FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Ant » 09 Dec 2010 22:20

This also means links between servers no longer work for nations players (it will ask for a password) which is a bit unfair in my opinion. I bought this game quite a while ago now after trying the free version, and if it had been like this back then, I doubt I would have bothered buying it.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 09 Dec 2010 22:22

Why not use a 1 euro for 30 days trial so players can still play on other servers.

That makes 12 euro each year.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU(F),TMN(F)
Manialink(s): xai

Post by xai » 09 Dec 2010 22:23

I'm making another post because I think some people are missing the point: Yes, I agree with Nadeo that if they need the money, they have to do something.

But the problem with the way they do it now isn't the costs that Trackmania fans have to make, which is only like 20 euros, it is the fact that new players won't be very tempted to buy United when playing on the freezone servers, since the tracks on these, well, I'm sorry to say: they suck.

The solution Nadeo SHOULD offer is maybe having the server owners pay to show up between the freezone servers. This way Nadeo earns their money, and the players are happy too. Only the server owners have to pay some extra, but since the server owners are usually big trackmania fans they won't have THAT big a problem with it.

Or you could use the solution in my signature, but that one isn't ideal
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Krscho
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by Krscho » 09 Dec 2010 22:24

This is a suicide decision couse over 70% players will STOP playing this game couse of this, becouse they play TMNF becouse it is free

pokwuk
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: (TMN(F),TMO,(TM(U)

Post by pokwuk » 09 Dec 2010 22:26

I think we must realize that the biggest problem is not why you cant join this or that server , or why you have less Favorite servers , or why you have to play on a crap server with no record system.

But , here is one the questions , what about hosting company's ? Most or 99% of them use TMNF accounts to host servers , will Nadeo provide that ? What about those which paid for a year server , and now they see them self's with no server nor money ?

What about those that spent time , money , etc to set their servers up , and with no notice time they see their work going down ? Ok easy buy TMU Acc and thats solved , but the game was supposed to be free , not SEMI-PAID game ....

I have a TMU acc , im not affected at all , but the problem is my friends, they do not own a TMU ...

Also , could we have something like tmtp://#Removefavourite=serverlogin ?

PS : How can you add a server to the favourite if you cant join the server ?

Hotrod
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Hotrod » 09 Dec 2010 22:26

@xai: should I pay to provide a service that nadeo makes money on? Im paying for server, time, and internet access already. dingbat.

NPC Black
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by NPC Black » 09 Dec 2010 22:27

I wrote it

tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 09 Dec 2010 22:29

Is it possible that if a nations player is already playing on a non freezone server (from their favourites list) and they click a link from within that server to join another server - that it will work, or at least send a message saying this server is added to your favourites, please access it from there ?

NPC Black
cyclist
cyclist

Post by NPC Black » 09 Dec 2010 22:32

not by zero switch

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 09 Dec 2010 22:34

I know its not working now, I'm asking if Nadeo can change this system so at least that will work.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 09 Dec 2010 22:35

w1lla wrote:Why not use a 1 euro for 30 days trial so players can still play on other servers.

That makes 12 euro each year.
small transactions are complicated to handle, and we still sell the game, not the online service. the game can be bought for 9.90 euros for three months (with all access to all environments)

Seismic
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Seismic » 09 Dec 2010 22:35

cmon Florent(we all love you cuz you and the other nadeo team members have made this whole game possible)

but this is as if: someone deleted half my friends on my facebook/skype/msn (or whatever ) account

PLEASE NADEO:Give known servers some slack

dont just close all ports

i am sorry but that would not be Forever

jokey
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TM2

Post by jokey » 09 Dec 2010 22:35

I'm all for it if Server Admins pay something to be listed for nations people as well, could make an interesting new ecosystem I'm willing to support.

Yet, just pulling the plug is too harsh... Looks like after many successful years, my clan won't get new members playing (quite a bunch of them I payed a license after they deemed right to be in as a sidenote)...

Deckard Cain
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Deckard Cain » 09 Dec 2010 22:36

The more I think about it, the more angry i get.

Why oh why did you NOT ask the competitive community for feedback or input to your ideas before you rushed ahead and made this update.

If you just ASK first, we could have given you so much information about the impact of this change that you clearly have not thought of yourself!
-----------------------------
If you plan to get new players hooked on TM, and eventually buy the game you have to make something about the Freezone server tracks.

On the dirt server the quality of the tracks is pathetic. It is utterly, utterly crap tracks you present there.

And once in a while you throw in a great track from a well-known author which you have "borrowed" from TMX.

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Flint » 09 Dec 2010 22:38

Florent,

Is it possible for Nadeo to contact Fullgames magazine again and renew the contract? I don't know how we'll keep the game alive here. Most people don't have an international credit card and the currency conversion would increase the price by 3 times.

I'd say the game is currently inaccessible in Brazil.