FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Hotrod
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Hotrod » 09 Dec 2010 20:13

Versnellingspook wrote:
giu wrote:But the community made this game what it is, and the community provides FREE SERVERS to all players and Nadeo now wants to charge people money for playing on FREE SERVERS! Now what if all administrators would decide to take all their FREE SERVERS offline? Will Nadeo provide servers to all players that fullfill their needs? I guess not...
That's a very good point, maybe even a solution!
Well thats right - I got 4 successfull servers - (btw that i cant access now) so the logic thing to do is to take them offline.
Last edited by Hotrod on 09 Dec 2010 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 09 Dec 2010 20:13

Haxie&Lolo: :thumbsup:
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 09 Dec 2010 20:16

Florent wrote: We need to adapt the freezone. Before it was between United and Nations servers. Now it will be between free servers and and paying servers. But these servers will evolve and may become handled by players.
So we can pay for servers to have Nations-players connect?
/lille79
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

goenisch
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMN

Post by goenisch » 09 Dec 2010 20:18

lol^^

hotrod is right,,.. it' s very bad if you have successful servers... and cant join them all..
for example zero....
a nations player cant even join the clan servers!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Dec 2010 20:19

Please stop spamming this thread with shitty 4chan meme images! It's me deleting them, not Florent. I don't disagree with them but the level of stupid is hurting my eyes.

Versnellingspook
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by Versnellingspook » 09 Dec 2010 20:19

Quick question, is ESWC still free and has servers?

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 09 Dec 2010 20:21

lille79 wrote:
Florent wrote: We need to adapt the freezone. Before it was between United and Nations servers. Now it will be between free servers and and paying servers. But these servers will evolve and may become handled by players.
So we can pay for servers to have Nations-players connect?
If we go in this direction, you may not need to pay, but to handle a normal conversion rate. We don't know yet. We start and will adapt.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 09 Dec 2010 20:23

how about an online pass system.

Players that want to play competition send a request through a webpage and those requests will be handled by nadeo and the organizing competitions.
Players that don't play competitions will play on freezone players.

Would love to help out with the webpage if Nadeo likes the idea.

Please give thoughts about it.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

taklabas
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by taklabas » 09 Dec 2010 20:23

How can Nadeo hope that we will pay for TM2 or any other of their future releases after they treat their community and their loyal fans like this?
Don't forget that the TMN ESWC and TMNF is what made this game so immensely popular and is the reason for a lot of the TMUF sales.

Alesh
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Alesh » 09 Dec 2010 20:26

Absolutely ridiculous and bad faith this decision. Not all players of Trackmania has money to buy a license $ 39 anywhere in the world.

Congratulations, dear developers!!! You managed to sink once a game that was trying to save the u.t.i ...
It is as if someone were sinking in the Pacific Ocean and were supported will drift into a piece of wood. There comes a helicopter fly over by on the head of the poor SAP and pretend that there is nobody to redeem.

That is how I see this decision. US United we won't feel the difference (yet). And when you leave the Trackmania 2?
What will happen with the players who have the TrackMania United when the TM2 is released? Not want nor see ... Poor us ...

Recalling further that 70% of players around the world use the free version of the game ... Many of them don't access the TM Forum, and neither mania zones. Was much more decent on the part of developers anticipate this decision not to catch them by surprise. I would say that was a nice stab in the back of those lovers of TM and a shot at the foot of NADEO.

Result of all this: get ready for the Stampede General ... This game is doomed to become a failure, unfortunately.

Players who play version Trackmania Nations "thank immensely" such lack of sensitivity with them ... I am sympathetic to not only with palyers of my time using the free version of the game but as everyone around the world that must be desperate with this infamous decision and meaningless.

Doing so is a means of empty keys that are at a standstill in site NADEO?

I can assure you that most players will seek another type of online game ... I would do it!

Outraged, subscribe.

Alesh. :grmblz:

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 09 Dec 2010 20:29

Can't help being sorry and laughing a bit, but this is one of the best reasons for opening my un-opened Colin McRae Dirt 2 I've had for many months :P
/lille79

*MaStEr
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by *MaStEr » 09 Dec 2010 20:30

ok, as a TMN player since 2007 and a great fan of the game I think I can say that. This decision is NOT cool. I almost forgot that Ubisoft replaced Focus for Nadeo (money makes the world go round, I know, but still), but this is even more unpleasant.

Firstly, the way how and WHEN we received this information is just unbelievable. I have to mention again that STC/NC matches are played these hours. So players normaly trained tracks this morning, now they come to have a match and guess what? They can't play. LOL. Was it so hard to inform all community atleast a week before this action..?

Secondly, as someone already said, Nations will no longer be the real Nations and the community will never be the same. The game was so popular and praised by lots of players for being free to play and compete on lots of online servers.
Lots of players and teams who enjoyed and played the game mostly for fun (like the game was supposed to be played) will probably uninstall it and get back to CS. If you want a real example, our team has already lost two players because of this, and most of others have lost motivation.
Thirdly, the advice to use favourites to enter a server looks silly, not mentioning it's limited to three (??) servers. Not everyone has installed the tmtp protocol, not everyone's browser handles it correctly and not everyone's game launches with it.

I can understand the problem of money, but it's not easy for anyone. I dunno what to say. I can't believe that we haven't been even warned some time before this..
Need to sleep X_x
(sorry for bad English)

m3

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 09 Dec 2010 20:31

w1lla, we will probably make something like this if competition requires it on short term (we can trigger this tomorrow if they ready the login lists)

taklabas, we are designing the best game and best solutions as possible for players. I don't make psychology here. If some players hates us because we had to change the model because the in game advertising industry changed, it is more their problem. Honestly, we are doing our best, and I really prefer to have players enable to acknowledge this than asking us to work for free.

I don't say we are perfect, but I know how we work here and our intentions. And our goal is to make Nations capable to run for real long. It was named forever based on this. Rules have changed and we still try to adapt... even at the cost of having some players hating it.

taklabas
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by taklabas » 09 Dec 2010 20:36

I don't hate it, i have been playing it for too long in order to hate it, i'm just immensely dissapointed.
Please, explain, how can you expect people to massively start buying United licenses when TM2 is less than a year away from release?
Don't you guys see that TMNF could have been a huge possibility to raise the popularity and hype for the upcoming TM2?
TMNF should have stayed an investment, investment which would pay-out indirectly by the sales and popularity of TM 2.
You spoiled your opportunity.

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 09 Dec 2010 20:37

w1lla wrote:how about an online pass system.

Players that want to play competition send a request through a webpage and those requests will be handled by nadeo and the organizing competitions.
Players that don't play competitions will play on freezone players.
Sounds very easy to administrate... NOT short-term at max.

While letting the serveradmins pay for their nations servers is like one of the easiest way to make the system a little better, I just want to point to the dedimania system, remember why slig doesn't want the hosters to pay?
Also I don't know why my stadium only server with an united account is worth less than a nations server. (That doesn't mean that I or other server hosters wouldn't pay for it.)

I suggest creating a (locked) thread with all the official facts in a list, which gets updated on changes and covers all important questions, like wheter it's possible or not to join relay servers with TMNF and so on would be quite handy for me, I don't like to scan huge forum threads for information I should've gotten by email.

I guess even a screen "Nadeo needs your money, buy united" which appears on every game start and stays for at least three seconds would bring you way more sales than completely changing the "game".

Also, a lot of people are making money with your game. You should probably get your revenues from there and not from the players. (Don't ask me how to do it, nine people can't make a baby in a month.)

And btw. those pictures made me laugh, sad they have been remove :).
Last edited by svens on 09 Dec 2010 20:51, edited 1 time in total.