FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

dazzy65
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Re: FREEZONE

Post by dazzy65 » 10 Dec 2010 00:09

azkme wrote:I guess this is game over?

I actually thought about purchasing TM:U when the price would drop (which never happened), but even when I have a TM:U account, 2 out of 3 people I know ingame won't be able to play with me anymore.

It's a sad thing how this comes to an end!

This is raping a lot of clans out there, including mine :!: :(
here is who it affects from ANE

yep
theo,
sirA,
Charlie,
leandros,
yoshi,
Dahl,
Alone,
Elano,
messi,
Thrash,
Manis,
skillz
shizzo0,
xtreme,
Gilby

that is NOT Good :/ GG Nadeo
UK ESL Head Admin
ANE Admin

Cassis
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF

Post by Cassis » 10 Dec 2010 00:11

Deadlock wrote:Guess TMNF actually stands for TrackMania Not Forever
Yes I guess

ingyom007
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by ingyom007 » 10 Dec 2010 00:16

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH Hey guys lets make a free game!!! And when a lot of people use it make a FREEZONE mode where they can use our own lame maps and if they want to play with this 2year old game on the "free" servers lets force them to pay for this FREE game about 30EUROS HAHAHAH!!!!!!! I think that this freezone will be useless because there are MANY BETTER GAMES what can i play on free mode "cracked version" :) And also i can play on your crap FREEZONE servers..... why do you wait 2 years with this rapacious movement?

I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD S.U.C.K. MY BALLS HAHAHHA

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Flint » 10 Dec 2010 00:22

ingyom007 why don't you play NFS then? EA charges a huge ammount for a game that will last for 1 year (then they create another cheap game) and shut down the servers after a few years. At least they're giving us an option.. after 6 years of free play of a perfect game.

Flaming the company is ridiculous, sorry.

ingyom007
highway camper
highway camper

Post by ingyom007 » 10 Dec 2010 00:35

NFS :D:D:D This is funny :D I think you know the Rfactor. The Rfactor is lot better than any NFS games and i can play for free on multiplayer mode! I like trackmania this is a great arcade racing game but i have never heard a dumb thing like the FREEZONE :D:D A lot of people bought this game when it was totally free i dont know why they made this bad solution to make themself more money.... They wont get more money i am sure :D

lolsmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: tmunitedforever

Post by lolsmurf » 10 Dec 2010 00:37

You developed this game.

We players made this game as it is right now. Years off development in tracks, xaseco and free servers etc. has boosted YOUR game!

Years off development from private players!!!!!

Now you can run own servers, where those tracks are downloaded from trackmania exchange and no rankingsystem at all.

In fact you are right now abusing developers rights using these tracks on your free zone servers.

What about all those developers will aks you € 30,00 for using their tracks? Would you pay for that, I asume not!

Be fair and use only your crappy NADEO tracks on those free zone servers, and see how "your" servers right now will be emptied, like ours right now!

My proposition to all developers of tracks is:

REMOVE YOUR TRACKS FROM TRACKMANIA EXCHANGE!!!!

So NADEO can't use them, to populate their servers!!!!!

Bramble
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Bramble » 10 Dec 2010 00:39

Well, I didn't expect this to happen, but some of the responses here are exactly what I expected. If you want to keep playing the game how you used to, thne fork out the few pounds that it costs to do so. It's not unreasonable to expect a company to want some money after playing for free for 6 years...

It seems that Nadeo's arm was twisted in a way. You can't run games for free with no advertising. When things cease to be economically viable theny something has to change. Ubisoft won't stand by and watch their investment die because they want to let people play for free.

People say that the players have boosted the game etc. What good is that if no one pays for it? That doesn't help at all.

Go Nadeo!

Cheers,

A grumpy old man.

lolsmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by lolsmurf » 10 Dec 2010 00:47

That was NADEO's intention a free game for all!

Don't abuse it!

We will lose about 50 players a day!

49000 diffferent unique users since we started! 2.5 years ago!

Now you want them to play on free zone servers????

2.5 years off development!!!!

Seems you abuse right now our time in development.

Yeah i have TM United Forever, but lot off players between 10 and 18 can't buy the game!

And the game is not available in shops, only online!

How you think a 10 year old child can buy the game online?????

Idiots!

Flint
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Flint » 10 Dec 2010 00:48

ingyom007 wrote:A lot of people bought this game when it was totally free
No. People bought TMU, no one bought TMN when it was free because oh well.. it was free.

And even if they had made a lot of money with TMU.. it takes more than what they made to keep a game alive for that long.

And to be honest.. what's the point in complaining? Let's show some gratitude and nice ideas instead of complaining and flaming the company. If there's a solution for it, trust me, it's not by offending them.

Now lolsmurf brought an interesting point. For years the ingame content was populated by players, for free. I think we can say at least 50% of this community would have left the game years ago if the content were limited to what was originally offered.

We have good tracks, good servers... everything created by players, for free. Maybe this discussion should've involved more people, even tho we know it's Nadeo's final decision, for it also affects our effort, our time.

Maybe reducing TMU price a little bit would help us digest what's going on now, and would also show us some gratitude. Those thousands of players were not brought here by ingame ads.. they were brought here by the community and what it had to offer.

lolsmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by lolsmurf » 10 Dec 2010 00:52

Flint wrote:
ingyom007 wrote:A lot of people bought this game when it was totally free
No. People bought TMU, no one bought TMN when it was free because oh well.. it was free.

And even if they had made a lot of money with TMU.. it takes more than what they made to keep a game alive for that long.

And to be honest.. what's the point in complaining? Let's show some gratitude and nice ideas instead of complaining and flaming the company. If there's a solution for it, trust me, it's not by offending them.

Now lolsmurf brought an interesting point. For years the ingame content was populated by players, for free. I think we can say at least 50% of this community would have left the game years ago if the content were limited to what was originally offered.

We have good tracks, good servers... everything created by players, for free. Maybe this discussion should've involved more people, even tho we know it's Nadeo's final decision, for it also affects our effort, our time.

Maybe reducing TMU price a little bit would help us digest what's going on now, and would also show us some gratitude. Those thousands of players were not brought here by ingame ads.. they were brought here by the community and what it had to offer.
How can children by this game online!!!!! You never thought about that!

Fix it, now!

Flint
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Flint » 10 Dec 2010 00:55

The same way children buy icecream.. playstation 3 and guitar hero. "daddy, I want that!"

If when you were young you only had stuff you could buy yourself ... you must've had a very miserable childhood ahhaha sorry.. just kidding. I get your point, but I never liked all those kids anyway.

lolsmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by lolsmurf » 10 Dec 2010 00:57

Flint wrote:The same way children buy icecream.. playstation 3 and guitar hero. "daddy, I want that!"

If when you were young you only had stuff you could buy yourself ... you had a very miserable childhood ahhaha sorry.. just kidding. I get your point.
Sorry, but NADEO had an idea, let us make this game before this X-mas not free anymore, so parents have to buy it as soon as possible.

One big commercial ripoff!

artishow
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by artishow » 10 Dec 2010 00:57

You said that you didn't want harsh, but what do you expect seriously?

You didn't warn the community about it. So that's normal there is harsh cause the decision bring some sad news.

You have created the best free game of racing, many people I guess more than 80% joined this game because they searched for free online games and didn't want to spend more than 40€ for a simple game.

I can understand that you need money and the decision from microsoft is tough but we need to find solution together, now, and quickly!

If it stays like it is the community is running to the end.

Trackmania Nation Forever is very great for the competition and many players have the free version, this will kill relays and others like some people said it will destroy competitions :s like so much new team.

The fact is with this decision you probably won't get some good returns because so many people will become pointed.

And it's very sad news for eSport in TMNF and newcomers in Trackmania.

Flint
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Flint » 10 Dec 2010 00:59

lolsmurf wrote:
Flint wrote:The same way children buy icecream.. playstation 3 and guitar hero. "daddy, I want that!"

If when you were young you only had stuff you could buy yourself ... you had a very miserable childhood ahhaha sorry.. just kidding. I get your point.
Sorry, but NADEO had an idea, let us make this game before this X-mas not free anymore, so parents have to buy it as soon as possible.

One big commercial ripoff!
Well.. TMU is cheaper than Guitar Hero =P .. actually.. you can't buy a pair of shoes with 30 bucks..

Sorry.. I'm not taking it that serious.. Come on, people just have to learn to find logins at dedimania website.. and using the favorites option.. what's so hard in that ?

lolsmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by lolsmurf » 10 Dec 2010 01:03

TO ALL TRACK DEVELOPERS, REMOVE YOUR TRACKS FROM TRACKMANIA EXCHANGE!!!!!