FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 380
Joined: 05 Apr 2007 08:09
Location: Germany

Re: FREEZONE

Post by tcq » 12 Dec 2010 15:13

weerwolf1 wrote:Excuse me Flint, But he has the same right to express his mind here just like you !
For sure, but i totally agree with Flint.
You got around 15 pages with new created tm-forum accounts during the last 2-3 days which are only created to announce of the world of trackmania. This are exactly the type of "construcitve" posts we need here. Just try to think about the good thing(you can play the game as you did it before. It's just a bit more tricky now with switching servers over the addfav. function), not about the bad side (if it can be called bad to pay a little money for a game you had such an awesome time with and show a little respect to the the team which made this possible).

As i wrote in the other thread.
Florent wrote:it is something that is quite requested since two days: some sort of a license that you can acquire with coppers for a >server< to be visible in the freezone. I add to this that we can give coppers to players who convert nations player to united, and we may have a solution to make player's servers into the freezone, but with the purpose of sustaining a little more the system on which they are running.
I think this sounds like a very nice proposal.
What about allowing a limited number of servers of a higher rank limit (additional to the fee, that should be paidto get into the zone the normal fee to get a ranked server 60-90 and stadium only RoCs) get into the freezone, so that free players can see that there is a ladder competition outside the normal TMNF? If this players get their points and join such a server, they can get a message like
" if you buy united, you get a high variety of high ranked ladder servers and the possibility to play against the best players AND gain more points in new environments".
Just my two cents. This could maybe work, but then the numbers of higher ranked servers should be strictly limited (to get a reason to buy the full game) and see how much fun it can be to drive rounds/cup/tournament mode and fight with other players for places.

User avatar
Jelle Mees
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 274
Joined: 02 May 2006 08:49
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Location: Belgium ( Limburg )
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Jelle Mees » 12 Dec 2010 15:14

Flint wrote:You guys mind if I ask you something?

First, there are 40 pages of complaints, we don't need any more complaints here. Everyone knows 90% of the community is sad, mad, whatever.

Second, if you want to give up, just give up! It's not my problem and I don't give a damn about it. Don't come here just to say you're leaving the game, because that won't change anything. They won't change what was done because you're leaving and that WON'T help us find another solution.

So if you're mad, go out for a walk but don't spam on this forum. There's people here who really want to help and find another way so we can all keep playing.

This post would have only 10 pages of constructive messages if it wasn't for people like you! And I bet we'd have much more attention from Nadeo if they didn't have to read the same crap over and over again.
For someoene who complains about the whining from others you sure do whine a lot yourself. There is nothing rong with people complaining. I think every server-admin has the right to be seriously pissed off! Don't tell other people what they can or can not say. I'll tell you to shut up yourself but something tells me you're not going to like that either...
ImageImage
Image

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 37
Joined: 03 Apr 2008 07:22
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Flint » 12 Dec 2010 15:17

Jelle Mees wrote:
Flint wrote:You guys mind if I ask you something?

First, there are 40 pages of complaints, we don't need any more complaints here. Everyone knows 90% of the community is sad, mad, whatever.

Second, if you want to give up, just give up! It's not my problem and I don't give a damn about it. Don't come here just to say you're leaving the game, because that won't change anything. They won't change what was done because you're leaving and that WON'T help us find another solution.

So if you're mad, go out for a walk but don't spam on this forum. There's people here who really want to help and find another way so we can all keep playing.

This post would have only 10 pages of constructive messages if it wasn't for people like you! And I bet we'd have much more attention from Nadeo if they didn't have to read the same crap over and over again.
For someoene who complains about the whining from others you sure do whine a lot yourself. There is nothing rong with people complaining. I think every server-admin has the right to be seriously pissed off! Don't tell other people what they can or can not say. I'll tell you to shut up yourself but something tells me you're not going to like that either...
Put yourself in Florent´s place for a second, reading a msg saying: I´m leaving the game.. bye.. Nadeo sux.. bla bla bla.

I bet you´d be really excited about fixing the game for these kind of people.. I joined this discussion on page 40.. with ideas. I don´t think anyone here care about my feelings and I surely don´t care about theirs.. let´s focus on the topic..

User avatar
Jelle Mees
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 274
Joined: 02 May 2006 08:49
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Location: Belgium ( Limburg )
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Jelle Mees » 12 Dec 2010 15:26

Flint wrote:
Jelle Mees wrote:
Flint wrote:You guys mind if I ask you something?

First, there are 40 pages of complaints, we don't need any more complaints here. Everyone knows 90% of the community is sad, mad, whatever.

Second, if you want to give up, just give up! It's not my problem and I don't give a damn about it. Don't come here just to say you're leaving the game, because that won't change anything. They won't change what was done because you're leaving and that WON'T help us find another solution.

So if you're mad, go out for a walk but don't spam on this forum. There's people here who really want to help and find another way so we can all keep playing.

This post would have only 10 pages of constructive messages if it wasn't for people like you! And I bet we'd have much more attention from Nadeo if they didn't have to read the same crap over and over again.
For someoene who complains about the whining from others you sure do whine a lot yourself. There is nothing rong with people complaining. I think every server-admin has the right to be seriously pissed off! Don't tell other people what they can or can not say. I'll tell you to shut up yourself but something tells me you're not going to like that either...
Put yourself in Florent´s place for a second, reading a msg saying: I´m leaving the game.. bye.. Nadeo sux.. bla bla bla.

I bet you´d be really excited about fixing the game for these kind of people.. I joined this discussion on page 40.. with ideas. I don´t think anyone here care about my feelings and I surely don´t care about theirs.. let´s focus on the topic..
You act as iff they were not prepared for these reactions. Do you actually think that Florent thaught "pretty sure that all server-admins will clap their hands and sing Hallelujah once we announce this". Come on. The only reason why this game is so popular is because server-admins all over the world try to keep an active and creative community and Nadeo expects to earn money by screwing over server-admins?
ImageImage
Image

Doronskiy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 22
Joined: 11 Nov 2010 22:14
Owned TM-games: TMU
Location: Russia, Moscow
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Doronskiy » 12 Dec 2010 15:28

All owners of servers: a look at my idea: tmtp://#join=com2gether.ru
Maybe this makes sense?
Image
Image

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 37
Joined: 03 Apr 2008 07:22
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Flint » 12 Dec 2010 15:29

Jelle,

I don´t know. Ask them. I´m here trying to find alternatives so they don´t "screw" with server admins, while some server admins like you are wasting your time just complaining.

And dude, I don´t want to talk to you. I don´t care about your situation as you don´t care about mine, that´s why I´m not sharing it with you. If you want just to chat and have something to flood with your frustration create yourself a blog, a twitter! We´re trying to use this space for something USEFUL.

If you still want to complain about your life to me.. add me to your msn.. xqflint@hotmail.com .. there I can let you talk without annoying everyone else here.. because they don´t want to read this discussion.

User avatar
lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 881
Joined: 09 Dec 2007 15:04
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by lille79 » 12 Dec 2010 15:39

@flint: We all can try to be helpfull and usefull, and to see people complain that they've played two years without paying a cent after registering on the forum 2 minutes earlier is frustrating to see. But to say that admins working for 5 years with forums and servers being told to just quit rather than express their opinion isn't alright. If every admin that is negative at the moment just shut down their servers, and didn't let their frustration out somewhere, online-TM would be 90% gone tomorrow, and you know it.
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

User avatar
DjDesidera
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 29
Joined: 19 Dec 2009 18:12
Owned TM-games: TMU
Location: Cloud 9
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by DjDesidera » 12 Dec 2010 15:44

Flint wrote:If you want to express your mind, go to a shrink. We´re here to discuss solutions..

There is nothing constructive in complaining and letting everyone know you quit the game.. it´s just a waste of everyone´s time and time is something must of us here can´t afford wasting. But if you like these kind of messages, ask him to PM you with it.
Really?
May i remember U off the first Topic-post?
Flint: "We´re here to discuss solutions.."
*Florent: "In order to adapt to the new situation, Nadeo has decided to make an evolution on the way players get access to the online servers."
**note: They have decided and are not asking us to solve things.
--
Flint": "If you want to express your mind, go to a shrink."
*Florent: "Looking forward to your comments
Florent
Nadeo Managing Director"
**note: no note necassary.
Image

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 37
Joined: 03 Apr 2008 07:22
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Flint » 12 Dec 2010 15:47

We all have the right to complain about anything we want, but the way we do it can be either constructive or destructive. And that´s being repeated constantly through 40 pages.
I´m an admin too.. ESWC and WCG admin since 2005. This year I joined ESL team.
Besides that I have my own team and 3 servers I pay for.

I can be just as frustrated as anyone here.. or maybe even more because this game was actually paying me for my work! But how constructive would it be for me to come here, let everyone know that, say that I´m disappointed and I´ll quit the game? Those things you do with your firends on MSN.. To find something usefull they´ll have to keep rolling back pages trying to find something in the middle of the useless complaints.

If every admin that is unhappy decided to close their servers, other servers would become popular. Just like TMN started.. with no servers.. and every time a server shut down, others came. This looks like blackmail to me and it´s strange to me that you´re supporting that.

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 37
Joined: 03 Apr 2008 07:22
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Flint » 12 Dec 2010 15:50

DjDesidera wrote:
Flint wrote:If you want to express your mind, go to a shrink. We´re here to discuss solutions..

There is nothing constructive in complaining and letting everyone know you quit the game.. it´s just a waste of everyone´s time and time is something must of us here can´t afford wasting. But if you like these kind of messages, ask him to PM you with it.
Really?
May i remember U off the first Topic-post?
Flint: "We´re here to discuss solutions.."
*Florent: "In order to adapt to the new situation, Nadeo has decided to make an evolution on the way players get access to the online servers."
**note: They have decided and are not asking us to solve things.
--
Flint": "If you want to express your mind, go to a shrink."
*Florent: "Looking forward to your comments
Florent
Nadeo Managing Director"
**note: no note necassary.
Yeah.. then you can read the rest of the 40 pages which seems you didnt, and find all those messages saying: we need constructive ideas.
Oh.. and they also came from Florent. Looks like you´re one of these guys I mentioned.. you read the first topic and decided to cry.

User avatar
Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 2124
Joined: 05 Sep 2005 17:51
Owned TM-games: ALL
Location: TraxicoLand (Fr)
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Slig » 12 Dec 2010 15:58

DjDesidera wrote:Flint: "We´re here to discuss solutions.."
*Florent: "In order to adapt to the new situation, Nadeo has decided to make an evolution on the way players get access to the online servers."
**note: They have decided and are not asking us to solve things.
Perhaps that you should at least read all Hylis' posts in FreeZone related topics ?

Since thursday, Nadeo has relaxed several things, increasing the number of favorite servers, permitting direct #join of hidden servers, considering the idea to permit servers in list for coppers, and some other ideas. And it was not because of "i will leave" posts, but because of some constructive and reasonable posts.

If you want to make "i will leave" posts or such (perhaps just to show that many are not happy of the current state, why not), then concentrate them in a specific topic. Nadeo will see them too, and it will avoid to polluting the topics where some are trying to find solutions to get better compromises, making risk that Nadeo miss some of the interesting ones.

Doronskiy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 22
Joined: 11 Nov 2010 22:14
Owned TM-games: TMU
Location: Russia, Moscow
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Doronskiy » 12 Dec 2010 16:02

You **** flood lit here and no one wants to speak on the topic. No one was can I link. I must here take screenshots? I'm wasting my time .. My idea is the entrance to the hidden server from the game
Image
Image

rcc4
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Dec 2010 21:38
Owned TM-games: TMF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by rcc4 » 12 Dec 2010 16:04

I do not understand why Nadeo fool the players? Ubisoft policy on output TM2 clear. I do not want will not buy products Ubisoft, and recommend it to everybody

Flint
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 37
Joined: 03 Apr 2008 07:22
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Flint » 12 Dec 2010 16:17

Doronskiy wrote:You **** flood lit here and no one wants to speak on the topic. No one was can I link. I must here take screenshots? I'm wasting my time .. My idea is the entrance to the hidden server from the game
It still asks for a password.. just tried. Where is the sv located ?

Doronskiy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 22
Joined: 11 Nov 2010 22:14
Owned TM-games: TMU
Location: Russia, Moscow
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Doronskiy » 12 Dec 2010 16:20

If you use TMNF - need to add the server to your favorites. But only one server! Will continue to be much more interesting.

Zonepath: Russia - Moscow - com2gether
http://com2gether.ru/10293847.png
Image
Image

Post Reply