 11:46

Thx for the new, Florent!

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 13 Dec 2010 12:27

few, that is a big relieve, thanks Florent (Nadeo) for listening to the community and helping us saving the things we have established over the years with lots of hard work and financial investments.

Doronskiy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by Doronskiy » 13 Dec 2010 12:44

We'll wait.

skingbr
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMN eswc/TMNF/TMUF

Post by skingbr » 13 Dec 2010 13:06

Thanks florent to let us up to date.
I don't have any problems about the freezone cuz im tmu user, but as i can see on the tmx-nations forever a lot of users are sad due the decision... here is a quote, that i find appropriate to explain what's the atmosphere:

ok i went to play tm a while ago this is what happen
i can't even open the servers to see who is in ... no response

Freezones dont have dedi records no local records and dont even an admin ..
lets supose i'm banned from a freezone server i like ? ( <- kill me if this happen) who i'm going to complain?

those servers are stupid - no fun - stupid tracks with a stupid time limit full with stupid kids

after spending some time just looking at the stupid server list i went crazy and i closed the game
i remember yesterday i went to a 40 people portuguese server and no one was portuguese

i want to play with people i want in the servers i want when i want !!!!!!!!!
if i see a friend playing i want to go right playing with him without asking what the f*ck its the server login so i can add it (in some cases my friends dont even know)
i want everytime i open a server ANY people can come in and play with me instead of just united players or friends i gave the login to join

i dont want to exit the f*ckin game to see whats the f*cking server login so i can join the f*ckin server
i just want to see the server then click the stupid open button and play it normally

if the situation doesnt change trackmania will be unistalled from my pc

sorry the rage post i had to say it
btw i need a xanax"

I hope that's the hard work you're doing atm, will keep back partially the game as it was.
The problem is not the freezone servers itself, but the way does people meets and play for records.
It seems that you aren't that much updated to know what the comunity expect with the game: fun, liberty, records and play with the clanmates, tmx friends, and so on...
The new registered players don't feel any problems, because they are not so active on the comunity and they can not immaginate how many "friends" you have after playing some years tm.

I wish you the best solution :D

DjDesidera
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by DjDesidera » 13 Dec 2010 14:19

jamie_macdonald wrote:Sounds good Florent, i will await clarifications early next year and look forward to things settling down :thumbsup:
Thanks for letting us know what is likely to be coming soon! :)
+1

Still got some questions running around but I guess I'll bury them untill things settle down indeed (every minute you read my nonsense there is precious time lost ^^).

ThankYou Florent, as I planned on being here for at least another 10 yrs.

oscarian
cyclist
cyclist

Post by oscarian » 13 Dec 2010 15:06

truth be known i've only read half of the first paragraph. but if this even means half of what it's implying, it'd be a blow to free speach.

oscarian
cyclist
cyclist

Post by oscarian » 13 Dec 2010 15:07

(ps: for those on the long sleigh tonight, i'm listening to d.d. streetjam right now, at the same time as sending them to gray,)

[edit] never mind.

/Oscarian
Last edited by oscarian on 13 Dec 2010 19:03, edited 1 time in total.