Freezone Servers

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Re: Freezone Servers

Post by Gekko » 28 Jan 2011 13:07

I have another question....
Can i put max_spectators to 50 ??
To let some other players look the race?

SaTaNaSDiaBoLo
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU TMUF
Manialink(s): maniahome

Post by SaTaNaSDiaBoLo » 28 Jan 2011 13:35

you can't change the max player limit, but you can allow spectators if you want
Imagecolor>

SaTaNaSDiaBoLo
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by SaTaNaSDiaBoLo » 28 Jan 2011 14:01

Mort wrote:Is all this for real?

Hang on a sec.... I just checked my calendar at April 1st isn't for another two months yet!

So to get a server into freezones it will be a non-ladder server, buried in amongst the other freezone servers, that already paying United players have to keep paying for each week and we have to run a bunch of other code and plugins that aren't compatible with uor already nicely setup server configs?

Can someone please explain how all this jumping through hoops is going to help Nadeo? Now not only are the Nations players limited by the freezone changes, but now the people who want to host servers have to do so under very strange and restrictive conditions?

Questions:
1. If I was to setup a FreeZone server of my own, are the Nations players still limited to the play a round, spec a round thing?
2. Why isn't the plugin etc just posted in the Toolbox rather than on another forum.?
3. As there is no info about it on the other forum, will the plugin work on a FAST server?
You can run your server with the ranks you want, if you want to host a 80k ladder server in the freezone you can do it.
You are also free to choose, the tracks and the game mode you want to use on your server.
For the third question, the plugin doesn't work on FAST, but you can do like gekko or Bueddl and run ManiaLive and your usual dedicated manager. But there can be conflict between them.
So you can try this at your own risks.
Imagecolor>

JagMan
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by JagMan » 28 Jan 2011 14:03

i just can't start ManiaLive sistem... i followed all instruction and after i type ./run it give me this:
"Launching ManiaLive Daemon with the following arguments:
./run: line 71: start-stop-daemon: command not found"

can you help me pls ? :-s

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 28 Jan 2011 14:12

If you use debian look where is the start-stop-daemon.
I found it in the /sbin dir.
You can use also php bootstrapper.php
To run it.

JagMan
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by JagMan » 28 Jan 2011 14:21

this is what i get when i run with php bootstrapper.php :
"PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /games/ManiaLive/bootstrapper.php on line 20
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /games/ManiaLive/bootstrapper.php on line 20"

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 28 Jan 2011 14:32

Ok thx i added 100 spectators slots!! The ManiaLive Plugin do the cycling, good!

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Gekko » 28 Jan 2011 14:33

JagMan wrote:this is what i get when i run with php bootstrapper.php :
"PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /games/ManiaLive/bootstrapper.php on line 20
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /games/ManiaLive/bootstrapper.php on line 20"
You need to install PHP 5.3
if you need help to do it ask me in private on Skype : xgekk0x

JagMan
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by JagMan » 28 Jan 2011 14:34

i allready have your skype login but you are not online ^^

Pajo
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TM2

Post by Pajo » 28 Jan 2011 15:13

Bueddl wrote:I already expected this step to be realized.

First of all, you did something, so in anyway, it is a move forward.

But, what do you think about the fairness of this step?
Players hosting a server for your capitalism game change have to pay for:
-pushing your game and your profite
-reducing your traffic amount
-hosting a server with all its needs (care of mappack etc.)

Don't you think it would be fair at least to give more freedom to those players?
E.g. full dynamic players max (according to the ladder rules)
and using a server plugin of their choice, e.g. like (X)Aseco or Fast?

I think if you want players to push your system, you should give them more freedom.

But, at least, you did a step forward, so, good move, but has to improove als always :lovetm

Cheers :1
Bueddl
I can't agree with you more Bueddl , Nadeo is just ruining the game now ....what do they ( Nadeo )want to accomplish with this , is it because TM2 will be here soon or what ?...Don't say you ( Nadeo ) want to run forever version of this game and it will never die...yes it will die ...you are killing it...just see what decision did you make now...Give us ( Hosting providers ) more freedom to choose Xaseco or Fast and higher players limit , because this sucks now...we are advertising you with this "freezone" in server names , so you should adapt to us not we to Nadeo...And what is with this Manialive ,when I first saw that i was like wtf is this??The plugin is not so nice like Xaseco or Fast but again lovely nadeo comes in with the decision that we MUST run the manialive on our servers...Nadeo is just killing this game , and killing the stuff what tm community and all it's players done in the past years...I understand that Nadeo is under pressure now , but this is not the right way to dealing with this...I'm very disappointed right now..because I really like this game ,and look what is happening to it now..That's my opinion ..Cheers!

Jojo_44
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: Tmnf, Tmuf

Post by Jojo_44 » 28 Jan 2011 15:26

Hi,

my two servers (zeroladder13 and zeroladder35) are not available with a nations account. 5 hours ago, they were available. I also pay for both servers and manialive is still running. What´s up ?

best regards, Jojo

Edit: Did a restart and it looks good now. Strange behavior ;)

Terron
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: all full+some betas

Post by Terron » 28 Jan 2011 15:54

I think that nations is going to be dead...
florent, this is very silly idea :(

SaTaNaSDiaBoLo
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by SaTaNaSDiaBoLo » 28 Jan 2011 16:09

Pajo wrote: I can't agree with you more Bueddl , Nadeo is just ruining the game now ....what do they ( Nadeo )want to accomplish with this , is it because TM2 will be here soon or what ?...Don't say you ( Nadeo ) want to run forever version of this game and it will never die...yes it will die ...you are killing it...just see what decision did you make now...Give us ( Hosting providers ) more freedom to choose Xaseco or Fast and higher players limit , because this sucks now...we are advertising you with this "freezone" in server names , so you should adapt to us not we to Nadeo...And what is with this Manialive ,when I first saw that i was like wtf is this??The plugin is not so nice like Xaseco or Fast but again lovely nadeo comes in with the decision that we MUST run the manialive on our servers...Nadeo is just killing this game , and killing the stuff what tm community and all it's players done in the past years...I understand that Nadeo is under pressure now , but this is not the right way to dealing with this...I'm very disappointed right now..because I really like this game ,and look what is happening to it now..That's my opinion ..Cheers!
Plugin does not looks as great as on Aseco and others because there is not a lot of plugin for the moment. But if you want to convert some plugin go ahead, and you'll see that ManiaLive can be as nice as Aseco and others
Imagecolor>

JagMan
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by JagMan » 28 Jan 2011 16:16

StanaSDiablos can you help me with my errors? look up for it

Pajo
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TM2

Post by Pajo » 28 Jan 2011 16:53

SaTaNaSDiaBoLo wrote:
Plugin does not looks as great as on Aseco and others because there is not a lot of plugin for the moment. But if you want to convert some plugin go ahead, and you'll see that ManiaLive can be as nice as Aseco and others
-Yes I'm sure it's a good plugin but why I can't choose Xaseco or Fast , why Nadeo must force the server owners to use manialive...Nadeo get real , like i said Nadeo is getting advert's now from our servers ,so give us more choice...