Chill out

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Koroner
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Chill out

Post by Koroner » 28 May 2006 18:23

I think that if I were Florent or others at Nadeo I could feel very offended by the STUPID insults that pathetic people are throwing these days.

They gave you a free game; even, a VERY GOOD free game.
And what do you do once you find some problem that doesn't get fixed within few hours?? You start insulting them, heavily, just because you feel like you were left alone with your problems.

If Nadeo isn't giving you any info about some problems, that means either that they are modifying the game contents or that such problems do not require so much time to fix.

I bet that all this arrogance comes from the "addictive ladder" that some 8-hours-per-day players cannot think living without.

CDB[SWE]
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by CDB[SWE] » 28 May 2006 18:42

word!
Image.-¨Trackmaniacs¨-.Image

D-dude
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by D-dude » 28 May 2006 18:57

i totally agree :) guys in trackmania world, just chill out 8)

Hydra
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Hydra » 28 May 2006 18:59

I don't think I'll need to chill out because I haven't insulted anybody, but I'll try.

D-dude
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by D-dude » 28 May 2006 19:04

ok dude, and anyways im sure the trackmania operater dudes will sort the problem out...

ps...i heard that 1 of the problems of interet crashes and no conneting severs is because so many people play trackmaina, they wernt exspecting it to be this big lol. my source says they said they might have 2 reboot there whole system :o

Koroner
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Koroner » 28 May 2006 19:32

I don't think I'll need to chill out because I haven't insulted anybody, but I'll try.
If you didn't insult anyone you don't need to say it: you should already know it.

I started this thread because I saw that the TMN section were filled with charging and enraged posts.
Just calm down everybody.

I perfectly know how you may feel when you abruptly cannot play your favourite game anymore (I've still clear in my mind the memory of one day when my PlayStation refused to read the second CD of FFVII and so I was forced to have it be repaired... f*ck, I was on vacation from school!)
BUT
we players should always be as symphatetic as possible to developers, ESPECIALLY when the game you like so much is free of charge.

kaka rooney
highway camper
highway camper

Post by kaka rooney » 28 May 2006 19:51

HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! EVERYONE HOW'S EVERYONE DOING!

kaka rooney
highway camper
highway camper

Post by kaka rooney » 28 May 2006 19:52

I agree with dan about the chill thing

kaka rooney
highway camper
highway camper

Post by kaka rooney » 28 May 2006 19:53

(D-Dude)

D-dude
pedestrian
pedestrian

thanks

Post by D-dude » 28 May 2006 19:53

thank tom (kaka rooney)

Xp
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Xp » 28 May 2006 20:21

I argee too. Just play
OFFTOPIC: I done this message on my PSP :D
Back with a barrel roll :island2

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 28 May 2006 21:20

I'll chill out when Nadeo somehow manages to fix the ladder system and bans offending players ^^
But it's a very difficult thing to do, the ladder fixing part that is... *waits patiently*

fng_thatoneguy
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 28 May 2006 21:23

I agree that some need to chill... just becuase we may discover things about the ladder that could potentially be improved; doesn't give us the right to bask on Nadeo... free game or not. Even if we'd paid $50 for the game (which I would on a new release... they've sucked me in!) they deserve respect for one of the greatest games ever made.

This doesn't mean that we shoudln't discuss ways to make the ladder better, but we can do it in a calm and respectful way (to everyone involved - not just Nadeo.)

Everyone deserves respect, whether you do/don't agree with their ideas... and Nadeo deserves a huge hand for making a killer game (that began with the original TrackMania) and continued through Sunrise and now Nations, which they've graciously given away free. TMN was my first introduction to the world of TrackMania and I was so hooked so fast, I immediately bought two copies of Sunrise and one copy of Original (soon to be two) for my home LAN.

I've introduced over 50 people to the game and at most, 2-3 of them didn't like the game because it wasn't their style. The rest have emailed, telephoned or otherwise communicated to me how much they hate me now because TrackMania consumes all of their free moments now. :) I can relate... it's such a great game.

That said, let's stay cool with each other as we discuss ideas to make the game and online better... I respect that Nadeo can't commit a lot to this project, especially on the game client level. I'm a developer myself and realize the costs of making changes to existing software. If it's a quality product, it's not a quick nor an easy task, even if the change only involves one line of code. There is much testing and QA work to be done after the change is made to make sure nothing else in the software is screwed up, or new bugs introduced. If Nadeo were to go focus a lot of developer/QA time to changing TMN, a game their probably not making enough off the advertising to justify, then we chance losing them for future good games. A development company that goes under because they don't have enough money, won't be any good to we gamers, now will they?!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, thank you so much, Nadeo, for granting free licenses for all to become TrackManiacs -- I've always dreamed of a game like this and I still can't believe it's free. I look forward to the next release and hope that Nadeo will take into consideration the wonderful ideas that have been expressed on the forums about making the online play a better experience for all and integrate the best mix of them into the next release.

Until then, I hope they'll put the ladder back to the way it was, as it seemed like the community wasn't as segregated then.

And we all need to remember that online ladder play is only one small aspect of how TrackMania can be enjoyed. We have fun at home playing Hot Seat with my kids... playing online on our favorite tracks with Team FNG sometimes and most of my time spent on ZHaDuM's server playing new tracks and new mods - and enjoying racing time with my friends there that encourage friendly competition and good times.

Thanks again, Nadeo for such a great game... and hopefully we can all go back to geting along. :)

ZHaDuM
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by ZHaDuM » 28 May 2006 22:38

ah, the cool voice of reason!

Please understand we are only people and very passionate about this game! many people sometimes sound very angry and hurt and I believe this is true feelings! Sometimes things we say not very nice in times of pain, believe me i have deleted quite a few posts in my time hahahaha.

Hydra
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Hydra » 28 May 2006 23:35

Yes!!!! It's fixed!! At least for me!!! Thanx nadeo!! Bye guys, I'm off to play!!! :D :D