FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Jelmerholland
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Jelmerholland » 18 Dec 2010 12:09

Trackmaniack wrote: You're a one-post nut who just joined to bitch. Goodbye to you. I'm sorry to all who think I'm being rude, but people like Zooz, W1lla, Knuts, and other longtime members have a right to complain, because their opinions are valuable. And even though I will disagree with them, sometimes quite loudly, I will always respect the other members of the forum, save for those like this person here, who most likely only joined to complain about this freezone server. Which, like I said above, isn't even the end-all to Nadeo. People who are willing to do just lift a fingernail to work a little to solve their own problems would find that it's really not that hard to still get at their favorite servers. People are just lazy. :| :lovenadeo: :lovehylis :tmforever:
If you didn't even take the effort to look at my joining date of the forum... Then why would I even listen to you? I'll quote: "
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:07 pm". I'm allready playing TM for over 6 years, and If I look to your joining date, that's more then you. I just never had the reason to join the forum, to say anything here. But now, with these changes I think it's time to let NADEO hear my opinion, because they just have the right to know how people think about this descicion.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 18 Dec 2010 12:33

I don't think that it is relevant when one joined this forum or how many posts one has.
Commitment to the TM community is not measured with that.
People who don't agree with the decision have as much rights to express themselves as people who do agree, or people that don't see a problem in it.

It is important that Nadeo sees what emotions their decision has evoked, whether they are positive or negative.
That is what a forum is for.
If Nadeo didn't want to know what people think, they would have just made an announcement and closed the topic right away.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 18 Dec 2010 23:46

Look. I love nadeo. What they've done with the video gaming genre is nothing short of revolutionary. So much to the point that other racing games are taking ideas from TM and using them in other games. Before TM, the only game with a significant track editor that I've heard of was Stunts, and that was in the late 90s. And since then, there's been Crashday, Flatout, and a whole host of others. I can guarantee it's gonna be the same way with FPS and RPG genres when they release SM and QM, for sure. I'm enthusiastic to begin with. And so when I discovered TM, it was like a dream come true.

And that also explains why I react the way I do. So, Jelmerholland, you've been a part of the community since TM was released. So was I. So you've been on this board for a good long time. That's beside the point. I'm saying that if your first (and to-date, only one of two) posts were complaining about this issue, I don't see why I need to heed them.

Any other community I'm a member of (and it's a fair many), the expectation is you work your way up the community ladder through involvement, posting, etc. before you're "allowed", so to speak, to talk about the real issues. I'm a fairly new member to the Halo forums, and I wouldn't dare complain about what I see as shortcomings or failures in the Halo: Reach series, not just because it's so popular, but because I'm new. I haven't earned the reputation as having something worth saying yet.

If you have, and it seems you do as other members are telling me to shut up, I apologize. But again, it strikes me as having to only need to do a bit of work, and you're still able to access your favorite servers, as this is the key issue with the issue, to coin a phrase.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 19 Dec 2010 00:01

Bwahahaha.. Didn't read your post, because you've been talking nonsense all the time. But it brings me to the conclusion that there are many United "moaners" too. No go play on your <hide_server>2 server and we're all happy.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 20 Dec 2010 01:51

See, the issue with the freezone servers, is even with TMN being free before, a lot of the Nations players still adhered to the code of TM players, "Nonviolent, chummy, pacific driving of UNITED people all over the world, whatever their relegion, skincolor or age is," (taken from: http://tm-freezone.org/) For whatever reason, the freezone servers have attracted the /b/ of Trackmania, much more so than previous servers, be it lack of admin, frustration with Nadeo, or whatever. But I think, overall, that's good for Trackmania. Because, again, like I said, those willing to do the work, will, and will end up still racing on their favorite servers from before, and the a-holes of TM will all be relegated to one place.

kjc24
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU TMNF

Post by kjc24 » 20 Dec 2010 06:31

This is so annoying. I look at the server list and only see the freezone ****. There really needs to be an option to hide those servers and then maybe those of us who have the paid game can browse the better servers and keep the community strong.

This game seems like it's dying. All the servers in my favorites list are usually empty or have 1 or 2 people on them. This move by NADEO just hits the paying players really hard. They really couldn't care less.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 20 Dec 2010 09:11

Trackmaniack wrote:Look. I love nadeo. What they've done with the video gaming genre is nothing short of revolutionary. So much to the point that other racing games are taking ideas from TM and using them in other games. Before TM, the only game with a significant track editor that I've heard of was Stunts, and that was in the late 90s. And since then, there's been Crashday, Flatout, and a whole host of others. I can guarantee it's gonna be the same way with FPS and RPG genres when they release SM and QM, for sure. I'm enthusiastic to begin with. And so when I discovered TM, it was like a dream come true.

kjc34, I think you can talk better, but you are right that it would be better if the freezone servers were sorted differently.

at worse it will take the comeback of hosts to fix this (January if all right)
at best, we will find something that we can do. It is difficult to change the browser without a game update... I think of changing the sort function, but I am not sure.

and if I can reassure yourself, the game is not dying at all, the audience is increasing since two weeks, both free and paying version

thanks
Florent

mic95
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN TMU

Post by mic95 » 20 Dec 2010 11:46

it is unfair that us paid players cant search the severs to join with-out using the 'search' usally we could witch sever are full , good to join, similar ranks ect but now it takes about 20 pages of freezone befor we can :( any way we can not see freezone severs ( remove them from search ) if we are paid for the game?

Jelmerholland
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Jelmerholland » 20 Dec 2010 14:15

Trackmaniack wrote:Look. I love nadeo. What they've done with the video gaming genre is nothing short of revolutionary. So much to the point that other racing games are taking ideas from TM and using them in other games. Before TM, the only game with a significant track editor that I've heard of was Stunts, and that was ...

(...)

... strikes me as having to only need to do a bit of work, and you're still able to access your favourite servers, as this is the key issue with the issue, to coin a phrase.
1st of all, I don't think this is the place to discus whether I have the right to speak or not. So this will be offtopic, but I hope that the admin will understand.

You said: "So you've been on this board for a good long time."
Well, I've not. I've never ever had the reason to say anything, the fact that I play and love the game, doesn't mean I have to be a part of the forum. I think that this change matters to me, because I'm setting up a server with a good friend of mine and it's main target is people who are only having TMNF, I don't have to explain why, that's not really relevant. But the fact is that the server is near to useless with these changes, because it's an extra leap for them to add it to their favorites.

What you said here is bullshit, you said: "Any other community I'm a member of (and it's a fair many), the expectation is you work your way up the community ladder through involvement, posting, etc. before you're "allowed", so to speak, to talk about the real issues."
You don't have to work your way up high into the community before you're "allowed" to speak. To translate this to the community we LIVE in you're actually saying that an immigrant, who already lived for 6 years in this country and is completely legal, who never said anything to the government isn't allowed to vote if they want to raise the taxes in your country? I think what you just said is bullshit, you have to respect every member of the forum, unregarding if he's already a member for 10 years or just 1 week. In a normal community they will welcome you to the forum and respect your opinion.

"If you have, and it seems you do as other members are telling me to shut up, I apologize."
Apology accepted, but you just have to respect every single member unregarding what his joining date or first post is. Everybody has the right to let NADEO hear their opinion.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 20 Dec 2010 14:28

Jelmerholland wrote:I think what you just said is bullshit, you have to respect every member of the forum, unregarding if he's already a member for 10 years or just 1 week. In a normal community they will welcome you to the forum and respect your opinion.
Well, here and ONLY here have I found that to be the case. And I've been a member of a fair bit of online communities...Halo, CnC, Burnout, Star Fox, Toribash, Star Wars, and World in Conflict forums, just to name a few. And in ALL of them, the expectation is you keep your head down and don't piss off the senior members until you BECOME a senior member, be it through post count, respectable actions, a nod from the admin, whatever. ONLY in the TM-Forum was a position as nutty as mine actually able to come out into the open. So I've been able to step a little farther to the edge than I would be able to in other forums. The point still stands that it rubs me the wrong way to see people simply join here to complain, especially about a game that Nadeo is STILL providing free of charge. I don't know any other game company that does that, and doesn't make it just a little demo. I mean, TMNF is a full game...just as fleshed out as TMUF is, simply for Stadium. And so sorry if I got a little carried away. I just am of the mindset "They didn't have to do anything for us at all--but they gave us Nations for free, let's not bite the hand that feeds us" type deal. Yes, debate is fine, and disagreement is fine.

I'm not a fan of the freezone servers either. I reinstalled TMNF and poked around on there last night just to see what was going on. I was kicked once for beating the "top racer", kicked again for chatting during a race, apparently :ftw: and just simply bitched at in general. Whatever that experience was, it wasn't the TM I had come to know and love. So something needs to be done, it's true, otherwise the people that are trying out TM for free to get an experience will be turned off. But just simply giving everyone everything for free isn't the way to do it, otherwise there wouldn't be any incentive to buy TM and thus, make Nadeo more money.

That's the whole point behind this, eventually. They need to be making money so they can continue to make Maniaplanet, and other great games. LOL There's no such thing as a free lunch, not in this world.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 20 Dec 2010 14:58

Trackmaniack, you're really going way to far in this.
If you think that replying to every single post, like you do on ManiaPlanet and in this topic, gives you status and more rights than other visitors, then you're absolutely wrong.
In fact, by acting the way you do you loose all credibility and people will just scroll past your post as soon as they see that it's your avatar that is in the top corner (again).
Millions of people are playing this game and they all have their opinion on the recent changes, and they all have an equal right to express themselves.
Florent wrote: kjc34, I think you can talk better, but you are right that it would be better if the freezone servers were sorted differently.

at worse it will take the comeback of hosts to fix this (January if all right)
at best, we will find something that we can do. It is difficult to change the browser without a game update... I think of changing the sort function, but I am not sure.

and if I can reassure yourself, the game is not dying at all, the audience is increasing since two weeks, both free and paying version

thanks
Florent
Wow, it is surprising that the audience is increasing.
Maybe the complicated, widget filled servers that us "veterans" like and are used to, scare off the (with all respect) newbies because they don't understand it, and they just want to race, witch they can on the freezone servers....
That doesn't mean that the freezone servers don't need a little more surveillance tho, there really is too much bad language and to many needless banvotes going on.
I must admit that, after a week of empty servers, things are slowly getting better here, it is far from being full, but there are more players coming, i see the same thing happening in my favorite servers.
Also i see that there are less bad servers online....
There were more and more servers, a lot of them with loads of bad tracks, and bad working controllers, and thus they just ran while being empty...
That is kind of positive....
There were a lot of people who didn't know the game at all, that set up servers without much understanding on how to run them, the dedi is so easy to find, and easy tutorials are everywhere.
Maybe people that want to play with friends a bit are not setting up servers themselves anymore, but they just go to existing servers?

Jelmerholland
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Jelmerholland » 20 Dec 2010 17:51

Trackmaniack wrote: Well, here and ONLY here have I found that to be the case. And I've been a member of a fair bit of online communities...Halo, CnC, Burnout, Star Fox, Toribash, Star Wars, and World in Conflict forums, just to name a few.
Well, I'm so so sorry, I see you are having a lot of more experience on forums.On all of them you have the 'right to speak'? Well man, good job, unfortunately I have a live which results in 'not having experience' on that many forums. So please accept my apologies and enjoy my presence.

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 20 Dec 2010 22:08

@trackmaniack: You are the enlightened example of a forum dickhead that thinks he's better than everyone else, replying to every single post, and than even use this argument for it. Your personal attacking Jelmer, even though i replied at your post towards him too.

@knutselmaster: With respect towards Nadeo, but... If your government says on an event: 'There is absolutely no danger for public health', we also take this not immediately for granted. I am also in this situation. Ive never been so much online in TM as the past week, but i do not see a bit change. Even the hard numbers on ours, yours, and 7 servers of customers still see a degrade of nearly 68%. In fact, the total bandwidth of the servers reduced about 47% and is still dropping.

@Florent, I want to be positive, but the last post where so 'vague' that i have doubt in TMUF. Please do not underestimate the number of united players that gonna stop, because they like to drive stadium, and servers are not that fun anymore because of the very few players

I have been a server hoster for TM for 3 years now, and customers bought TMUF on my advise. (ex. the 10 dedicated server account that come available when buying). I will stop with my company on very short time, because there where 2 main reasons. Lot of players are able to host on there FIBER- home lines, but also that since 1 year now growing is that the age group of 8-15 has become really large. Most of this age do not buy them selfs, but are dependent on getting it from parents etc.

I have read the post where Florent said theres gonna be changes in January. (mentioned end jan) But that is too late. The freezones servers are a discraze for TM. As i was trying to get a few people to our server in the chat, and yes in a correct mannerfull way, i was first kicked, then i could **** my mother, i could die of typhus and cancer. IT HAS TO CHANGE AND IT HAS TO CHANGE NOW I am on the edges of leaving TMUF, and it really hurts. At this point a certainly first stop spending money and energy on TMUF, still hoping for a quick change.

Yours sincerely,

[LYNX] weerwolf
Clanfounder LYNX
tmfserver.com
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

byfjunarn
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMU

Post by byfjunarn » 22 Dec 2010 20:12

I have a tip for you, have two different types of the free version of TMNF, one that every time u start the game and wanna join a server you have to press an advertisement link in order to join a server, you leave a server and wanna connect to another one you need to press another ad. = Money to you guys... And i would download the ad version to simply press ads a couple of times a day just to contribute!

And one version thats just playing without ads on those damned freezone servers. Maybe this has been talked about already but anyways just a tip from me.

Havent given it much thought but from what my brain can calculate that should be possible... For example if i would have been the owner of thepiratebay (largest torrentsite in the world) i would have made ad klicks obligatory in order to download a torrent, would generate alot of cash.

I believe that solution would result in only mildly irritated people instead of people that sound practically suicidal over this...

guardmkd
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmuf
Manialink(s): ...

Post by guardmkd » 23 Dec 2010 12:44

nadeo,please add dedimania records system on freezone servers and ladder freezone server (0-60k 20-70k etc.)