FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Re: FREEZONE

Post by jamie_macdonald » 09 Dec 2010 19:08

@frost: I use it to keep an eye on team servers. I guess it will need to be used for competition for now,

there will be a better way in the end i'm sure. we just have to wait it out and workaround the problem as best we can.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 09 Dec 2010 19:10

you can add a favorite with one click

if most people in competition, since they all have a computer that runs 3D game, does not really care about buying a paying account, it is a little sad. Competition means quite an engagement. Some players even travel the world to play ^_^

for your information, 91% of players have a united account at least in the top 1000 of the ladder.

JWH
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by JWH » 09 Dec 2010 19:13

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Today Slovakia will play against France in the LB Semi Finals of the Nations Cup and by this SuDDEN change this whole match is basically ruined. Slovakia will miss atleast 3 players of their main lineup and I have yet to speak to the French captain about this.
Another very UNFAIR thing is that we ( YoYoTECH ) own several servers ( dedicated ) and some of my players can't even join those.

I understand the problem that you face with Microsoft cancelling their advertisements, but why did you have to push this through in a day out of nowhere? I am sure if this was delayed for a month and you setup a service where players could buy keys for a reasonable price, players would stick around. I am myself a paying player because it's worth it but those that haven't had a reason to yet can now still adapt to the new system. Currently you are just ruining the eSport side as teams will fall apart and teams in the Semi Finals of the STC and NC's will be compromised.

Another thing that is ruined now are Relay servers which people use to watch top matches on. There is a decent number of spectators that are OUTSIDERS and not 'die-hard' players. These now can't join the relays to watch great matches anymore, and casters will need to take measures too. This is one thing that helps spreading the TM name on eSport websites but that part has gone down the drain now.

jofo
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmnf

Post by jofo » 09 Dec 2010 19:14

what is there to gain from doing this? you will loose 60% of all players at least

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 09 Dec 2010 19:14

We understand the problem Florent, but don't come up with a quote of 91% of players have United. The top1000-ladder isn't the community. If you think that, then you have misunderstood the community TOTALLY.
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Zengo
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Zengo » 09 Dec 2010 19:14

I dont think a cutdown for free players is a bad idea, since the only reason i bought TMUF was because it would be the easiest way to do something for the team. But this is too drastic, cutting off all servers and replace them by crowded ones will cause everyone too leave instead of get everyone to buy TMUF,

And then at least increase the maximum amount of favourites, 5 servers wont do the job.

TMNF has quite a reputation for being the most played/best free racing game after all.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Dec 2010 19:19

This favourites thing is going to be an usability disaster for tournaments, although maybe that is required to keep player numbers down... I think there should be some sort of exempt status or alternative option just for competition servers, otherwise this is going to kill the competitive aspect of TMN even more.

And obviously relay servers should be included in this exception as well, otherwise, what is even the point? They mostly exist to bring tournaments to a wide audience who might not even play the game.

JWH
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by JWH » 09 Dec 2010 19:21

A thing to add to the favourites list, it's bugged for quite some players including myself. I can add as many servers I want ( TMU account ) but it stays empty.

It was also suggested to a player that has a match with Slovakia this evening, but he got the same problem.

Zengo
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by Zengo » 09 Dec 2010 19:22

It loads very slow here as well, but after trying a few times it works.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 09 Dec 2010 19:22

lille79 wrote:We understand the problem Florent, but don't come up with a quote of 91% of players have United. The top1000-ladder isn't the community. If you think that, then you have misunderstood the community TOTALLY.
lille79

I don't say that. I say that since some players say that the majority if competitive players comes use the free version, it is "strange" to see that when a player wants to have the paying version (for example because he likes the ladder) there is a great deal of chance that he succeeds

I know that the ladder != from the community. FYI, I have assisted at maybe six international esport events, and posted thousands of messages in the community since 7 years. cheers.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Dec 2010 19:23

The ladder comparison is pointless also because United players get more ladder points on the United environments than anyone can get on Stadium. Of course they are going to dominate it.

Dec
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Dec » 09 Dec 2010 19:23

I am absolutely certain that we are witnessing the downfall of TMN:F in eSports as we know it :( Still, you had to do what you had to do!

Arni
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMN, TMNF

Post by Arni » 09 Dec 2010 19:25

Zooz wrote:[...] otherwise this is going to kill the competitive aspect of TMN even more.

The competitive aspect is already killed. just look at the problems caused by this to the NC, STC, ESL. And apart from this: Most players buy TMU because they tested the REAL TMNF before. And not this miniversion.
Bullracing! Arni

goenisch
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMN

Post by goenisch » 09 Dec 2010 19:26

the worst decision ever !!!

you will destroy the whole Nations Community !!!

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 09 Dec 2010 19:28

Lille i umderstand the fustration. But accusing these guys of not understanding the very community they have served for so long os a bit unfounded and a little un-thankful.

Patience dude, it wont be like this for too long.

I wonder if admob or google ads could be incorporated to solve the issue? I presume they are on the case if possible...

Alternatively, we the community could build a pledge thread, where we promise to buy a copy of tmuf so they can afford to remove the restriction? 8)