FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

User avatar
Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1845
Joined: 01 Dec 2007 17:04
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Ant » 20 May 2011 22:20

The only servers that are truly affected by the introduction of the freezone are the lesser known servers - like mine :wink:

I agree though, that team servers shouldn't really be affected by this. If there has been a team with a dedicated forum, with members that know their teams servers and so on, they should always be as populated as before - the only barrier I can see is that these teams haven't taken the time to update their forums with the relevant info such as how to still gain access to the servers.

So you clan leaders out there, please stop complaining about this and focus your attentions in helping your clan members race on your servers by providing as much info as you can on your sites/forums.

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 380
Joined: 05 Apr 2007 08:09
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by tcq » 21 May 2011 07:46

Blaster72 wrote: At least these forums should explain up front before going to all the trouble of installing the game and server. No-where does it say how a TMN person can add a favourite.
I'm not sure if you are to ... to read, but what about the sticky thread in the same forum as you posted your rant in?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27325

User avatar
svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 304
Joined: 05 Dec 2009 23:30
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO
Location: Bern, CH
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by svens » 21 May 2011 09:01

Yeah, he's totally wrong. The Freezone is a huge success!

User avatar
Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Posts: 692
Joined: 16 Feb 2007 01:40
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Between DisneyLand and Paris
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Knutselmaaster » 21 May 2011 10:04

I love your irony :D
Well, freezone is not better than free game of course, but why do people find that it is their right that the game is free and without limitations?
In Holland we say "never look a given horse in the mouth", meaning, don't complain when you get something for free, take it as it comes.

User avatar
svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 304
Joined: 05 Dec 2009 23:30
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO
Location: Bern, CH
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by svens » 21 May 2011 14:18

I have no problem when someone wants to get paid for what he does. Actually, exactly the opposite is true, I don't like the "I want everything for free"-spirit.

But here that's really not the case.

User avatar
Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1845
Joined: 01 Dec 2007 17:04
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Ant » 21 May 2011 17:38

Knutselmaaster wrote: In Holland we say "never look a given horse in the mouth"
We have a similar saying in England - "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"

Means the same thing really though :wink:

josipbabok2
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 41
Joined: 10 Nov 2010 15:54
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by josipbabok2 » 22 May 2011 10:48

two words: F*** FREEZONE :grmblz:

done

CyberMan
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 May 2011 12:20
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by CyberMan » 23 May 2011 12:26

Freezone is sucks now! I`m playing TM from 2009, but this limitations gets me mad!!!

Stark Senape
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 May 2011 21:39
Owned TM-games: TMESWC

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Stark Senape » 23 May 2011 21:45

An old player signing in. Been playing since this came out. Cant remember my login or name though.


Used to love the game and wanted to try it again after 1+ years. It was promised to be free. It was SUPPORTED by adds for so long that the money was made for the purchases. The servers are for the most part hosted by the community.
And now this crap comes along.


I believe truly that the intentions are more sinister than what they let on. It's not only a way to milk money. As you have seen traffic is going down on servers and people are either quiting or buying the game but not in large enough numbers.
The freezone introduces people to the game but not the community.

This runs the risk (or if such is the intention) to ruin the reason to play Track Mania United/Nations and instead play Trackmania 2 when it comes out.

If the game was free new users might not even switch to Trackmania 2 and the community would've been alive and kicking. Just like Counter Strike 1.6 is still more popular than CSS so would Trackmania 1 be more popular than Trackmania 2.



After all e-sports, the community and various add-corporations have done for this company I believe this freezone thing was far to low to sink.

I'm sure not to buy any of your products for quite some time because of this.

Jackel wrote:only thing that can be suggested is look for TM2 when it comes out.

this game popularity has gone downthe drain with the creation of the freezone servers.

Case and point. :3 :cry:

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 173
Joined: 06 Oct 2007 23:17
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Frostbeule » 23 May 2011 23:51

Stark Senape wrote:An old player signing in. Been playing since this came out. Cant remember my login or name though.


Used to love the game and wanted to try it again after 1+ years. It was promised to be free. It was SUPPORTED by adds for so long that the money was made for the purchases. The servers are for the most part hosted by the community.
And now this crap comes along.


I believe truly that the intentions are more sinister than what they let on. It's not only a way to milk money. As you have seen traffic is going down on servers and people are either quiting or buying the game but not in large enough numbers.
The freezone introduces people to the game but not the community.

This runs the risk (or if such is the intention) to ruin the reason to play Track Mania United/Nations and instead play Trackmania 2 when it comes out.

If the game was free new users might not even switch to Trackmania 2 and the community would've been alive and kicking. Just like Counter Strike 1.6 is still more popular than CSS so would Trackmania 1 be more popular than Trackmania 2.



After all e-sports, the community and various add-corporations have done for this company I believe this freezone thing was far to low to sink.

I'm sure not to buy any of your products for quite some time because of this.
that's a decent theory you're making there :/ as a big esports fan myself i really do hope that the legacy that has been created over the years for Nations wont be harmed because of TM2/freezone. i can just speak for myself but there's really no indications that i personally will switch over. ill try out TM2, but i will most likely only play it as a casual game, and i think other esports involved people will do the same. time will tell what intentions Nadeo/Ubisoft will have i suppose. but if you are right, i think they are perhaps a bit too naive in thinking everyone will just switch over just like that. it seems like many fail to realize that Trackmania is really a divided community, and that we like different things. the United crowd sees Nations as a demo/part of a full game. while the Nations/esports crowd - such as I - see Nations as the main game, and the other United envs as bonus material. TM2 seems directed to the United crowd to me.

User avatar
L3cKy
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 138
Joined: 05 Sep 2007 13:55
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): woa
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by L3cKy » 08 Jun 2011 15:44

Freezone is the worst thing ever ... i mean ... Nadeo forces with this decision peoples to buy United and the "normal" serverowners must set up a Freezone to have peoples on thier Server ... exept those who have the server already in the favorites.
Many peoples i know just stopped to play the game because of this ... and i promise ... more will follow when Nadeo dont find another solution ...


Please Nadeo ... dont give up find a solution and keep the community together ...

KwS
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Dec 2010 19:03
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by KwS » 08 Jun 2011 19:20

You can still add favourites ...
Me
You

Us
Him
Her

Them

That is a community.

Badwolf2
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 15
Joined: 23 Oct 2008 04:01
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Badwolf2 » 15 Jun 2011 05:02

Well it's now middle of June 2011, and well is it 6-7 months since the freezone was forced upon us. What has changed, well a lot of private servers have closed down because nobody goes to them anymore. We, the BR Clan, Have gone from 7 servers to One, again because nobody races on them anymore. A lot of our clan members have given the game away because they don't want to race on the Freezone servers and are not tech savie enough to search for the the other servers. And we are not alone in this, i have seen many other clans who also had several servers either close down all or most of there servers, for the same reason as us, and also loose members.
We went from having one of the biggest member pools in Australia to having only about 5 active members now ( and a few of those are mumbling about leaving). So with all that in mind the freezone experiment was just a huge success...... :roll:
TM2 was talked about Months and Months ago but still have not seen or heard about any confirmed release date. people are just not going to stick around forever, Nadeo are really going to have to do something big to get it's member base back anywhere near where it was and i think they are going to struggle. :pil

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 380
Joined: 05 Apr 2007 08:09
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by tcq » 16 Jun 2011 08:15

Badwolf2 wrote:A lot of our clan members have given the game away because they don't want to race on the Freezone servers and are not tech savie enough to search for the the other servers.
Just don't see a problem here.
If they are in your clan you probably have a homepage or a forum?
Then it shouldn't be so hard to create a list with links to the different server, by using the addfavourite function and simply join the server. And if you have at least one person in your clan which has an united account, he should easily be able to get this login list together.
Badwolf2 wrote:TM2 was talked about Months and Months ago but still have not seen or heard about any confirmed release date. people are just not going to stick around forever, Nadeo are really going to have to do something big to get it's member base back anywhere near where it was and i think they are going to struggle.
To answer this
Don't panic, it's rolling :thumbsup:
Hylis @7. Jun 2011 wrote: And I go back to prepare the beta since we have work to do before the release in September :)
Cheers
Florent

Badwolf2
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 15
Joined: 23 Oct 2008 04:01
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Badwolf2 » 16 Jun 2011 09:28

@tcq
The point is though is that there is an issue, clans are closing down servers because nobody is driving on them anymore, and a lot more are sitting empty, which is good in a way I have a couple of servers i play on that were always full and so hard to get onto. Now though I can get on whenever I want, but it's damn lonely driving by myself. :pil :?
Now don't get me wrong i'm looking forward to tm2, (should have been released last year or earlier), but there is an issue with the current setup or else people would not be having to close servers and people would still be driving on the servers.

Post Reply