Freezone Servers

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Re: Freezone Servers

Post by weerwolf1 » 30 Jan 2011 11:15

On the sideline of it, i just cant see the rules now implied are to help in the present situation, but i keep an open mind. There are parts of me that really encourage 1 core controller and different styles built upon it, the other part thinks it destroy the community feeling & development what made TM rock the world.

For now i am trying to see the manialive thing on 1 of our servers, and see what it does. We have seen quite a lot players on it for now, and are moderating chat by IRC as we have always done.

I was one of them to who complained about the fact that no-one was moderating the freezones servers for chat, but the ridiculous switch now by forcing it upon me really not-done.

Why? Cause it react to every thing even assassin-creed will silence me up for 5 min. Dutch people swearing with cancer? No problem... OMG. Bad language has to be done host side because there are too much languages to do that in general.
I really cant image why you guys didn't see sorry.

I really like the decision that you let the lease off track & mode choosing for high ranked servers. Let people rank for what they are, do and like.
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

Sokol
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): relax

Post by Sokol » 30 Jan 2011 18:34

We very very much need plug-in Freezone for xaseco. There is no possibility to update php to version 5.3 on a used hosting, to launch ManiaLive it is not obviously possible...
Enthusiasts - where you? We will be very grateful to you )

reaby
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by reaby » 30 Jan 2011 19:00

Sokol wrote:We very very much need plug-in Freezone for xaseco. There is no possibility to update php to version 5.3 on a used hosting, to launch ManiaLive it is not obviously possible...
Enthusiasts - where you? We will be very grateful to you )
sorry to disappoint, but the freezone plugin is not open source and therefore we as developers can't do much about it. it can't be ported leagally. personally i won't take the risk doing so. there is topic on maniaplanet forums.

DeJaMo
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, Canyon

Post by DeJaMo » 30 Jan 2011 21:09

Jeez people, can't we all understand that Nadeo have killed TM, all further posts are pointless, it's dead, let us all just bid farewell to the game that we enjoyed and find something else to do on the interweb :)

Like many previous posters, I have also (along with a friend, ssta) been running servers for years and here is our response to Florents' really cool ideas....

http://bipolarbears.org.uk/Forum/viewto ... 7&start=20

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 30 Jan 2011 21:43

reaby wrote:sorry to disappoint, but the freezone plugin is not open source and therefore we as developers can't do much about it. it can't be ported leagally. personally i won't take the risk doing so. there is topic on maniaplanet forums.
Just to get the facts right, that's pure BS. The guy who posted that on the maniaplanet forums obviously doesn't know what a GNU licence is. The plugin itself is released under the terms of the LGPLv3 licence (if they changed it, I'll share this version - since I'm allowed to do so). It lets you distribute, sell and modify it, as long as you make the derivate work LGPL (or even GPL if you wish) again. The difference to the GPL is that you can use the code in proprietary applications - if some conditions are met.

So expect from Nadeo not allowing it, there's nothing which would make a port to other server controllers impossible.

I guess that the challenge with the plugin is, that you need some way to ensure that the draconic rules are all aplied correctly. The current situation doesn't really ensure that (since anyone who's able to install PHP 5.3 on his server is probably smart enough to get rid of the "bad" things of the plugin).
But of course an "official" person has to invest some time to make sure a plugin is working properly (as it has been done on the ML plugin, like the bad-words filter clearly shows) in its current state.
Nadeo is a very "dynamic" company, if they feel the current rules aren't sufficient they want to adjust them quickly. So notifying the plugin maintainers one week in advance is clearly out of question, Nadeo could never wait that long. Of course that's just to make the best out of the situation for all of us.

It was about time that someone creates a server controller which uses PHP 5.3s new features with a clean plugin interface. However I really don't like the way ManiaLive is being pushed.
Florent wrote:- The relay server for competition should be setup on a direct link access, obvisouly like competitions already do.
While not showing them in the server list is no problem for me, the main question stays somewhat unaswered. As I already asked in this thread, we still have no idea on how long this method is going to last.

The broader question is more wheter Nadeo wants competitions to move to United or not. It would help a lot to know this, since it helps us/me judge what you're going to do with the direct access and relay situation. Something like "we'll see how it goes" doesn't count here. This is something which really enrages me every day I have to deal with Trackmania, you guys have absolutely no concept. That's really **** unfunny if someone's doing something with your game, becuase everything could be different the next day. The extremly lousy communication is just the tip of the iceberg, I really have now idea how Nadeo survived as a company.
After two months, a bit of concept and some promises for the future of the freezone are probably due now.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 30 Jan 2011 22:25

Svens hit the nail right on the head...

I just can't imagine that Nadeo hasn't realized our level of frustrations as of late. I understand they need to do what they can to keep the game alive, but it should never have been put forward in such a way to cause so much grief for server operators.

Nadeo may foot the bill for the game itself, but we the server operators are who keep this game alive. Without the online experience we create, Nadeo and TM with it would have been dead years ago, a fact made obvious by them opening third-party freezone hosting.

The players can work their way around the hassles easily enough, but we can't. If Nadeo isn't careful, they'll only continue the trend of more and more TM communities shutting down -- they'll still have millions of players, but there'll be no place for them to play.
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

tmdunhill
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU
Manialink(s): only one, tmdunhill

Post by tmdunhill » 31 Jan 2011 00:18

where do I register the server to stay in the Freezone? This very good news.

Greetings

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 31 Jan 2011 00:25

read the first page/post FTW :xD

please try to read info before posting ;)
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

SaTaNaSDiaBoLo
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU TMUF
Manialink(s): maniahome

Post by SaTaNaSDiaBoLo » 31 Jan 2011 13:45

Just to refresh some memories the requirements are
  • 40 players Max
  • Public
  • The server name must begin with FreeZone
  • The server must run ManiaLive and the FreeZone Plugin
If you have some troubles using ManiaLive contact me, and I'll see what I can do for you.

If your server does not meet those requirements and you received a PM warning you about this. You have 3 days to meet the requirements. Otherwise your agreement will be disable, on every server which don't meet the requirements
Imagecolor>

mattrunk
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by mattrunk » 31 Jan 2011 14:09

your system Manialive is very bad, it's not threatening the community you will solve your dumpling. personally My Freezone server is configured with XAseco and works very well you have to find a solution now, I have already deposited 10000 + 250 /w coppers that you want more? I also think that you will spend your day to post your PM diabolo.
also know that a boycott from tm2 can be yet considered
sry i'm french

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 31 Jan 2011 15:29

Hei Satanas, why my FreeZone servers are always empty?

SaTaNaSDiaBoLo
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU TMUF
Manialink(s): maniahome

Post by SaTaNaSDiaBoLo » 31 Jan 2011 15:40

Gekko wrote:Hei Satanas, why my FreeZone servers are always empty?
Because there is no player on it ;)
More seriously, I don't know but they are in the FreeZone, When I connect them, some players were connected.
Imagecolor>

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 31 Jan 2011 17:05

Hmmmm, are there any rotation rules?
Is the API.MANIALIVE that decide the rotation or is LP based???

Strange, after i said to you, the servers filled up..... :?

MINICIBER
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by MINICIBER » 31 Jan 2011 18:33

how I can install php 5.3 on centos

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 01 Feb 2011 04:20

MINICIBER wrote:how I can install php 5.3 on centos
I laid out specific instructions on how to compile php 5.3 for CLI only somewhere around page 3 of this thread. I'd recommend only installing CLI, and not as a system/apache module, to keep the specific version of php isolated so it won't cause problems with any other server controllers you may use, or any script-based websites you may host. If you receive any errors while compiling, it'll be due more than likely to a few missing devel packages (forget all that you need outside of mysql's devel package).
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com